Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m reading the application guide on the Zaino website and noticed it says:

"Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions"

Is this correcT? I thought it all waxes and polishes were supposed to be applied AND buffed out in back and forth motions (front to rear)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a slight misunderstanding - the ZFX/Z5/Z2 mix directions indicate to apply first in a circular motion, then finish with back and forth motions.

I believe it has something to do with activating the ZFX - Z1 needed to be applied in a circular motion, and while I don`t know anything about the Zaino formula, I suspect a slight amount of heat might be necessary for the ZFX (or Z1) to activate? Thus the circular motions first...this is _strictly_ my own theory about the circular motion.

If you`re using a high quality applicator, and the surface is clean & free of grit/contaminants, some circular application should be ok.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you read the tips and tricks section on their site, it also suggests a front to back (read bumper to windshield) motion on all horizontal surfaces, and a top to bottom motion on all vertical surfaces. That method is supposed to enhance the way the car reflects light resulting in better shine.

Either method will work I suppose, but I used this method with excellent results. As long as your applicator is not scratching the surface, and you get a nice smooth even coat, I think you will be just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino site says to rub using circular hand motions then go over same area using straight back and forth motion on top panels, and an up & down motion on side panels. I believe the purpose of using circular motion first then going over again at different direction is to maximize the coverage. I don`t think "heat" is required to activate Zaino as that`s what ZFX is for. (heat is required for Zymol )

Personally I do not follow this instruction and just do up & down / straight back & forth.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is too insure maximum and complete coverage. Go circular and finish up back and forth......

Post Thanks / Like
    As I understood Sal from an earlier phone call (months ago), the Z6 is heat activated, and the buffing action from the towel activates the Z6. Just thought the ZFX might require something similar.

Thanks for the info gentlemen!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always applied Zaino either back/forth or up/down motions, no circular. You get the same coverage doing that as you will circular and it minimizes the possibility for swirls. Plus, I think it looks better too....

Hmmm, Z6 heat activated? I never rub Z6 in hard enough to generate any heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Always back and forth with abrasives. Circular for maximum coverage with final non-abrasive waxes and sealants. Remember, use light application pressure for final coats.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    What they William, DK and Brad said!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used crystal rock wax from SwissVax?

Its another super, super expensive wax, but I actually like its performance. It looks easy to apply and is more durable than that garbage `2 grand` lsp. This stuff is about $1,100 :money: Im just curious to see what you guys think of it and all that. i have had a few clients, inquire about it to see if I used it. I told them if you buy it I will use it. All have declined :wink:
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Mike. It`s too rich for my blood!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    i own swissvax (best of show) concorso. and its great and love it . but thats about as high i can go on wax. i doubt crystal rock is going to look any better. id love to have it because i love waxes but . its just to much money.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are calling Vintage - garbage LSP, then to each their own...I have a sample of Vintage and I quite like it. Very durable, and gives an amazing depth that other waxes are just not able to duplicate...Zymol Destiny on another hand is far from Vintage in terms of depth and durability...
    SV Insignis is quite nice too...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to be able to try some of Swissvax` waxes, it`s just pretty steep.

Kinda funny, the most expensive "paste wax" I have is Meguiars NXT, works for now I guess.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    If you are calling Vintage - garbage LSP, then to each their own...I have a sample of Vintage and I quite like it. Very durable, and gives an amazing depth that other waxes are just not able to duplicate...Zymol Destiny on another hand is far from Vintage in terms of depth and durability...
    SV Insignis is quite nice too...
    Ive used vintage a few times and even did a side by side comparison with bfwd on a black Ferrari and the bfwd gave a more wet and deeper shine. I do have to admit vintage seems to last a long time when applied correctly. But for spending 2 grand on a wax seems ridiculous to me when the 60 bfwd seems to do a better job in most area`s.
    Michael Glissman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information