Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone in the Seattle area (I live specifically in Bellevue, WA) want to offer some tender loving care to my car with their PC?

I want to get someone to remove the swirls out of my black paint using some 3M SMR (possibly FI-II as well). I can`t justify buying a PC just for this.. I just bought my car fairly recently and the black paint has tons of swirls from the previous owner. I just want to get the swirls out this once, and from the tips I`ve recieved via this forum (eg. 2 bucket wash method), I don`t plan on having to do it again.

The PC coudl come in handy for applying future detailing products, but from what I`ve read on this forum, the products I plan on using can all get great results by hand.

I would just take it to a detailer, but I don`t really trust the so-called "professionals" since ppl I know have never had good experiences. I would be willing to pay, offer any helping hand I could and, most importantly, provide the beer :up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alternatively, can someone recommend a reliable pro detailer to go to get my swirls out?

Post Thanks / Like
    The only detailer I trust with my car is myself, I am serious, I wouldn`t trust anyone with a foam pad near my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

The only detailer I trust with my car is myself, I am serious, I wouldn`t trust anyone with a foam pad near my car.</blockquote>

I would agree, but when you don`t have the proper equipment, then what is a person to do? That`s why I`m asking the members of this forum as most of the senior members seem to have the necc experience not to damage my finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    tmchow, if you don`t want to do it yourself, a pro detailer, as bad as it sounds, may be your only solution!

Or you can follow my logic... :p

If you are gonna pay a couple hundred bucks for the pro detailer, why not just get a PC, some FI-II or SMR, and do it yourself? That won`t cost too much more than a pro detailer to remove swirls (not to mention risk hurting your paint!), plus you get to keep the PC and left over SMR! And as you said, the PC will come in handy for many of your future car ventures. Get the PC! With the PC, pads, and some FI-II, it won`t cost any more than $180 if you find the right place to buy the PC. Honestly, a pro detailer, who will do a one-time job, won`t be too much cheaper.

(chanting) PC, PC, PC, PC!

:down:up
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like

BF Deep Gloss Spray Sealant

Can I apply BF Deep Gloss Spray Sealant almost immediately after applying BF Wet Diamond or is there a cure time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Can I apply BF Deep Gloss Spray Sealant almost immediately after applying BF Wet Diamond or is there a cure time?
    I would let it fully cure...10-12 hours, then apply spray

Post Thanks / Like
    You can, but there really is no need to. Usually what I like to do is apply BFWD and let it cure overnight, and the next day, wipe down with the Spray Sealant, and then apply the second coat of BFWD.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have the car for 1 day so is there any benefit to applying an hour later after BFWD?

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have the car for 1 day so is there any benefit to applying an hour later after BFWD?
    I won`t hurt.
    You might want to use it just before the customer comes to pick up the car. I might even do it while they are there, just so they can see you do that "extra" step.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a benefit? Probably, although it would be hard to measure, only because the Wet Diamond is so fresh. Deep Gloss can be used as a stand alone paint sealant (although it is not the original intention of the product).

Thread Information