Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bfwd??

Post Thanks / Like
    Wet Diamond is my favorite synthetic sealant. Of coure, that may not such much, as I`ve only tried two other sealants (Reflections and NXT). I find it extremely easy to use.

I generally go the WOWO route, though this fall when I apply my two winter coats, I`ll probably go with the whole wait until it fully dries before buffing off option. Two coats took me through much of the winter last year and I expect it will do so again. But we hit a day of warm weather in February (I think), so I took the opportunity to wash the car and then applied a coat of Reflections, maintained by Ultimate Quik Wax.

Wet Diamond gives a warm, reflective and slick finish. If there are better sealants out there, I really don`t need to know about them.

At my spring detail I applied a coat of Wet Diamond, followed by two coats of Midnight Sun. I honestly cannot say that Midnight Sun truly adds anything to the Wet Diamond look. HOWEVER, I will say that this Fire & Ice combo generated two super-positive comments from people in two different parking lots. It gives a different look than, say, Souveran. It`s a wetter look, I think. It really catches people`s attention. Sometime in the future I`d like to try the Wet Diamond topped with Fuzion. I have a feeling that this might be an excellent combination. BUT ... Blackfire Wet Diamond stands on its own and does not need to be topped by any carnauba wax.

As we get into the summer months I do not use the Wet Diamond. I have too many carnauba waxes to try. I don`t need to the extra durabiity that a synthetic sealant might provide. I will occasionally use M20 in order to clean the paint, which I then top with my flavor of the week. Souveran has been my August wax for Luthien. I love it. Next month, I`m thinking of trying out Victoria Concours Red. And in October, I`ll use a pre-wax cleaner (probably Ultimate Pre-Wax Cleaner) to cleanse the paint and prepare it for two or three winter coats of Wet Diamond. I am wrestling whether to top Wet Diamond with FK 1000p or Collly 476s. Does anyone have any ideas? I think I prefer to go exclusively with BFWD.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    my first use of bfwd was on my 2000 ford f150 dark teal and yes, it did appear to darken the paint, but the results were so good, i didn`t even care. friends who saw it also said it looked darker, but better. i recently used it on a friend`s 2004 silver infiniti with no change in color at all, just the usual impressive finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Wet Diamond is my favorite synthetic sealant. Of coure, that may not such much, as I`ve only tried two other sealants (Reflections and NXT). I find it extremely easy to use.

I generally go the WOWO route, though this fall when I apply my two winter coats, I`ll probably go with the whole wait until it fully dries before buffing off option. Two coats took me through much of the winter last year and I expect it will do so again. But we hit a day of warm weather in February (I think), so I took the opportunity to wash the car and then applied a coat of Reflections, maintained by Ultimate Quik Wax.

Wet Diamond gives a warm, reflective and slick finish. If there are better sealants out there, I really don`t need to know about them.

At my spring detail I applied a coat of Wet Diamond, followed by two coats of Midnight Sun. I honestly cannot say that Midnight Sun truly adds anything to the Wet Diamond look. HOWEVER, I will say that this Fire & Ice combo generated two super-positive comments from people in two different parking lots. It gives a different look than, say, Souveran. It`s a wetter look, I think. It really catches people`s attention. Sometime in the future I`d like to try the Wet Diamond topped with Fuzion. I have a feeling that this might be an excellent combination. BUT ... Blackfire Wet Diamond stands on its own and does not need to be topped by any carnauba wax.

As we get into the summer months I do not use the Wet Diamond. I have too many carnauba waxes to try. I don`t need to the extra durabiity that a synthetic sealant might provide. I will occasionally use M20 in order to clean the paint, which I then top with my flavor of the week. Souveran has been my August wax for Luthien. I love it. Next month, I`m thinking of trying out Victoria Concours Red. And in October, I`ll use a pre-wax cleaner (probably Ultimate Pre-Wax Cleaner) to cleanse the paint and prepare it for two or three winter coats of Wet Diamond. I am wrestling whether to top Wet Diamond with FK 1000p or Collly 476s. Does anyone have any ideas? I think I prefer to go exclusively with BFWD.

