Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many types of gasoline that is marketed for todays automobiles. Each refinery adds its own additives while others don`t. Do you feel your vehicle performs better using a "name brand" than some unknown brand of gasoline?
    1968 Mustang, GT/CS, California Special, Original Owner

1972 Kona ski boat, 455 Olds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban (black)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Mobil Super exclusively in my 88 S10 Blazer since it was new. It has 150,000 miles on it and I`ve never had an injector or emissions part fail (except the O2 sensor). I won`t use anything else. I also have used Mobil 1 oil, that`s probably why my engine still looks like new inside when I take the oil cap off.
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE

Post Thanks / Like
    My truck likes any fuel with out water in it!!!!

I love the cheap stuff myself do to pricing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if they make my vehicle run better, but some brands just make my explorer <em class=`bbc`>feel[/i] better. Kind of hard to explain.

All I know is STAY AWAY FROM 711 gas, at least here in Utah.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have little choice in the matter . . . in Omaha, only Amoco carries high-octane pure dino juice (no ethanol) that the WRX likes. The nearest competitor is 91 octane 10% ethanol, so I stick with Amoco.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve just tried some testing with our 2001 Accord. For about a tank full, I used Chevron 87 octane and I got 30mpg on that tank. Previously, we would consistently get 28mpg on Costco 87 octane gas. I don`t know if the 2mpg increase was due to the gas brand because there have been many reports that the Accord`s mpg increases over time. I did this test when the car hit 7500 miles. I`ll have to monitor it again to find out if there really is a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the past several years, when making trips to either So. Cal or Arizona I would use Unocal 76 going in one direction, air conditioning on (druing the summer) and try to maintain a certain speed throughout the trip. When returning I would use a non-major brand and tried to duplicate the same driving scenario. In doing so, I noticed the engine to run some what warmer than using Unocal 76 and the mpg was lower. I also have noticed that using Standard`s Chevron gasoline with Techron does in fact keep the injectors clean. So needless to say, when driving around town I use Chevron and on the highway Unocal 76.
    1968 Mustang, GT/CS, California Special, Original Owner

1972 Kona ski boat, 455 Olds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban (black)

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was in College (10 - 12 years ago) I worked with a lady whose brother owned an Auto Repair Shop. He did a survey of all his customers that came in with problems that could be related to the gas. He found that the the most problems came from Texaco and Exxon. I know that there are a lot more factors to consider, but I will not buy gas from either of them unless I have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about other parts of the country but in California Shell gas sucks! I have bad experiences with it in the past so I have stayed away. Then last summer I was travelling with my fifth wheel trailer and Shell was the only convenient gas to get at the time but boy was I sorry when their premium octane gas pinged like a diesel engine. I`ve been told that Shell gas typically has more water in it than other brands although I have no way to substantiate that claim.

I try to stick with Chevron premium especially for the motorcycles and Porsche. btw the Techroline additive is available in little bottles in most Chevron stations and some autoparts houses and I`ve had mechanics tell me that it really does help to clean your injectors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am strictly Mobil. For some reason, their gas seems to last longer in my cars than others. Right behind them is Shell. I don`t do BP/Amoco or the cheapies because they burn too quick

Post Thanks / Like
    I must say I have never been able to tell a real difference in mileage with gas. Heck I get from 14-18 depending on how I drive. With a range of 450 usable miles I doubt I could ever drive the same to see if one gas was better than another.

Now if it sucks I can tell by engine noise like if there is water in it. but with the pig I have if I stomp it once or twice a week I get crappy mileage.

As for refineries most of them around here make gas for many different stations. SO I wonder if they clean the trucks out ot not??? That would make a bunch of difference I would guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Adding Polycharger to BF Spray Seal?

Hi,

I purchased a gallon of Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant a while ago. It is my go-to maintenance product for virtually any combo of paint protection my car is wearing.

Now, I have always been separately adding Polycharger H2O to the Spray Sealant at the prescribed rate of 1 dose per 4oz of product. Somewhat recently, I was visiting PAC`s page of BFWD Spray Sealant and noticed that the product is already "Boosted by Polycharger." Before this time, I could have sworn that adding the Polycharger seemed to double the durability...I have one bottle on my shelf that is just straight BFWD Spray Seal, and another bottle that has Polycharger added to it.

So am I just wasting my Polycharger stash since the BFWDSS is already boosted by Polycharger???

Thanks,
    Emile

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that by adding more of the Poly Charger would not add to the durability. I think if adding more would increase the durability, then the pre-determined amount that comes already added would be increased as well.
    Just my:2 cents:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

Can anybody confirm anything for sure, regarding my question?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a test is in order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information