Post Thanks / Like
    I received my Pinnacle Souveran kit from CMA so I decided to detail today and here are my impressions:

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo: I think I used way too much, probably about 2 ozs. Filled up the bucket with water to the top and got lots of suds. Smells great. Can`t really say it`s any better than P21S wash. P21S actully felt like it lubricates a bit more. Like it about the same.

Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber protectant: Used it on the dash and door moldings. Smells good; can`t say it`s any better than 303 or Vinylex.

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner: Very similar to whatever product they used to prep my car for delivery. Again, great smell, not too shiny, no residue, good cleaning properties. I like it way better than Lexol or Connaly Hide Food. My new favorite leather conditioner!

Pinnacle Souveran: Smells great, very easy to apply and remove, great shine and depth, very slick. My new favorite wax!

1 st. Pinnacle Souveran

2 nd.P21S almost as easy to apply and almost too close to call in every other category

3rd. Blitz great wax!-will use it as a topper on my Zaino`d truck

4th. Zymol Carbon

5th. Meguiars #16

I also have Meguiars Gold Class liquid that I use on my wife`s X5 and I apply it with the PC.

My M5 is a semi-garage queen so longevity is not a concern.

Thanks to all on this board, I have learned alot.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you liked the Pinnacle products. I`ve always been interested in the Pinnacle leather conditioner. Thanks for your honest review. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Leather Conditioner is great! I`ve used it in two vehicles so far with black leather and I love the satin finish it leaves. The leather smell is great too and people always rave about my "new" leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill -

I have found that souveran works great over Gold Class - I think it will help the Gold Class last even longer and creates an awesome depth. Be careful with the souveran in one aspect though - the more you use it the more you start to see white residue problems. If you have a dark finish car it can start to color the "pits" white. I haven`t found a great solution to this yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

If you really want to wear out your arms try Klasse AIO, followed by three coats of SG, than go for the Souveran. I can tell you for sure it looks great on a Titanium M5! Heck it looks great on a White M3 too !

Post Thanks / Like
    James,

I haven`t tried that yet mainly because I want to use up the Zaino first. The truck has Zaino and I will probably top it with blitz next time. The M5 has just had Carnuba waxes since longevity is not so much an issue. Are you going to attend the M5 meet tommorrow?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - 3 (this makes 4) posts in a row - all by M5 owners? Cool! Glad to see you guys here. Just wanted to be sure, in case you DIDN`T find this board from bmwm5.com, that you know about that board too.....

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Wow - 3 (this makes 4) posts in a row - all by M5 owners? Cool! Glad to see you guys here. Just wanted to be sure, in case you DIDN`T find this board from bmwm5.com, that you know about that board too..... [/b]</blockquote>
    Greg, this makes 5.

My BEAST hasn`t been detailed in awhile (been sitting in the garage a lot lately). I think I`ll give it a full Pinnacle treatment this weekend.

Later,
    Kenneth
    `00 Silverstone M5

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I can`t make it to the M5 meet tonight, sorry but we will meet at one in the near future. Be sure to get a ride in Andy`s Cobra R, it makes the M5 seem like a pussycat !! I will make the Hill Country dirve in March/April.

Zaino will be a terrific choice on your car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I too have tried the P21S and the Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. I find that the Pinnacle is still my favorite car wash even though I have 9 different brands on the shelf.

I agree with your statement that you probably used too much for the first time. I did the first time I used the Pinnacle, also.

I find that 3/4 of and ounce to a full ounce is plenty to wash my medium size truck with a full cap.That`s all I need.

Keep you eye on the various websites, especially our host site Classic Motoring Accessories, (CMA). Every now and then CMA puts the Bodywork Shampoo on sale for $10.00 a bottle. That`s when I pick up 2 bottles to last me a year or more.

I agree the Pinnacle line is excellent, and the service at CMA is one of the best on the web.

Oh yeah, don`t forget the discounts that Terry and Jan give Dave B. and all of us through most of the year. No wonder my UPS man smiles when he passes my house. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Tips for Applying Collinite Paste Sapphire Auto Wax No. 73SS

I just bought some Collinite Paste Sapphire Auto Wax No. 73SS to use for winter protection on my cars. I`ll be using Flex and PC DA machines and LC pads for application. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that I can use to make the job easier? Also, how many coats would you use and would you use any other sealant with the wax?

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only use it a few times over the years, but I found that putting it by hand works for me. Here are some tips.

Always apply with a clean, damp, folded microfiber applicator or foam applicator pad.
    Rub as necessary (lightly) to loosen all dirt, tar and other junk on it and let dry to a haze.
    Buff off with a clean micro-fiber towel.

You should put your sealant before layering the 73SS on the surface.

For machine applications then go with a LC Red or Gold Pad.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information