Post Thanks / Like
    Got the PC and used it for the first time...Seemed to work good, but haven`t seen it in the sun yet, just flour. garage lights. My first question is, can I apply OG hand glaze by PC, and with which pad? Also, how idiot proof is SMR with the PC and white pad? Thanks, and I hope it looks as good tomorrow as it did in the garage.

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    You can apply the OG product with the grey pad, that specific pad is made to layer a product on. The other pads will remove some of the previous layer of product since they have "cutting" action.

The Porter Cable can be run at full speed with the white pad and 3M smr without any worries. The only thing you would have to worry about is how often you use 3M smr, and you can use it quite a bit. You have nothing to worry about, enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

BFWD and Humidity

I know this stuff is almost bomb proof. Has anyone used BFWD when it was too humid for it to perform? I am considering using it with todays temperature and humidity levels. I would be applying the 2nd coat. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    I know this stuff is almost bomb proof. Has anyone used BFWD when it was too humid for it to perform? I am considering using it with todays temperature and humidity levels. I would be applying the 2nd coat. Thank you.
    Just give the first coat 8-12 hours to cure and apply the second coat super thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Humidity shouldn`t affect application, but will likely affect dry/cure time. I have found it to be slightly more difficult to buff off in high humidity. Make sure to let it dry completely and turn/change towel frequently as you buff off. As legacy said, allow enough time for cure before the second coat and apply light and gently to not affect first coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    it was mid 90`s here the other day with humidity in the 90`s as well and I had to do a couple of extra wipe down`s on BFWD because it was almost sweating like I`ve seen caranuba`s do in the past.

In all fairness I`ve been using this stuff for over a year now and this was my first problem with it. It was rediculously hot and humid in the space I was working in as well which I attribute to the problem.

Even then, a quick wipe down using a very sparing amount of QD fixed the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I did apply the 2nd coat lightly after letting the 1st coat cure over 12 hours. Was hot and humid when I applied it and no problems at all.

Thread Information