Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Applicators

I am buying a new car very soon, (a new C-class or grand cherokee V8) and I would like another black car. Im going to request the dealer not detail the car and for the them to leave all the white plastic covering on the paint and interior. My question is can i wash the car (with the plastic covers on) then dry it, then peel off the plastic, and then apply SG to all the areas without AIO? I am doing this to know I have NO swirls and hope to keep it that way. Any other suggestions are welcome (ie. use a different product than klasse on a brand new surface etc.)

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to let the dealer remove the wrap covering on the paint, sometimes it can be very hard to remove if it has been on the paint for a little while. Check out AutoInt`s article on it http://www.autoint.com/rap_guard.htm You can still instruct them not to wash it, just remove the covering.

The paint covering would have to be removed first, and then wash the entire car to make sure any residue from the covering is removed. Then you could do the Klasse AIO and SG.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I would skip the AIO and go right for SG....a claying before hand can`t hurt either............

Where i work they dont use any new car prep, they just peel it off and wash the car. So what should I do, do I need to wash after peeling the stuff off? Or can I put SG right on it, Ive pulled the stuff off cars tons of times and saw no residue. And it came off easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would still wash it after the wrap has been removed, it better to be safe than sorry. Especially on a new car.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

So would you just wash then go with SG or do I NEEED AIO on there too. It seems to me why bother stripping off some of clear if the paint is brand new

Post Thanks / Like
    DetailKing already said you can just go straight to the SG. If it makes you feel better, I`ll say it too, go straight to the SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>So would you just wash then go with SG or do I NEEED AIO on there too. It seems to me why bother stripping off some of clear if the paint is brand new [/b]</blockquote>aio strips clear coat?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    The new ones are sweet. I would recommend some type of paint protection on the front area near the grill. I had a number of paint chips in that area on mine.

I LOVED that car !!!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the wife Clean??? I presume you love her more???

Nice wheels in the pic.

Any rubbing of the clear will remove microscopic amounts of it. AIo has solvents in it to clean the paint that do not remove detectable amounts of clear IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    However like a black car she`s also high maintenance.. he he he !! Would have been cheaper to keep the MB !!

Thanks

No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope C240 AIO does not stirp clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    It should NOT be AIO`d, and it should NOT need Clay - unless it was parked outdoors at a port for years gathering surface stuff like tree sap. Wash it, apply your favorite polymer sealant (SG) with a soft foam pad and smile.

I wish I had done this when I got my Porsche!

In a bigger sense, to quote Bob seger - "Wish I didn`t know now what I didn`t know then....."

Post Thanks / Like
    wash the car though, might be some contaminants on the paint even under the plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, remove the wrap yourself, wash, and, not to diagree with my brothers, but I would not automatically skip claying . . . I would recommend carefully inspecting the paint and claying if indicated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information