Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I have been very busy at work and also picked up a new toy for me so all the other cars on the driveway have been seriusly neglected.

I have not washed my wife`s 2010 MDX Sport since ...I can`t even remember. Few Months. Car is white and from all the rain it had develpoed black stripes from the rain run off.

Yesterday I decided it was the day to do the MDX. I had not applid any LSP since last October when I was getting it ready for the winter. I cleaned the wheels-love these-so easy to clean, and moved on to the paint. I washed with a MF mit and shampoo. Car came out so clean I was amazed. I usually have a much harder time getting the car white again after such a long gap in maintenance. Cleaned it up, polished the exhaust tips with polishing soap and applied another coat of UPGP to ensure full coverage. I also apply it to the face of the wheels and it seems to last until you hit it with wheel cleaner!

This stuff is so easy to use. I like it`s portection alot, nothing seems to stick to it. I keep trying new products and end up using the new stuff on my car and finishing up everything else on the others. I have to tell you that this Ultima stuff is good-lasts-provides above average protection and most of all, I can coat a clean MDX in 5 minutes or less fully and completely. It may seem expensive but you use so little per coat.that the cost per use if very in-expensive. If you are new to this product stick to 1 spray per pannel. I only get into trouble using too much. You can`t see it on white but on black it is evidenced by streaking. The streaks are easily removed with their detailer once fully cured.

When I first got to Autopia, there was alot of talk about the Ultima Line-then it died down quite a bit, still a good product in my opinion.

Plan on topping it with another coat today and then I will post pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Paint Guard Plus

I like it very much myself. My car is white pearl and the Ultima Paint Guard Plus makes it look like a candy finish after two coats. After three it glows at night

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think there a single Ultima product that doesn`t work well or that I don`t like.

When I first gave Ultima`s Paint Guard Plus a test drive I thought; "I must be doing something wrong because this is just too easy"....It is just that easy..

I was pleasantly surprised to see how shinny the finish was and how well it protected everything. If I had to categorize this product I`d say it`s smack dab in the middle between a quality sealant and one of the new Nano coatings we`re seeing today....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

You are all correct. It is amazing stuff. Its by far my favorite sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sample in my cabinet that I`ve never tried. I might have to pull it out next weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I have a sample in my cabinet that I`ve never tried. I might have to pull it out next weekend
    I would highly recommend it. The sickness it provides is second to none. I guess you can tell I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

UPGP is indeed a great sealant! My favorite and it last a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Another huge fan of Ultima here but most of you knew that

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to use the UPGP, but Optiseal is amazing and I have heard that UPGP is much better. I hope to try it someday. :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
    I have yet to use the UPGP, but Optiseal is amazing and I have heard that UPGP is much better. I hope to try it someday. :
    I to have Opti-Seal but want to try UPGP since Corey is such a huge fan of it.

Post Thanks / Like

i have opti-coat 2.0 on my cars. how does it compare in slickness and longevity.
    would it be worth taking off the op 2 to use upgp instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    i have opti-coat 2.0 on my cars. how does it compare in slickness and longevity.
    would it be worth taking off the op 2 to use upgp instead.
    The only way to take off Opti-Coat is too polish it off (and even then its going to be near impossible to know when its gone). Opti-Coat is a great, permanent coating. Why not just top it with Ultima instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I to have Opti-Seal but want to try UPGP since Corey is such a huge fan of it.
    I have both Opti Seal and UPGP. With OS it`s kinda like "nice try but UPGP got it right". I use the OS for black door handles, black mirror housings, door jambs, roof racks, and the like. Can`t seem to use it up in spite of my efforts to deplete it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I have both Opti Seal and UPGP. With OS it`s kinda like "nice try but UPGP got it right". I use the OS for black door handles, black mirror housings, door jambs, roof racks, and the like. Can`t seem to use it up in spite of my efforts to deplete it.
    I have used OS on paint for a durability test. But now for the most part I am using it on wheels, and door jambs. It makes it nice and easy to finish.

Thread Information