Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Holly and I went out of town for our turkey day, and Internet access was, well, not available. Three days without access to the forum was like cutting off an arm, but I see everything is okay.

I hope everyone, here in the USA and abroad, had a wonderful day giving thanks with family and friends.

Cheers!

David & Holly

Post Thanks / Like

Time between layers of BFWD????

Since I?m a newbe and I?ve searched all over trying to find a answer but have not?so here goes?.history??
    My car which is my DD was new in November?. Over the winter I had issues with ice scraper marks and you all helped solve my problems??Around March?.I detailed the car with Klasse AIO then topped with BFWD?..Since then I?ve been washing twice a week?. And the Saturday wash I follow up with BlackFire quick detail?.
    The car looks great?But can I apply another coat BFWD after a wash???? The car is black and using the 5 foot rule looks great?there are small swirls or scratches....up close?..I used a plastic bag to see if I need to clay but I don?t?.I know that in the fall I should polish and top with a sealant before winter but since it been 3 months?.Would you do it....top with a nothe layer of BFWD????

Thanks

Dave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn`t hurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you employ the two bucket method when you wash your car ? You can apply a coat of sealant as often as you like, after all,its a lot quicker than a coat of wax, when you become a sealant junky, more is always better....:biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    The only issue you will have with applying too much BFWD is if you apply to back to back you may get some streaking as the previous coat is not completely cured. In dry and moderate climates BFWD cures extremely fast, but in humid climates it make take some time. Wait as long as you can (up to 12 hours) to apply a second coat, but don`t sweat it if you don`t have time. Two coats back-to-back is still better then 1 coat because you will produce more even coverage.

After washing the car feel free to add your second coat (make sure you dry it extremely well!)

Thread Information