Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum spray wax

Thanks Brian.

Im not too worried about this(sun) since I am at the waxing stage late in the day and it being close winter and I will be using KlasseAIO for the top surfaces.

But lets say I did get streaking. Is there a remedy, Other than washing it off and starting over ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Thanks Brian.

Im not too worried about this(sun) since I am at the waxing stage late in the day and it being close winter and I will be using KlasseAIO for the top surfaces.

But lets say I did get streaking. Is there a remedy, Other than washing it off and starting over ?
    If you get streaking, simply mist on the towel (instead of the car) and wipe on and buff off immediately. Work a small section at a time and it will remove streaking. I tend to apply to the towel anyways just to avoid streaking.

I know Opti-Seal topped with OCW lasted at least 4 months on Brian`s old car, in the direct sunlight.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only time I ever got streaks was when my towel had too much product on it to buff it in efficiently. Basically, just spread it over the panel with one towel and buff till clear with a second towel and there`ll be none. Trying to use a single towel to apply and buff is what my problem was initially.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    The only time I ever got streaks was when my towel had too much product on it to buff it in efficiently. Basically, just spread it over the panel with one towel and buff till clear with a second towel and there`ll be none. Trying to use a single towel to apply and buff is what my problem was initially.
    Excellent tip Chris, thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Optimum spray wax

Thanks everyone for all your tips . I think I will become a master at applying OCW very quickly now!

Post Thanks / Like

When someone say it can be used in the sun..I think of full overhead sun with no cloud cover. Anything else is partial sun to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Brice View Post
    Given the angle of the sun and cloud cover among other conditions, absolutely. If the panel is cool enough that ONR is behaving properly (not steaming off the car making it very difficult to dry without horrible streaking) then it`s cool enough to blast a spray of OCW just before drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99 View Post
    When someone say it can be used in the sun..I think of full overhead sun with no cloud cover. Anything else is partial sun to me.
    Thats fine, and I have polished many cars in the conditions you describe. Many things can affect the surface temp, cloud cover or not. Your position on the earth will come into play, time of day, etc etc. You will have more work to do come cleanup time but it can be done.

Common sense is the function we should all be using at times like these, if the surface of your hood is too hot to touch, you probably shouldn`t be doing anything to it but figuring a way to cool it down.

With a cold water mixture of ONR I can do everything a detailer does to paint in direct sunlight in the Serengeti, it will just take much longer to complete.

Start by cooling a small section with your wash solution and continue to do so as needed. It may not be an ideal situation but it`s definitely doable, I`ve been stuck outside many times, just not so much the last few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    If you get streaking, simply mist on the towel (instead of the car) and wipe on and buff off immediately. Work a small section at a time and it will remove streaking. I tend to apply to the towel anyways just to avoid streaking.

I know Opti-Seal topped with OCW lasted at least 4 months on Brian`s old car, in the direct sunlight.
    True story. Opti-Seal really kept the slick look for the long term as well. That car never spent a night in my garage, 100% exposed to Tampa elements 100% the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a gallon it OCW and will be trying it out tomorrow. I plan on using it to add some quick protection over the winter months.

Post Thanks / Like

couldn`t agree more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    I just got a gallon it OCW and will be trying it out tomorrow. I plan on using it to add some quick protection over the winter months.
    Pictures would not only be welcomed but also appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem at times and ended up following the tip from Chris with great success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

Yup, mist the towel. Makes the application much much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a car today to try out the OCW.

It was a least 70 today and bright full midday sun and I went ahead and used it in the sun with absolutely no problems with streaking or any other problems at all .

It was a silver color so the paint was just warm to the touch and not hot.

I love this stuff so far ! It went so fast and easy and looks fantastic!I am very happy with it so far.

Im looking foward to seeing how it goes with darker colored cars.

I used all your guys tips and Chris suggestion with the 2 towel method .

Thanks everyone !

Post Thanks / Like

I put a coat of Opti-Seal on my truck for the winter months and have been maintaining it with OCW after each wash. Impressive results for very little time spent.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information