Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I kept hearing a lot of my friends talk about this drying towel called the absorber and how great it was. The eagle one guy at the local car show a few weeks ago also recommened it.

Well, I was in pepboys the other day and saw one. Ohhh is that the absorber people are talking about. Guess I`ll try one so I grabbed the blue one.

Well I got it home and washed my truck. Right off I`ll tell you it sucks. You have to wring the hell out of it so it hardly feels wet and then you get to wipe like half the fender off and it starts to leave a trail of water beeds. I thought the water was like the light trail a chamois leave and wouldn`t leave any water marks. Boy was I wrong. I came out a little later and my whole truck has these little watermarks on it. grrrrrr

I thought it might be because my truck needs wax so I tried it on my freshly waxed highlander. (first wash since it was waxed) and it leaves the trail of water on it too.

They only way to use it so you don`t get water marks is to wring the heck out of it so it is pretty much dry to the touch. Then you can wipe a small section off. Like a 1 foot square before you have to do it again.

The Absorber sucks. Don`t even waste your time thinking about buying one. I`ll take cotton bath towels any day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same experience with the Absorber. I`m actually on my 2nd Absorber as the company sent me a replacement as I thought my 1st Absorber was defective. I got the same results -- water trails everywhere.

What surprises me is that a lot of people had great success with the Absorber. I read somewhere that it might be a humidity issue or some other weather related issue that is causing the Absorber to leave trails of water. Again, I don`t know if this is true, it`s just something I read somewhere on the Web.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Absorber for a few years now and am very pleased with it. Actually, I use the Cali Water Blade and follow up with the Absorber for nooks and crannies. I found it to be a great combo for safe and fast drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the Absorber doesn`t "absorb" 100% of the water. What I`ve always done is dry a section of the car with the Absorber, removing about 95% of the water, then follow that section with a terry towel. Perfect - - no streaks, no spots, just clean.

Almost every drying technique requires two steps and two tools. The Absorber is just one tool. If you prefer, follow the Absorber usage with a MF towel to finish drying the panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked with another F-150 owner that lives close to me. He said he had a red and blue absorber. He told me that it leaves trails of water but he doesn`t really pay attention since his truck is white.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an absorber that I quit using once I tried the P21S drying towel. The towel works great, no steaks, absorbs all the water, don`t have to wring it out too often. Highly recommend it!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the colored Absorber is not as good as the chamois colored one? I`ve had one for 15 years and it is a great product! BTW mine is a chamois colored one. They didn`t have colors back then! deserttoy:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`ve got a good three pronged system..

I use the Cali Water Blade, the Absorber, and Fieldcrest Cannon Charismas.

First - I use the CWB - keep in mind, this sucker can scratch - so I never use it on bottom panels, and I use caution.

Then - after the bulk of the water`s thrown off, I slam all the doors and trunk a few times.

Then - the Absorber gets run over the car - at this point, there`s almost no water left - just streaks, here and there.

Now - just a quick wipe over with the Charisma - and voila - completely dry and streak free! This process takes me 5 minutes on my ML320 mid-sized SUV - so I think it`s not very long and does the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    My only complaint about the absorber it how it clings to the car, I now use the one made by Water Sprite:up :up
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    The Wizards Water Bandit is the best synthetic drying towel one can buy.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    You might just be expecting it to do too much. I`ve had the same absorber for nearly 5 years without a problem. I use the California Water Blade first and then use the abosorber to pick up the remaining water. If you use it correctly then it is the greatest tool. It just takes some getting used to.

I don`t know why you have to wring it out. I take mine over to the sink and rinse it and then run it through the wringer and that is the only time it gets wrung out. I can dry an entire car without wringing it out. Get a California Water Blade and try using that before you soak up the rest with the absorber.

Another thing that might have something to do with your problems with the absorber could be if your car is waxed or not. I`ve found that when the water doesn`t bead or sheet off the car then I`m going to have problems drying it. Once I get a couple layers of whatever on then it gets waaay easier. Don`t give up on the absorber yet. That is a fine product that works really well once you get the hang of it. :xyxthumbs
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to blot not drag and you may get better success!

Happy Mardi Gras!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    what`s mardi gras?:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mardi GRAS????

It is called Carnival in Brazil and is a the day before Ash wednesday where people do all sorts of crazy things in New Orleans...A day of last partying before LENT....

Search it on the Net with New Orleans listed If you can think it someone already did it.

They have parades where people throw plastic beads from the Floats and thousands scramble to catch them. Woman will bare all for these beads in the French Quarter which is a section of New Orleans with all kinds of adult things to do!!!!

If you ever get the chance COme on over and see it live!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll put it on my wish-list.

Thanks

sorry for the off-toppic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information