Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info Todd, thanks.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with both my DD and my Vette with spray products.

1.) Meguiars Ultimate Detailer : very slick and shiny, no streaks, low durability.

2.) Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax : somewhat slick and shiny, somewhat prone to streaks, moderate durability.

3.) Optimum Instant Detailer : Very slick, moderate shine, somewhat prone to streaks, moderate durability.

3.) Optimimum Wax : Moderate slick and shiny, very durable, very prone to streaks.

4.) Blackfire Spray Sealant : Very slick and shiny, very durable, never seen a streak.

By durability I mean Low : need to apply very often, doubt it would be there in a week, moderate means it would likely last between washes if you washed every couple weeks, very durable means slickness and shine would definitely last between washes, likely a month or longer.

My point of view is that the blackfire spray sealant is the way to go, especially if you use the wet diamond sealant.

I started this combo on my DD last summer, and have not reapplied the wet diamond except on the hood since it took a lot of dried salt over the winter. The car is super shiny and slick washing it only once a month.

Conversely Ive tried the meguiars products on my Vette for a few months, and then Optimum products for a few months. Definitely the optimum products were more finicky, especially in higher humidity. If its 90 plus outside and humid, you might as well forget about applying the spray wax or even the detailer after a wash. But if used in good conditions, it definately kept the shine longer than meguiars products, although those did a really, really good job for off the shelf stuff. In fact since they apply easier, I would prefer them over the Optimum for consistency during the summer. Still at high temps and humidity I would skip the quick wax after a wash and just tough it out with the detailer unless you felt like buffing for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I forgot, I tried eagle one products on my DD before I switched to blackfire and they made the finish look very cloudy and seemed to lower the shine if anything. Stay far, far away...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information