Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    There seems to be a couple different schools of thought on this. Some say that polishes are harsh on the clear coat and that you should just use a product that fills them in (like Zaino).

You are better off trying to get them out then filling them in. Some say Zaino works great at filling swirls , some say it doesn`t work so well. Personally I have never used zaino (except Z10) but I don`t think the whole idea of swirl filling works as well as sal would like to believe. Im not sure how the whole idea works (Im no chemist, don`t flame me) but I think the molecules of the polymer have to be small enough to fall into the swirl and waxes just sit on top of them and do nothing to hide swirls. I am probably wrong, and I`m sure DK will be right there to bite my tongue

Post Thanks / Like
    Al, any product fills in swirls to a certain extent. It`s just a matter of how long those swirls are going to be filled. With a polymer like SG or Z-5, they are easily layered and the polymer `molecules` as you call them that are filling in the swirls build upon each other as you add each layer to get semi-long term swirl-filling.

Post Thanks / Like
    My comment comes as a question. Just how long can we remove swirls before we get ourselves in trouble? At some point, the PC`s pad is going to show color and at that point your only proper option is an expensive respray

:scared

Put me in the Z-5 (or other filler) camp :up
    Bill Belichick for President - Romeo Crennel for Secretary of Defense!

1999 Mercedes Benz ML-320 (Mercedes price, Chrysler quality!)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (STi on order)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a good point,

Hopefully after the swirls are removed, the recreation of them is kept to a mininum. That way no one will run into having that problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since clear coats are very thin and sensitive to abrasives, I think it`s better to start from the least abrasive product needed to remove the swirls then work up if things aren`t improving. So, my theory is that I`d rather use 3 to 5 coats of Z5, which is completely nonabrasive, than use an abrasive to remove a portion of the clear coat in order to remove the swirls. Obviously, some scratches or swirls are gonna be deeper than Z5 can tackle, so an abrasive is required to remove enough clear coat down to the layer of the swirl.

It`s no secret, Z5 is a filler product rather than an abrasive remover. After several coats, most swirls will be filled in. And, I`ve found that the filling action lasts just as long as if an abrasive such as SMR was used. So, why not keep filling, instead of removing clear? I`ll keep my bottle of Z5 thanks!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

megs ultimate liquid wax

just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the look it gives. I am going to try to have a full writeup/review on it by this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-paste-wax.htm

After I was done buffing the sealant off my whole SUV smelled like candy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...-paste-wax.htm

After I was done buffing the sealant off my whole SUV smelled like candy.
    Yummy!:biggrin:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it smells like peach cobbler.
    2011 Ford Mustang GT California Special
    2007 Ford Explorer XLT Fire Red

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used the liquid but there are some definite downsides to the paste.
    1) It spreads like Fuzion but it isn`t as easy to spread as Fuzion is. It feels really oily like Fuzion but I feel like I have to work a lot harder to spread the sealant. Fuzion you just keep wiping and it keeps spreading like butter but MUPW...you have to rub this stuff into the paint to get it to spread. And that`s using a foam applicator. God help you if you try to use a microfiber applicator. Trust me just don`t even go there.
    2) No matter how hard I try or how much I spread this stuff it always seems to go on a lot thicker than I intended.
    3) This stuff goes on pretty clear but when it stuff dries it dries hard and thick and white like an old carnauba wax - Think Mother`s California Gold (Remember that stuff?) God help you if you get this stuff in any cracks or crevices because it will be a pain to get it out of those areas.
    4) Once it this stuff dries it is harder to wipe off than any other modern synthetic product I have ever tried. I don`t remember even old products like Liquid Glass being this difficult to wipe off. I even let it sit on the paint for nearly an hour once and it still had to be rubbed off rather than wiped off like Blackfire. I`m not saying was back-breaking arm-twisting hard to remove just way harder than it should have been. No matter how long I let this stuff sit on the paint it`s still kind of wet and clay-like feeling when I try to wipe it off. It feels like it doesn`t want to let go of the paint!

It`s a shame Meguiar`s didn`t make this stuff easier to apply & remove because this really could have been a great product. It leaves a really nice look (A very nice carnauba-like glow and a very strange and beautiful shimmer. It`s not just the mica flecks in my paint it`s more of a wet multi-faceted jewel look.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
    2) No matter how hard I try or how much I spread this stuff it always seems to go on a lot thicker than I intended.

by hand or machine?

You guys have me curious now, I want to buy some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink View Post
    by hand or machine?

You guys have me curious now, I want to buy some.
    By hand. I don`t have a polisher yet
    If you don`t mind having to work a bit harder to remove it it`s definitely worth trying. It smells great and it leaves a very nice look. The paint also seems to get slicker a few hours after you buff it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Director Hey where is the review of this wax?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information