Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the durablilty of BFWD has been over-hyped. Its a 2-3 month sealant at best. Yes I know how easy it is to apply and remove. Just because you can throw a quick coat on whenever doesn`t make it more durable. I have been havng water spotting issues with it. This is from rain water and not my tap water. Reminds of the water spots I would get when I use Zaino. (Car is black by the way so everything bad is amplified)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBAILEY View Post
    I think the durablilty of BFWD has been over-hyped. Its a 2-3 month sealant at best. Yes I know how easy it is to apply and remove. Just because you can throw a quick coat on whenever doesn`t make it more durable. I have been havng water spotting issues with it. This is from rain water and not my tap water. Reminds of the water spots I would get when I use Zaino. (Car is black by the way so everything bad is amplified)
    Everyone`s definition of durability is different so there is no right or wrong in a durability discussion and the good thing is you get to decide for yourself.

Everyone can decide for themselves but opinion is just that..an opinion.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna Powerlock paint sealant topped with Collinite 845. After a periodic washing It will get a once over with Optimum Spray Wax..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Everyone`s definition of durability is different so there is no right or wrong in a durability discussion and the good thing is you get to decide for yourself.

Everyone can decide for themselves but opinion is just that..an opinion.

I did say `I think`, so that would make it an opinion wouldn`t it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Update Report:

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I had applied 1000p to our CR-V at the beginning of October. It`s now been a little over 5 months. The car has been washed numerous times, including a couple of visits to the local coin-op, where I used the commercial detergents. It`s been raining today, so I thought I`d take a couple of photos of the beading.

As you can see, the 1000p is still going strong. I am very pleased with the way this sealant has held up through these winter months, and I plan to use it again as our winter wax for the CR-V. 1000p enjoys the reputation of being one of the most durable sealants available on the market. My limited experience supports this reputation.

Finish Kare 1000p Hi-Temp Paste Wax is an excellent product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z2 Pro is still going on my horizontal surfaces, but is LONG gone on the vertical panels. Was probably gone after 2 1/2 months.

My cars are filthy and disgusting. I can`t wait for a warm up!
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite 845 over BFWD is holding up better than expected. Applied both back in early Fall, still beading like a son of a ````` after one of the worst New England winters in years. I`m only hitting the laser wash maybe 2 times a month, takes off a lot of grime for the most part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Northern Ontario Canada and winters are quite long and harsh here. I personally use Zaino products and they last through the winter for me but I also have the advantage of a heated garage so I usually reapply every 3 months but have had last for others up to 6 months and plus. In my opinion the artificial sealants have a long lasting quality and are easy to use. I have tried a couple of others that seem to work just as well but for now I am sticking to Zaino. I would suggest a quality brand name sealant and you will not be dissapointed IMO My :2 cents:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information