Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum spray wax

Not a bad product at all. I have 1/2 gallon or more just sitting, need to re-visit this product. I was using a SprayMaster bottle, which I hate by the way, to apply the product. I`m going to switch to one of my AutoZone bottles and see if I can fall in love like you all have. I`m thinking the junk bottle kept me from being blown away.

Post Thanks / Like

i love ocw, but as with some i like my fine mist nozzles, i hate finger pump sprayers as well. so i got some of these style of sprayers TRIGGER SPRAYERS, 24/410 FINISH, MINI CURVE, FINE MIST, WITH A 6 3/4" DIP TUBE, they work awesome and let nice fine mist go to the surface, sucks on a windy day however but thats expected with such a fine mist. you can test those sprayers if you click "add samples" and then you can get some for free, just get correct sized bottles as well and just for reference the 24/410 thread`s will fit the 8oz optimum bottle`s,AG sample bottles.among others but thats the easiest reference for threads those will fit. the 20/400 threads are really small about 3/4" wide bottle opening so dont get those unless you get the correct bottles, thats why i suggest the 24/410 because you can re use the opt bottles for them. i love those sprayers, best ones i have found my only complaint is i wish they were bigger, however i like having a bunch of products in 4-8oz bottles then i have a ton of products in a small area to stuff in my trunk!. the other fine mist nozzle i have is from a airwick air freshener bottle now that nozzle(ill do some searching and post for you guys) lets some fluid out! one spray can cover a good portion of my door with that sprayer but there hard to find unless you want to buy a 4$ bottle of air freshener and use it up then take the bottle for detailing stuff LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    You really should try the one from AutoZone. I use one for OPC to clean leather, produces a beautiful mist with very little runs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Not a bad product at all. I have 1/2 gallon or more just sitting, need to re-visit this product. I was using a SprayMaster bottle, which I hate by the way, to apply the product. I`m going to switch to one of my AutoZone bottles and see if I can fall in love like you all have. I`m thinking the junk bottle kept me from being blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    i love ocw, but as with some i like my fine mist nozzles, i hate finger pump sprayers as well. so i got some of these style of sprayers TRIGGER SPRAYERS, 24/410 FINISH, MINI CURVE, FINE MIST, WITH A 6 3/4" DIP TUBE, they work awesome and let nice fine mist go to the surface, sucks on a windy day however but thats expected with such a fine mist. you can test those sprayers if you click "add samples" and then you can get some for free, just get correct sized bottles as well and just for reference the 24/410 thread`s will fit the 8oz optimum bottle`s,AG sample bottles.among others but thats the easiest reference for threads those will fit. the 20/400 threads are really small about 3/4" wide bottle opening so dont get those unless you get the correct bottles, thats why i suggest the 24/410 because you can re use the opt bottles for them. i love those sprayers, best ones i have found my only complaint is i wish they were bigger, however i like having a bunch of products in 4-8oz bottles then i have a ton of products in a small area to stuff in my trunk!. the other fine mist nozzle i have is from a airwick air freshener bottle now that nozzle(ill do some searching and post for you guys) lets some fluid out! one spray can cover a good portion of my door with that sprayer but there hard to find unless you want to buy a 4$ bottle of air freshener and use it up then take the bottle for detailing stuff LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    You really should try the one from AutoZone. I use one for OPC to clean leather, produces a beautiful mist with very little runs.

I know that its not as cost effective as buying the gallon right off the bat, but I am using the original spray bottle that OCW comes in. I have been thought nearly the entire bottle and it has worked well for me.

Would a finer spray be better for application? Possibly, but I subscribe to the thought that Optimum did their homework and choose that sprayer for a reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I know that its not as cost effective as buying the gallon right off the bat, but I am using the original spray bottle that OCW comes in. I have been thought nearly the entire bottle and it has worked well for me.

Would a finer spray be better for application? Possibly, but I subscribe to the thought that Optimum did their homework and choose that sprayer for a reason.
    I did not buy the Optimum bottle. Hopefully it`s not the same sprayer as OPC because that doesn`t mist at all. Then again, maybe OCW wasn`t meant to be sprayed at a fine mist? I just know the SprayMaster spray head sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried OCW with an atomizing spritz type bottle. I hated it. The spray was way to fine. I ended up going with a regular type QD sprayer.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

funny thing is, im using the original sprayer that came with the OCW, its actualy a nice sprayer for most of that style that really do not work good. however the sprayer on the xmt 360 spray wax i HATE! so thats why i turned to above nozzles....sorry was not meant for the ocw but more for just another option in sprayers if you didnt like it....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    funny thing is, im using the original sprayer that came with the OCW, its actualy a nice sprayer for most of that style that really do not work good. however the sprayer on the xmt 360 spray wax i HATE! so thats why i turned to above nozzles....sorry was not meant for the ocw but more for just another option in sprayers if you didnt like it....
    I fully agree. I despise the finger pump sprayer that is,like the one on XMT 360 spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

want one to fit the xmt bottle? i have one extra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Just did a black porche today around Noon in hot sun and no streaks .

The method Im using with the 2 towels flush together ( one with OCW,the other dry)moving in unison seems to be working great! Also I think the fastest possible way possible to apply.

Sal , I heard the thicker MF towels dont work as well and may cause some streaking .I think thats somewhere on this thread.

Almost 5 months for a spray wax is pretty amazing!
    That`s a good idea DC ... I have had streaking issues with black cars in the past ... I`ll have to break out the OCW and give it another go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    That`s a good idea DC ... I have had streaking issues with black cars in the past ... I`ll have to break out the OCW and give it another go.
    See if it works for ya too!

Ive only been using it a couple months so the temps had not gone above 80 yet. Its worked so far and Im curious if higher temps in the summer will be a problem or not.

Time will tell!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    I just had another black car yesterday .Used OCW and it didnt streak at all . The decklid was so hot I couldnt even touch it for more then a split second!

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought, and received my first bottles of OCW, and OPC. Have yet to use them though.

On those XMT bottles, which one? The 12 oz., or the 32 oz.? I`m just asking for clarification for the others. No one specified which bottle they were refering to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Just bought, and received my first bottles of OCW, and OPC. Have yet to use them though.

On those XMT bottles, which one? The 12 oz., or the 32 oz.? I`m just asking for clarification for the others. No one specified which bottle they were refering to.
    Don`t have the 32 oz, but the 12 oz finger-pump is useless.
    Francis

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information