Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

AIO for Daily Driver?

Last week I spent a good 10 hours on the exterior of my wife`s car. I washed it, decontaminated the paint with Iron-X, used Pinnacle Ultra Poly on all of the painted surfaces (glass and light lenses too) and polished with M105 on a yellow pad. The paint wasn`t awful, but it wasn`t up to my standards either. I finished off with Megs #5 glaze & green pad followed by 845. It came out great!

My question is, how does everyone feel about an all-in-one for maintenance on a daily driver? This car is garaged every night and gets washed once a week to once every two weeks (depending on our weather here in Michigan). I usually follow-up the wash with a quick detailer mist and wipe of some sort.

It seems that if I could get away with an AIO every three months, I`d be ahead of the game and wouldn`t have to break out the heavy stuff once a year (I do admit that I missed this cars yearly treatment all together last year).

I`ve had my eye on Poorboys World Polish with either the sealant or carnuba and I`d probably apply it with either a green, black or red pad. What`s everyone`s thoughts on this? Considering the car is garaged and washed (usually with ONR), is it still recommended that I apply an LSP even though these two products have either a sealer or carnuba? Anything inherently bad about the PB World Polish? Which one would be your choice?

If anything, I think I`m just getting lazy, but I`d be up for an extra hour or two working on this car 3 times a year if I didn`t need to spend 10-12 hours once a year. If this system works out I`ll probably follow the same regiment on my BMW motorcycle as well. For my newer car that sits outside I will continue to use 845 once or twice a year...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Polish w Sealant would work great. I like using a white pad with it, but a green will work fine. If the paint is in really good shape you could get away with a grey pad, but red is a little soft for PwS imo.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO for Daily Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by landshark View Post
    Last week I spent a good 10 hours on the exterior of my wife`s car. I washed it, decontaminated the paint with Iron-X, used Pinnacle Ultra Poly on all of the painted surfaces (glass and light lenses too) and polished with M105 on a yellow pad. The paint wasn`t awful, but it wasn`t up to my standards either. I finished off with Megs #5 glaze & green pad followed by 845. It came out great!

If your using a compound like M105 try following up with a polish like M205 on a White pad then follow up with Meguiars New Car Glaze #5 with your polisher, use a soft finishing pad (Black or Blue ). This is a glaze/polish with no real abrasive action so you you’re just using the buffer as a means of application. There is really no need to apply additional pressure to the buffer. Just spread on #5 at a low speed and slow. Allow it to haze and then buff with your Microfiber Towel.

My question is, how does everyone feel about an all-in-one for maintenance on a daily driver? This car is garaged every night and gets washed once a week to once every two weeks (depending on our weather here in Michigan). I usually follow-up the wash with a quick detailer mist and wipe of some sort.

It seems that if I could get away with an AIO every three months, I`d be ahead of the game and wouldn`t have to break out the heavy stuff once a year (I do admit that I missed this cars yearly treatment all together last year).

If you have correct it right and maintain it properly then you should have no need to AIO every 3 months, but if you do then go ahead and take care of the area`s in question.

I`ve had my eye on Poorboys World Polish with either the sealant or carnuba and I`d probably apply it with either a green, black or red pad. What`s everyone`s thoughts on this? Considering the car is garaged and washed (usually with ONR), is it still recommended that I apply an LSP even though these two products have either a sealer or carnuba? Anything inherently bad about the PB World Polish? Which one would be your choice?

I would go with a PBW Polish with Sealant due to the weather in your area.

If anything, I think I`m just getting lazy, but I`d be up for an extra hour or two working on this car 3 times a year if I didn`t need to spend 10-12 hours once a year. If this system works out I`ll probably follow the same regiment on my BMW motorcycle as well. For my newer car that sits outside I will continue to use 845 once or twice a year...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Are you need to do them is twice a year ( Spring time and Fall time ) IMO, with the 845 you can get the best in Wax protection around. Use it on all the vehicles in your household.

Hope this helps.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Polish with Sealant is a great AIO. It is very pad dependent. I used it with a LC Black pad a couple weeks ago and it removed some micro marring. This was on a vehicle that has had its paint corrected this past summer and just had some light marring that need cleaning up. Just today I used it on a crazy swirled Buick LeSabre with a LC Orange pad and it actually cut way more than I expected it to. So if you haven`t guessed, I would recommend Poorboy`s Polish with Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

i just got pinnacles xmt360 stuff works pretty darn good on a white LC pad. can adjust agressiveness level with more aggressive pads. smells like cherries(i hate the smell of cherry and grape because i cant stand the smell of cough syrup) but this cherry smell is tollerable and dont make me nausious! works good leaves behind some nice protection. have not tested durability yet. ive heard optimum poli-seal is a good AIO same with meguiars D151....megs d151 is best value per dollar and from the pics/reviews ive seen works good also..id be willing to send you a 2oz sample of XMT360 if you have anything you want to trade. good luck with finding a good AIO

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I`m going to give both the PB`s and Pinnacle a try.

Post Thanks / Like

heres some 50/50 pics of what the xmt360 can do using a 5.5" white lc flat pad on a rotary. left side is before right side is after in the following pics...

and heres part of the bumper on same vehicle (95 astro van my test subject for new product lol) and no theres not holograms its just streaking still needs more work to restore it...

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a fan of Poish with Sealant. IT cleans will, can remove some swirls, and is more durable than expected.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I am a huge fan of Optimum Poli-Seal. Does some minor correction, easy to use and leaves the paint so silky smooth. I feel this would be a great product to use between full details as it will remove any minor swirls and also gives the paint a good deep down cleaning. Also it plays really nice with 845 if you want to add extra protection. It`s ease of use will blow you away. It litterally melts into the paint leaving very minimal if any product to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Not getting it...if it is washed 1-2 weeks, kept in the garage, and you know proper technique how could you need to do a yearly 10-12 hour correction??

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of good AIO products out there. Of course Poorboys, but also Duragloss, Meguiars, and Mothers.

Post Thanks / Like

All-In-One products are a nice way to keep that daily driver looking great. Some products contain abrasives while others perform their magic using chemicals.

An all-in-one product that`s formulated with abrasives, Meguiar`s D151, is a great way of brightening up the finish as well as removing medium grade swirls.

An all-in-one product that`s formulated with chemicals, Klasse All-In-One, will remove oxidation and grime but will have no impact on swirls and other surface defects.

If your daily driver is maintained regularly then washing and an occasional coat of wax or sealant should keep it looking great.

Also keep in mind that any all-in-one will remove any sealant or wax that you`ve applied, they`re designed to...

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

A lot good stuff has been said about using Dura gloss 601 and 501 mixed together. You may want to do a search on that mixture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    A lot good stuff has been said about using Dura gloss 601 and 501 mixed together. You may want to do a search on that mixture.
    ! part 601 to 4 parts 501.

Post Thanks / Like

I love polish with sealent for the winter on all my cars and then for the summer it`s PwC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information