Al
    Al,
    If you are looking for a winter topper for BFWD, I would use any of the Collinite products. Last fall I toped 2 coats of BFEW with 845IW and it lasted the entire winter here in NJ. The 845IW took nothing away from the look of the BFWD. It really is a great combo.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry - that says a decent amount for Collinite since you guys had a real sh$tty winter last year :StarWars:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Barry - that says a decent amount for Collinite since you guys had a real sh$tty winter last year :StarWars:
    You aint just whistling Dixie my friend!!!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Al,
    If you are looking for a winter topper for BFWD, I would use any of the Collinite products. Last fall I toped 2 coats of BFEW with 845IW and it lasted the entire winter here in NJ. The 845IW took nothing away from the look of the BFWD. It really is a great combo.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I have decided, for my S2K, to stick with Wet Diamond this winter. It did a good job for me last winter and I expect it will do a good job for me this winter. My car is garaged, and while I do drive it through the winter months, my present unemployment usually allows me to stay at home when the weather is really bad, or I`ll borrow my wife`s CR-V. Hence the S2K does not, perhaps, need the full Collinite treatment. And I think I prefer the Wet Diamond look on my car than the 845 look--I think. Of course, I probably could not tell the difference in a blind test. I used 845 two winters ago and was very pleased with its durability. Indeed, I remember taking my car to a local detailer`s garage for a hand wash in January 2009, and he was amazed by the beading. But I also recall having some hazing problems with 845 after the second coat. I`m sure it was user error, but I`ve never had any problems like that with BFW.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I`m a total detailing noob. I used the BFWD today on my black FJ cruiser with great results, but I think I did it backwards in that I applied with PC7424 and a black CCS pad, then took it off by hand using a microfiber towel since I didn`t have any more black or red pads,

Afterwards I was thinking that I should have applied by hand and then used the PC to buff it off. what do you guys think?

Here is what I did overall::clap::clap:
    1. Washed with BF gloss enhancing shampoo and conditioner
    2. BF poly clay.
    3. full IPA wipe down
    4. BFGEP with a white CCS pad via the PC7424
    5. BFWD with a black CCS pad via the PC7424
    6. Wipe down and final buff by hand with green microfiber towels.

This was my first time based on what I`ve red here on the site. Any suggestions to improve what I did?

Results are fantastic though if I do say so myself. It took out a few buffer trails (I bought it used with them already there in June) that were driving me crazy and it really minimized the spider web swirls to the point that you really have to look for them at the right angle to them now.

Now that I`ve lost my detailing virginity I think I`ll order to Maguires 205 so I can have a go at trying to get those bug smears off the front of the hood and really take out the swirls.

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo112000 View Post
    I`m a total detailing noob. I used the BFWD today on my black FJ cruiser with great results, but I think I did it backwards in that I applied with PC7424 and a black CCS pad, then took it off by hand using a microfiber towel since I didn`t have any more black or red pads,

Afterwards I was thinking that I should have applied by hand and then used the PC to buff it off. what do you guys think?

Here is what I did overall::clap::clap:
    1. Washed with BF gloss enhancing shampoo and conditioner
    2. BF poly clay.
    3. full IPA wipe down
    4. BFGEP with a white CCS pad via the PC7424
    5. BFWD with a black CCS pad via the PC7424
    6. Wipe down and final buff by hand with green microfiber towels.

This was my first time based on what I`ve red here on the site. Any suggestions to improve what I did?

Results are fantastic though if I do say so myself. It took out a few buffer trails (I bought it used with them already there in June) that were driving me crazy and it really minimized the spider web swirls to the point that you really have to look for them at the right angle to them now.

Now that I`ve lost my detailing virginity I think I`ll order to Maguires 205 so I can have a go at trying to get those bug smears off the front of the hood and really take out the swirls.

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this site!
    Everything is good except your application of the BFWD. The black pad has some cut to it and is not intended to apply an LSP. It is intended for a finishing polish.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything is good except your application of the BFWD. The black pad has some cut to it and is not intended to apply an LSP. It is intended for a finishing polish.
    I agree. You can apply most sealants by hand or machine. I prefer to remove by hand. Never tried the mf bonnets for removing. If I apply wax or sealant with machine I use the blue LC pad. Works great on the paints I`ve dealt with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I agree. You can apply most sealants by hand or machine. I prefer to remove by hand. Never tried the mf bonnets for removing. If I apply wax or sealant with machine I use the blue LC pad. Works great on the paints I`ve dealt with.
    I agree with both of them (hand or machine) either one is fine. Like I said in another thread, liquid sealants via machine and paste waxes by hand. Removal is all done by hand. I also agree the black pad has a slight cut to it so use something a wee bit softer

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to have to try Blackfire with all this fanfare!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Going to have to try Blackfire with all this fanfare!
    I warn you. It will ruin you for all other sealants.:w00t:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I warn you. It will ruin you for all other sealants.:w00t:
    Some how that would make me sad and happy all at once

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Some how that would make me sad and happy all at once
    You just can`t clear your shelves can you?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t want to spend any more money on yet another LSP.Stop
    I have two coats of BFWD, with in between coats of DWG on an `07
    black magic pearl VW GTI. We get some nasty winter action, complete with road salt here in the Cleveland,Ohio area.

Question is, would topping the BFWD with FK1000P or Megs M16 be beneficial
    to me? The car is a daily driver, garaged at night.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information