Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to replace my wash mit and according to the classic motoring accessories web site, the preferred wash mits are:

1) microfiber wash mit

2) sheep skin wash mit

3) chenille wash mit

do you folks agree with this? what is the generally preferred mit around here. up unitl now, I`ve been using the fluffiest synthetic mits I can find (and they`re usully close to the cheapest). when they knapp up, I just toss `em and replace them.

I`ve been using flannel polishing towels but I don`t like the way the work with the quick detailers and they seem to get gumed up with wax too quicky when used as a polishng cloth. what are the recommendations around here? microfiber? terry?

Post Thanks / Like
    and I am happy with them, but I would like to find a plush microfiber wash mitt. I saw one at www.sparkleauto.com that looked interesting. I may give it a try.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer cotton chenile for washing. Keep several around. Use one exclusively for the top sections of the car and one for the bottom. (the idea here is never to use the bottom mit on the top panels. The bottom mit is the one most likely to pick up dirt from dirtier lower panels and you don`t want to scratch the higher profile, easier to see upper panels.)

I prefer Microfiber for for polish removal. High quality soft cotton towels are ok for polish removal but be sure they are really soft. The older and the more the towels are washed and dryed the better and softer they get.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Viking 100% cotton wash mitt - Luckily I`ve got a couple of the 100% cotton before they changed them to a blend of cotton/poly

Polish Removal - Fieldcrest 100% cotton USA Royal Velvet or Charisma

These are my personal choices, some prefer microfiber, but my experiences with MF have not been great thus far, so I`m sticking to 100% cotton.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it the viking is chenille? is there a product web site or an on-line store that carries this brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Viking`s 100% cotton chenille mitts are being discontinued. They`re replaced by a cotton/poly blend mitt. Some time ago DETAILKING organized a group buy for them. You may want to PM him to see if he has any left to sell you.

You can check your local auto parts stores for the cotton mitts. Or go online to some of the detailing retailers like CMA and buy from them.

One other source is NAPA auto parts. I have a couple of their 100% cotton chenille mitts and while some here don`t like them, they are OK by me. Certainly worth a try.

our local Checkers Auto Parts store in our area last week. They still had 5-7 mitts in stock. I think I paid $4-$5 for it.

Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally use the MF wash mitt from CMA and i absolutely LOVE IT.. very soft, easy to use, and gets rid of all the dirt..:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    what about the 100% cotton chenille mits from Detailer`s Choice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several Viking 100% cotton chenille mitts that I bought from the nearby AutoZone. It has a <em class=`bbc`>very[/i] plush nap and is very soft. High-quality sheepskin ones are also excellent, but I reserve them for cars that mostly don’t get dirty at all.

Better for “garage-queens†IMO.

[edit] As with the Detailer`s Choice chenile mitts, I have their wash pads and they suck. It has a very thin layer of cotton, and the stitching is exposed. The backing seems very abrasive too... :down [/edit]

Post Thanks / Like
    Cotton chenille mitts are my choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed a week later when I go back to use the mitt again it is really stiff around the borders in the inside but softens once it is put in water, is this something I should worry about? Other than that I think the sheepskin mitt is one of the most gentlest mitts I have ever used not to mention seems very durable.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, it sounds like chenille is the way to go followed by the sheepskin.

since the viking is apparently discontinued, what is the next best chenille mit and where can I find it? :nixweiss are the chenille mits from classic motoring accessories any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    The chenille mitts and pads from CMA had a `cottonseed` problem recently. Not sure what the current status is on that. Might want to give them a ring and see if their supplier has since rectified the problem.

I personally use an MF mitt. They are, IMO, much softer than any chenille mitt I`ve used and will last very long. I`ve been using a separate MF mitt on my rims about 3-4 times a week for about 6 months now and it`s still very soft with no signs of any wear, The genuine sheepskin mitts are even softer, but I`ve read that they do not last very long....but it seems C240 doesn`t have that problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>The chenille mitts and pads from CMA had a `cottonseed` problem recently. Not sure what the current status is on that. Might want to give them a ring and see if their supplier has since rectified the problem. [/b]</blockquote>
    the seed problem has since been resolved:
    http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/chenwasmit.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information