Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Everyone,

I have been searching all over for the PC7424 at a decent price in canada, and I really wanted to avoid ordering online from the U.S (Shipping/brokerage fee$$).

I have contemplated purchasing the PC from Canadian Tire, but I thought that it was too pricey $225(last year). I was at RONA hardware in town today and I decided to see if they have it and They did!!!!! It was priced at $138 CDN!!!!!! and we can get the necessary backing plates under the Meguiars branding at the Cmax stores.

So this week I will go and buy my own PC, the only thing I would have to look into now is the Counterwieght, I think you should be able to order it from the Retailer right???

I hope this helps fellow canadians, finally it is priced the same as the American`s...well cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these Rona hardware stores only in the Toronto Area?

Best price I found so far is at the Home depot for $195.00cdn

Why do you need to purchase the counterweights separately?
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    REALLY? That seems way too low! That`s equivilant to $87US or so!

I`m having relatives pick me one up from Lowes in the US for $109US for the 7336 model with the counterweight. I think I`ll stick with that plan, but for anyone in Canada looking for a PC I`d definitely check this out!

Thanks SICRYDE - us Canadians can always use some good information on where we can pick this type of stuff up locally!

EDIT: Let us know when you do pickup the 7424 - I want to make sure this isn`t too good to be true!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I think I got the models mixed up about the counter weights, but I am sure someone will correct me. Rona hardware operates around canada. Try thier website, as they operate as Cashway also.

their address is www.rona.ca

The store I found it in was brampton.

MP5- I actually saw it with my own (four eyes) I would of bought it yesterday, but I am re-doing hardwood in my home so I would do the detailing purchases later this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - thats pretty good. I`d jump on that before they raise the price!

Post Thanks / Like
    True,

I just checked the price online and they have it for $187 so I am probably going to pick it up today when i pick up the wood filler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally I bought a PC7424 well I bought 2!!!

The reason the store is selling them cheap as they are being replaced by the 7336 so they are clearing their stock. I bought one in a box for $138.11 and I bought the display which was immaculate for $105cdn. The box one is for my best friend and I will take the display.

My advice is to call the rona`s as some of thier store might have them, regularly they are $180.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - those are good prices.... what are you going to do with the second one??

Post Thanks / Like
    which location did you purchase them? Does the Rona Home and Garden stores carry them? I went to the Rona/Lansing and they don`t carry any types of appliances.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember last year when car cleaning season started up north here, Canadian Tire had the pc on sale for about $129.00 (friend of my drove himself nuts deciding whether to by one or not - I already had one that I got when they first came out and I told him how well they worked - now that was the first year CT carried them so it may have been a promotion thing at the time too. BUT bottom line keep your eye on the weekly flyers they just may have them on sale again this year - hopefully soon now that spring and car cleaning season has arrived. MTS

Post Thanks / Like
    bboy - I asked the guy I bought mine from and he told me that there is a possibility that they would have them at other locations. My advice is to goto a Rona store (they operate in different names..check rona.ca) and go by thier locations I called them to see if they sell them and they said that they don`t carry them although they are on display.

MP5 - My best friend wants it for his MP5. If he doesn`t want it as he is always welcome to use mine. he is comming by my house this weekend so I will keep you in mind if he doesn`t want it.

MTS - You are luck for getting it at 129.00 as they have it in b-ton for $229.

I bought all the Meguiars pads today for $100 so I am ready to detail.

Mts - do you have the COunter wieght for you PC?

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I called around and so far all the Rona stores don`t it have in their computers. They have it in their Porter Cable binder but can`t find it in their store, they did give me a rough estimate of being @$200. They were asking me for the SKU number (I thought it was the other way around :nixweiss. Also being the long weekend, they couldn`t call Porter Cable to see if they could order one in. I even called the one in brampton.

Sicryde - I was wondering if its possible to give me the SKU on your box or receit. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my PC 7336sp for my B`day. The kit includes 1 white foam polishing pad, backing plate, variety of sanding disks, wrench, handle, and operating manual. Price from a Canadian retailer (Home depot) $190.00 cdn. It was $15.00 cheaper than the 7424 model, more goodies less $, go figure. Special order,(didn`t have one in stock) less than one week delivery. Need more pads and maybe a velcro backing plate. First mission, my 1996 plymouth minivan.
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Which location is this Home Depot located at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any Home depot in your area should be able to order one for you.

Ask them to give you a price. When he was checking the price for me, he took the list price and multiplied by 77% thus giving a 23% discount.
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information