Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    Thanks a lot David!

What speed and how long should the M205 on the finishing pad be worked? I am using a PC7424xp for everything. This sounds like a great idea to squeeze that extra bit of gloss out.

For final finishing with M205 try using speed 4 with moderate (but firm) pressure (enough to keep the pad engaged evenly across the paint) and keep the work time short: <30 seconds.

Klasse AIO is `lightly` abrasive, fwiw, but not enough to really offer any correction.

Poli-Seal will over a noticeable benefit `if` the paint isn`t polished to the highest level to begin with because it could fill in the very light remaining defects. It also seems to give a nice shine to the paint because of the sealant. I am not sure if this increase will be noticeable after the #915 however.

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer- I have no real experience with this product but I seam to remember reviews on other forums being mostly positive.

Since you have four days to do the detail, I would suggest doing what Dave suggested (but slightly differently). Polish a section with M205/black and see if it makes it better to your eyes. If so repeat over the whole care. If applicable I always try to take the paint to highest shine through polishing first as it is a permanente increase.

Once you finish your polishing, why not do a panel with Optimum Poli-Seal and compare a panel that has just been polished. See if you notice an increase in gloss and if it worth the increase in time. After that top with 915, take lots of pictures, and post them here!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies!

New question, this rail dust is 6+ years old. Besides clay, what method can be used to remove it?

6 inch by 6 inch section of the raildust clayed with mild polyclay, the paint was loaded with contaminants. This was the first passes, I broke the clay into small pieces and worked on the raildust in more detail that way.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...IMG_0921-1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information