Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to decide whether or not to try it. Seems like a good product. Spoke to Mr Zaino today and he seemed like a nice enough guy. I asked how his Z-5 product and how it got rid of swirl marks and scratches. He told me that it just fills them in. Seems like kind of a weird way of doing it. Why wouldn`t you try to get rid of them permanently? Anyway....let me know what you guys think of his stuff before I plunk down my money. BTW...he still doesn`t accept credit cards. You have to mail him an order form and a check. What`s up with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option would be to ask him to send you his list of distributors in your area. Most of them take CC orders over the phone or even take Paypal orders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Extremely durable protection

Shine and depth increases with each additional coat

Shine improves with curing and subsequent washings with Z7 and Qd`ing with Z6

Zaino is layerable... Layering can become very addictive

Z5 will remove marring... Swirl marks should be minimized during surface prep prior to starting Zaino system.

No need to top with carnuaba

Finish appears as though liquid glass has been applied to paint

Extremely easy to apply and remove ( if done properly - thin coats)

No white residue or trim staining with Z

Can now apply multiple coats ( 3/day )with the ZFX additive

Sal is always available for questions

Zaino is continually being improved

You can order Z from Eckler`s with CC and over the web but Sal does ship product as soon as your check arrives.

Zaino is not a cure-all but is the best product I have ever used ( over 30 years of detailing ). Z is very cost effective... I bought my initial setup in Oct 01 and still have over 1/2 of Z2 and Z5. Just finishing my 1st bottle of Z6. Close to 20 thin coats applied so far.

I am sure there are many more pro`s and con`s. Would I initiate the use of Zaino if I could do things over.

DEFINITELY YES!!! :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with Zaino has been all smiles. Yes, Sal is a great guy to talk to and do business with. He`s loaded with good information and will not try to lead anyone astray talking BS or making BS claims. He`s truly first class!

Honestly, I think those people that have come from using carnauba products for years are the ones who appreciate the benefits of Zaino the MOST. I fall in that category myself. I`ve used carnauba for years, mainly Meguiar`s and others, and I know the ins and outs of carnauba use. So after going to Zaino, the benefits become readily apparent to me and I feel I can truly appreciate why Zaino was created in the first place.

Like what has been previously stated, Zaino has given me the best protection/durability I`ve found, the best shine I`ve ever experienced, the best ease of use, and the ability to layer. The ease of use of Zaino is heads and shoulders above all the steps in the Meguiar`s process. For years, I worked my arms off using Meguiar`s for what I thought was good results. So, this is why I really appreciate Zaino, because I`ve been there and done that with other products, and those days are over.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Z5 will remove marring... Swirl marks should be minimized during surface prep prior to starting Zaino system

Post Thanks / Like
    3- 8 coats of Z5/FXed didn`t fill my swirls

Are you saying the Z5 fixed your swirls?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z5 will fill in very minor surface scratches ( marring ) after several coats. If these scratches are not covered by Z5 (x5-7 coats) they need to be repaired using a abrasive.

Prior to any surface ehancement and protectant application the paint should be brought back to as perfect condition as possible ( remove oxidation, deep stratch removal, clay to remove embedded material, etc.). The final results will reflect this prep work. If anything Zaino will enhance these flaws if not dealt with prior to application.

Zaino Rules: Prep is important ( this is true for any wax/sealant)

Apply very thin coats

100% USA cotton towels and applicators ( some use foam applicators with great success )

Allow to dry completely before removal

Sit back and enjoy the shine

I did not have any swirl marks prior to application. I removed all swirls and minimized marring prior to applying Z5. Now spiderwebbing is a completely different animal which I accept as a visible flaw in all paint finishes but extremely noticeable on black finishes. No Z5 will not completely cover spiderwebbing.

Post Thanks / Like
    just go ahead and use an abrasive first (Like 3M perfect it) and get the scratche and swirls off before the Zaino? just trying to make sure I get this right. I have several scratches (you can feel them with your fingernail, but they`re not too deep) and swirl marks all over the entire car. the swirl marks are from my ignorance to proper washing and drying. using a polish like the 3m once or twice won`t hurt the finish, will it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would eliminate as many of the swirl marks and scratches that your clearcoat and talent can handle. If the swirl marks and scratches are deep and very numerous or your clearcoat is thin (worn) it might be better to defer and let a good professional detailer view your paint. If your clearcoat is in good shape give it a shot on a small area. Go slow, use the least abrasive polish and apply only the minimal pressure ( hand or PC )needed to remove imperfection. Do one section and review your work.

Patience is necessary. Detailing is a hobby. A task to enjoy. Do not make it a 2nd job.Remember after this paint prep Zaino is a quite easy to use and results should be excellent and the accomplishment quite rewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried Klasse, Blackfire and Zaino. All decent products. So far, I have had very good results with Zaino. Very easy to apply. Z5 did a nice job of hiding whatever was left after a thorough prep. That is the key to any of the sealants. Prep, prep, prep. I put 5 layers on and there is virtually no swirls or spiderwebbing. ZFX makes the whold process faster and easier removal. I have also experienced the latent effect. That is the way the car seems to look better after a Z7 wash or two. I thought that was a lot of "hooey" but it is indeed the way it goes....

I have also tried many tire dressings and have chosen Z16 as my personal favorite. I think it is one of the longest lasting that is around. I also use it on black trim and don`t get the smearing onto the paint that many of the other vinyl and rubber products have.

Glass polish is great, but best applied with a PC.

Overall I have nothing negative to say about the Zaino products other than some of the things like Z7 should be available in larger sizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    What Bigboyhf said times two for me!

Add that I like the leather in a bottle as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    you could say I love love the stuff best I have tried so far

DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s all good baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bigboyhf [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I have also tried many tire dressings and have chosen Z16 as my personal favorite. I think it is one of the longest lasting that is around. I also use it on black trim and don`t get the smearing onto the paint that many of the other vinyl and rubber products have. [/b]</blockquote>
    meguiar`s endurance tire gel is pretty darned good IMHO. how is the Z16 better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z16 is not as glossy. I prefer a matte look. Some people like the gloss of Meguiars which is also a good product.

H

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information