Post Thanks / Like
    I have been working on getting my windshield detailed to my satisfaction without to much sucess!! I can get it to where i think it is spotless,,untill I get direct sun shining in or overhead lights shining on it.

I do have a 30x magnifier I used to determine what I was dealing with ,,and I know I have some chips in it from road traveling,,but the other specks I see ,,I am not sure what they are .

I have clayed which has helped ,,I noticed my clay did get some stuff off,,and also tried to polish with my nonabrasive paint polish which really polished the glass but had no affect on removing the specks. It is hard to describe them ,, I tried to feel them with my fingers in a plastic bag,,but it is nice and smooth.

I did only try it with orbital machine and by hand ,,so am thinking I might have to live with it or take it to a glass place to get buffed out. So was hoping someone could give me some ideas on wich way to go and what might work.

Thanks in advance,,,,,Freeman

Post Thanks / Like
    some here swear by it...its actually a good thing that the clay worked...even just a little...cause then u know that whatever it is..it can come off.... do a search under Bon ami and see the threads....i know there was one just recently...let me know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Freeman-

It would be really awesome if you could post your results. I think I have a similar problem. I have little spots on my windshield. I don`t think they are stone chips, and they are so small that they can barely be seen; consequelntly, I have not bothered doing anything about them. Nonetheless, I would like to get rid of them if possible.

I can`t believe that you were innovative enough to try an orbital on your windshield. That`s awesome!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    I have posted this question at least twice and only been given two responses:

a) Zaino Glass polish. May reduce the appearance but will not be abrasive enough.

b) Replace Windshield (out of the question for me).

If you find a solution, be sure to let us know. I have little marks you can only <em class=`bbc`>really[/i] see when the sun hits the windshield just wrong and all of these stupid little spots really annoy the heck out of me..

Post Thanks / Like
    I see I am not only with the problem then. I have 2 auto glass places here where i live I am going to go ask questions today.

I will post later on what I find out .

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting period to wax new paint

Anyone know what the typical waiting period is to wax new unbaked clear. My car has been painted about 4 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    One month .Get some wax on that baby ASAP!:wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lphegner View Post
    Anyone know what the typical waiting period is to wax new unbaked clear. My car has been painted about 4 months.
    Why are you waiting so long?

Thread Information