Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwfla View Post
    The amount applied seems to be the main culprit in this particular case. When I used it, I actually set my watch to see how much time it took me, and to test the cure time, etc. The wax says to let it sit for 10-15 mins, by the time I was done applying the wax to my entire car, I was at about 15 mins, so I started taking the wax off, from my original application starting point of course. I used the included red MF towel for removal, and the entire process of applying and removing the wax was done by hand. I had no problems getting the wax to come off. In fact, that was my favorite part. Having used too much Griot`s Best In Show Wax primarily, before the AutoGlym HD, I was dreading the wax removal process, but I literally couldn`t be happier how the AutoGlym came off.
    Best of Show is like pulling wisdom teeth to remove :cursing:

If you are facing a hi humidity day, I would pass on using this AG/HD you all speak of :2 cents:

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I did AG HD (and it was by PC) is was humid and I know I used way too much. I think it wasn`t completely set up even after 30-45 minutes. But, it came off just fine, although I did go through 3 large MF towels. I think it finished curing later on and looked fine.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you just pop it out of the container and then put in on the pad for the PC? This would be faster and I could get it more consistent for sure, plus my arms wouldn`t hurt as much

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Best of Show is like pulling wisdom teeth to remove :cursing:
    Flash, you are NOT kidding here! And that`s on a GOOD day. I like the way it looks afterwards, but frankly, it`s not worth the effort, IMHO. I liked the depth of the AG HD a little better, and in my brief experience with it so far, was such a breeze to work with.
    Now, I live in Phoenix, AZ and we don`t usually have much humidity, so I may just be lucky in that respect...but I`ll take it! :cornut:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got some 4" Gold pads now, but when I used the PC to apply AG HD, I used a Red pad I cut down from 5.5" and since the can was fairly new, I just squished the pad into the wax in several places and gave it a little twist while holding the pad so it wouldn`t slip. It actually came off like Midnight Sun - when you remove it kinda before it drys.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Hmm, must be using too much. I`ll have to try with more light to ensure I`m using the right amount. I also had to let it cure forever, so that must be the issue. I`ll try again on my next detail, they`ll get the free hand wax instead of M21 so I can hone my technique. I do want to keep using this as it`s a great wax as mentioned. Really brings the wetness to dark cars.
    I don`t think you`re applying too much. I had similar problems with this wax. No matter what I did it went on super thick and pebbly and it would not spread a lot no matter what I did.
    I tried spraying the applicator with a small amount of Blackfire Deep Gloss spray (QD spray). I tried spraying the applicator with a lot of QD spray. I tried completely saturating and then wringing out the applicator.
    I think my main problem is that I was using a microfiber applicator and HD wax just does not seem to work with those things. I don`t have the applicator that came with the wax. Mine was dry as parchment and as hard as stone so I threw it away.
    What I finally had good luck with was a foam applicator that was designed for hand polishing.
    I used one of these (The green one)
    http://www.properautocare.com/euhapoap.html
    and it actually made HD Wax a LOT easier to apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if it works on that, should work on a LC pad. I`ll try it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Well if it works on that, should work on a LC pad. I`ll try it this weekend.
    I forgot I also tried the foam applicator Autogeek sent me for free with my Fuzion samples. It worked a lot better than the microfiber applicator but it still was not what I would call fun. The foam polish applicator is the best thing I`ve found so far for this wax.
    I`m really puzzled by this wax. There`s no middle ground with this wax. People either say it`s a dream to work with or an absolute pain in the rear. Could Autoglym be having quality control issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    You miss my post on page 1?
    Haha, yeah, I missed your Page 1 post. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to tell you, but all you had to do to that red applicator was soak it in water to bring it back to life, then squeez out most of the water and you`re good to go. If, you`re not doing the PC app like me.

Post Thanks / Like

issues with autoglym hd applicator

I had issues with the red applicators that came with the wax also. But I`ve found something that worked good for me. A couple months ago I was in a store called the dollar zone. ( the stores where everything sells for a dollar )
    They had 16 oz. bottles of liquid wax made by Sonax called NTS-7. I bought a bottle for a dollar and when I got home I googled Sonax because I`ve never heard of that company. To my surprise they are a high end German company and NTS-7 sells for 20.00 a bottle. I went back and bought 20 bottles. I mix it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle and use it for quick wax after washing and it works great ! Anyway back to the autoglym hd. The bottles of sonax come with an applicator. The applicator is actually a cellulose sponge. I just waxed my wife`s black crystal magnum SXT with ag/hd and used the sponge applicator kept it wet and wrung out and it worked really well. Sorry i rambled on but i was impressed with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I seemed to have fixed the problem by only using one swipe of the wax per spot on the applicator. I did my motorcycle last night (made the metallic red really pop) and would swipe the wax, apply to the bike, then when it looked like no more was transferring, I`d swipe a different part of the applicator and keep going. No problems this time :clap:. So since I have 2 applicators, I figure I can at least get one car done this way, then clean them, and have them ready for next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Autoglyn High definition wax

Hey I`m a little late but I like to add to what my man in Phoenix and some of the guys have said. Prep the surface first, then use thin coats of the high def wax and let it sit for a little more than the require time and then take it off. But the key is using clean microfiber towels and you will get great results. By the way you can take it a step further and use the Autoglym Super Resin polish first and then coat it with the high def wax this gives you a slick rich finish and I`m still looking for something to compete with it in this price range. The funny thing my neighbors three year old loves the sparkle and comments on it every day. BJ from Bucks County Pa.

Post Thanks / Like
    my wife got me some this weekend. :clap:
    after reading what all of you wrote i would like to know
    if any of you took pics ?

i would like to see some pics of the issues and also the finished look.

thanks
    mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I usually have used this following up a good polishing using M105/M205 combo, so the paint is really clean. I will maybe try with my new Griot`s polisher this week as I`m going to M205 the truck prior to waxing (still beading good, just want to remove some swirling from daily use).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information