Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The finish looks very impressive. Reminds me of some of Tim`s pics of his black truck. Keep up the great work! Laters

Thanks William, Clean dean, Chris and don. It is you guys that keep me motivated in keeping my car looking sharp. Thanks again. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great..I know all about black mls, klasse, swirls..ahhhhh makes me feel like I need to go wax!

yea BJ I wanna see some pics of yours and JohnN`s ML, why am I the only one representing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

And There You Have It!

wow! looking good man, what kind of products do you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    The first pic is present state.

That is aio, sg, sg, sg, Pinnacle souveran

Pic 2

Gold Class A long long time ago

Pic 3

Zymol, prior to klasse

Pic 4 and 5

Present state with klasse

Tires Vinylex

303 Interior

I will take some new pics soon, I have different wheels on it now!

Post Thanks / Like

Alcohol rub down OR not?

I am kind of new to this, after not doing any of this, for a while, other than waxing the car and ran across the subject of rubbing down your paint with a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water after polishing to remove all the polish oils before applying a glaze or sealant. I am planning on detailing the wife`s car, wash to strip everything, clay, polish, glaze and then sealant. I want to polish with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish ( which claims to have a sealant in it ) and then apply Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze before applying Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. After I polish do I need to or should I wipe the paint down with Alcohol before applying the glaze?
    Appreciate any advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully the OP doesn`t mind, but I`d like to ask a question along the same lines. As alcohol comes in various dilutions, what is recommend? 70%, 90% Iso, with how much water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple things. When I do the 50/50 wipe down, it`s just while I`m polishing to make sure I`ve actually corrected the paint and not just masked some of the fine swirls with the oils that are in some polishes. Once done polishing I wash the car and I wouldn`t recommend putting the glaze down first because when you use a sealant, most will agree you want it going on fresh clean paint for better bonding and longevity. Once you`ve sealed the car feel free to lay down a glaze or wax at that point but definitely sealant before glaze. Just in case it wasn`t clear, I do a alcohol water mix of 50/50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alcohol rub down sounds like a back rub which sounds wonderful! Saying alcohol (IPA) wipedown is detailing talk! Interesting thread as I was wondering the exact same thing.
    never gone, thanks for your input but interestingly I heard you use the glaze before sealant. Other people have done that process with much success. So now I don`t question the IPA wipedown, I question if glaze goes before sealant or sealant before glaze. I too plan to use BF Enhancing polish, EZ creme glaze and then BFWD.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you use an Acrylic based glaze (like EZCreme Glaze), you will have no problem with the sealant bonding to the glaze. If you put a glaze over the sealant, it will only last until it rains next.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up for those that are wanting to use Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish followed by EZ-creme glaze: they are VERY similar products, glazes with cleaners in them. They are both non-abrasive so won`t offer any real correction. I don`t see any benefit in using both products, the cleaners in one will most likely remove the "glaze" of the other.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information