Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lmbcfls View Post
    The shine/gloss just wasn`t as THERE as with the other LSP I had used at that time -- I used it once a few years ago, and was so disappointed that I never used it again (on my black beauty, or any others). As I recall, the finish was not as reflective nor as clear/hard as that which I realized with the other LSP I used then.

The LSP bar has certainly been raised since by other manufacturers (e.g., Megs, Menz). After seeing how many die-hard fans are here, I`ve wondered whether BFWD has since been re-formulated as well -- if so, I might give it another chance.
    lmbcfls, I am not sure what issue you may have had with Wet Diamond, the basic formula is the "same as it ever was". We did change it in late summer of 2008 when we added Polycharger directly to it. To my knowledge, this was before the latest version of Megs No. 21 (which came out a few months later) and at least eighteen months before Menzerna USA had a glimmer in their eye for a sealant. If you did not like the look of it then, you probably would not like it now. Although it gets great reviews everywhere. Maybe you had a bad bottle, bad applicator or something else. But remember, we have a money back guarantee if you are not happy. Maybe you should try it again.

jk

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    lmbcfls, I am not sure what issue you may have had with Wet Diamond, the basic formula is the "same as it ever was". We did change it in late summer of 2008 when we added Polycharger directly to it. To my knowledge, this was before the latest version of Megs No. 21 (which came out a few months later) and at least eighteen months before Menzerna USA had a glimmer in their eye for a sealant. If you did not like the look of it then, you probably would not like it now. Although it gets great reviews everywhere. Maybe you had a bad bottle, bad applicator or something else. But remember, we have a money back guarantee if you are not happy. Maybe you should try it again.

jk
    Jack for president. ancing Dot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z2 is tops for me.

BFWD second.

BFWD is impressive and amazingly easy to use, but can`t complete with Zaino when it comes to durability and longevity in my opinion.

Zaino on my own cars, and BFWD on everyone else`s...

Post Thanks / Like
    BF is the best in my book. easy on, easy off, slick, wet look finish, and durable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo View Post
    Zaino Z2 is tops for me.

BFWD second.

BFWD is impressive and amazingly easy to use, but can`t complete with Zaino when it comes to durability and longevity in my opinion.

Zaino on my own cars, and BFWD on everyone else`s...
    I think that is a fair evaluation and completly logical if you value durability (say for example) as one of your more important criteria.

Z2 Pro is my 3rd fave behind BFWD and WG DGPS, even though I LOVE the look of Z2Pro and the durability, I find it CONSIDERABLY more time and effort than BFWD. Since I value ease of use as probably my most important criteria, it is hard to compete with BFWD.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    1) Blackfire Wet Diamond. It looks great on my black S2K, is easy to apply and remove, and the slickness is like no other protectant I have used. I really think it`s an excellent product. I have used it all by itself, and I have topped it with Midnight Sun. I honestly can`t say that I saw much of a difference after topping with Midnight Sun; but the combination did elicit unsolicited praise from one stranger in the drug store parking lot.

2) Ultima Paint Guard Plus. This is the protectant I use on my wife`s glacier blue CR-V. While it`s possible that the car would look even better dressed in some other sealant/wax, I`m not even tempted to experiment. UPGP is just too easy to apply, and removal is a snap--there is no removal! I use it to seal paint, cladding, metal and plastic trim. I suspect that using UPGP saves me at least an hour of work. Also the durability ain`t bad--two coats got us through the winter pretty well.

3) Mother`s Reflections. This was the first synthetic sealant that I tried, and I`m still fond of it. It produces a mirror-like finish, yet not plasticky. Reflections is similar to NXT, yet it seems to be easier to use. I have never experienced any streaking or haziness with it. Reflections is an excellent value.

I will be applying Finish Kare 1000p to the CR-V next month for winter. I`m looking forward to seeing how it looks and how long it lasts; but I`m not looking forward to the extra time it will take me to apply and remove, etc. UPGP has spoiled me.

Post Thanks / Like
    blackfire bc that is what peopel say

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Klasse twins and BFWD. Hands down BF is slicker and easier to apply and remove (no, I`m not a pro). Now, I still have not done a 50/50 on a vehicle for longevity here in central TX where both car and SUV sit outside 24/7. You`d think the builders around here would know that the standard 2 car garage isn`t large enough ~X(~X(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    I have the Klasse twins and BFWD. Hands down BF is slicker and easier to apply and remove (no, I`m not a pro). Now, I still have not done a 50/50 on a vehicle for longevity here in central TX where both car and SUV sit outside 24/7. You`d think the builders around here would know that the standard 2 car garage isn`t large enough ~X(~X(
    I have the same problem with a standard (who`s standard anyway) one car garage.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Builder`s standard for everyone else, not them :devil:

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly can not choose one I like Bilt Hamber AB, DP poli coat, DG 501 and FK 1000p.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I think that is a fair evaluation and completly logical if you value durability (say for example) as one of your more important criteria.

Z2 Pro is my 3rd fave behind BFWD and WG DGPS, even though I LOVE the look of Z2Pro and the durability, I find it CONSIDERABLY more time and effort than BFWD. Since I value ease of use as probably my most important criteria, it is hard to compete with BFWD.
    Love the new Avatar! :Boxing: LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Love the new Avatar! :Boxing: LOL
    I had to find something more disgusting than the fat chicks.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultima Paint Guard & Optiseal, makes life so easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I had to find something more disgusting than the fat chicks.
    Well you certainly accomplished that <:-P

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information