Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have plenty of minor scratches (instead of swirls) on my dark blue paint. Just ordered a complete setup of Zaino. I want to apply multiple layers of Z5. Is it better to apply Z-2 in between each layer of Z5 or apply the Z2 after applying all layers of the Z5?
    2002 Topaz Blue BMW M3

Post Thanks / Like
    I think most people, using ZFX, apply 3 coats, 2 Z5 and the last with z2

Post Thanks / Like
    The best method is to minimize the marring with a mild abrasive prior to Zainoing.

After surface prep most continue to apply Z5 until they are satisfied with its filling of the remaining marring. After 5-7 coats if the marring is not improved they are probably to deep for Z5 and should be retreated more aggressively. But if coverage is good after several coats move onto Z2 and alternate per your needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    until I`m satisfied then start applying the Z-2? With nothing in between the Z-5 coats?
    2002 Topaz Blue BMW M3

Post Thanks / Like
    Z-5 (using Z-6 between each coat) until you`re happy with it. Then Z-2. If you use ZFX, you`ll be able to apply 3 coats in a short period of time.
    2003 Honda Pilot EX-L

1989 Honda Accord LXi

Shine by Poorboy`s

Post Thanks / Like

Spray wax comparison

I am a big fan of spray wax. I keep my cars in excellent shape and usually apply a coat of spray wax after each wash. I have been using Optimum spray wax and have no real complaint with it but a few weeks ago I got a sample of Pinnacle Souveran spray wax and like it as well. Aside from it costing quite a bit more, does anyone have an opinion on which is best? From what I have heard, the Optimum should be more durable and the Pinnacle more shine? So far I can`t see much of any difference in the shine but the Pinnacle seems to wipe on and off better OR it may be just my imagination ? IF...there was a big difference in performance I would go with that one but if not I`ll stay with the Optimum ...it`s cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    I am a big fan of spray wax. I keep my cars in excellent shape and usually apply a coat of spray wax after each wash. I have been using Optimum spray wax and have no real complaint with it but a few weeks ago I got a sample of Pinnacle Souveran spray wax and like it as well. Aside from it costing quite a bit more, does anyone have an opinion on which is best? From what I have heard, the Optimum should be more durable and the Pinnacle more shine? So far I can`t see much of any difference in the shine but the Pinnacle seems to wipe on and off better OR it may be just my imagination ? IF...there was a big difference in performance I would go with that one but if not I`ll stay with the Optimum ...it`s cheaper.
    I really cannot compare between the two because the only Pinnacle `spray wax` I have used was Crystal Mist and that was a long time ago. I`m not sure if the formula is the same (assuming this is the one you used) and I don`t remember too much about it`s performance other than I really liked the smell.

Regarding Optimum Spray Wax I can suggest that instead of spraying it on the paint you spray it directly to the towel. Then wipe the panel gently with the damp side until you feel it get slick. Flip the towel over and give it a light buff to remove any streaks. I found using OSW this way is much easier for me.

As far as a comparison between the various spray waxes that properautocare.com sells (that I have used)

Optimum Car Wax- Long lasting, but can be slightly finicky if used in the traditional mist and wipe style. It seems to give a nice, bright glow, although it is deeper then most other spray waxes (which are usually polymer sealants).

Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray- IMO the longest lasting spray wax (sealant) that I have used and also the most reflective. However the application usually requires more time because it needs extra buffing to get completely streak free. Very slick.

Meguiar`s Ultimate Quik Wax- The easiest to use and very reflective. (Perhaps as reflective as Blackfire as the difference is splitting hairs). It doesn`t last as long as the other two but makes up for it in ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really starting to like the Optimum spray wax. I am currently applying it weekly on top of my three applications of Powerlock. It brings back the just sealed look of the fresh Powelock application. My car is still very slick. Love it. I plan on buying it by the gallon now. :biggrin:

I started using Todd`s method of spraying on the towel and then wiping the panel. Very easy application.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information Todd!:hurray:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    My fav spray wax (sealant) is still hands down Zaino Z8. The reflectivity and slickness are amazing IMO. It is pricey but it def lasts a while and again, the shine is nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray. I prefer using it as a drying lubricant after a wash. Then I follow up with a final wipe with a buffing cloth to remove any residue, which due to the consistency of the product, is always there.

It`s a shine booster for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the Optimum but I really like the shine of the Pinnacle Souveran. I found that a little goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by never gone View Post
    My fav spray wax (sealant) is still hands down Zaino Z8. The reflectivity and slickness are amazing IMO. It is pricey but it def lasts a while and again, the shine is nuts.
    Great smell (I almost drank the stuff) as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Great smell (I almost drank the stuff) as well!
    Haha, this is so true.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I just became interested in spray waxes in the past couple years and just bought Optimum Spray wax to try. I am so glad that I came upon this thread. I would have never thought of spraying the towel first and then wiping the panel. it is possible that I would have giving this product a bad rap just because of this one factor. maybe this will apply to others as well. It is so new to me I haven`t even smelled it yet!

For those wondering about Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax. It is a great product that I will enjoy using for along time to come. It may be more costly but I don`t think of that when I have the bottle in one hand and a towel in the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information