Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read many, many older posts and have come to what I would consider my final choice.

My car`s surface is pretty slick; it is only two months old. So, at this point, I may do some minor claying (because of those speckles), but not too much.

I plan on using Klasse AIO - 1 coat. Then I will follow it with SG - a few coats. Is everything I need to know about AIO and SG application available at CMA (how to apply, remove, time to let each coat set, etc.)? Then, I may follow it with Blitz wax.

I figured I`d give Klasse a try - a lot of other people seem to love it.

I attached two quick pics. I don`t know much about trying to capture the "reflection" --- yet! I`m working on it. Hopefully tomorrow I will catch it before it gets too dark and be able to take some other than in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    one more...

Post Thanks / Like
    but i love that super black....even though its a PITA to care for....when it looks good...like that already......it looks great!!!!!!!:up .....CMA got all that stuff on Klasse.....that you`ll need....do it up!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t read CMA`s Klasse tips, but this how I prepped and klassed the cars.

1. ABC`d the car. Do a search on ABC and you`ll find out more about it. It`s good stuff.

2. I clayed with 3M. Excellent clay. It seemed to do a better job than the Mothers kit.

3. SMR`d - But it didn`t do a good job at removing the swirls. I`ll have to use something more abrasive next summer.

4. AIO - Used a damp foam applicator. Worked it in to the surface in front to back motions until it became tacky. Then I buffed with a charisma towel. I worked in 2`x2` sections. I used multiple apps on diffeerent sections of the car. This was primarily for swirl removal purposes. I found AIO to be much more powerful than 3M SMR.

5. I applied SG with a damp foam applicator. This helps to spread it very thinly. I find when I use a dry foam applicator, I need to use more than an ounce. Use one ounce per coat. I applied it in front to back motions and I let it sit for 1 hour, then I buffed it off with 2 charisma towels and a spray bottle of tap water. No matter how thinly you spread klasse, if you attempt to buff it off with a dry towel, it will become difficult and tiring to buff, as the klasse will most likely streak. I spray water on the section I am about to buff, I then take one of the towels, wipe the water off the surface, then I take the other towel and pick up the remaining moisture from the surface. This allows me to buff the klasse off while applying minimal pressure on the surface. I also buff in front to back motions. I have found this to be the easiest way to apply and remove SG. Many here may disagree with me, but it`s all good.

I usually wait a week in between coats. I apply subsequent coats right after the car gets it`s weekly wash. This ensures that the surface is totally free of debris b4 the next layer is applied.

All of the above was done in the garage.

For the most part, I am very very happy with klasse. I have a minor "film" issue on one of the cars, but the protection that klasse offers far outweighs this IMHO.

I hope this helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    luvmymax Hi

Since you are going to go to the trouble of using the correct materials, doing multiple coats, etc., I would not skimp on the claying. It does not take that much time. I would clay the whole car. As we often say, the materials are important, but the preparation is all important. Make sure to start with very clean paint. Claying is an essential part of making sure the paint is really clean. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    is da man...summed it up perfect...:up

Post Thanks / Like
    is da man...summed it up perfect...:up he said it so good that even a Zainohead like me can understand it...

Post Thanks / Like
    <<"spray bottle of tap water">>

I believe I`ve read some people use a carnuba-free QD also - for help in removal. Is this correct?

You all have been very helpful. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnauba QD will also work, but why not use water since its cheaper and works just a will? Make sure to spray a very <em class=`bbc`>thin[/i] mist of water, or just dampen, not soak, the towel you are using to remove it.

I would clay the bumpers and the front part of the hood and use AIO twice, or until the paint gets very clean. Use AIO with firm pressure on a foam or microfiber application and "rub-it-in." For SG, I prefer to lightly wipe it on, sit for at least 10 min., and remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that a lot of you like to wait days between SG coats. Now, I don`t have the luxury of letting my car sit in the garage all week because I have to drive it to work. I can wash my car before I apply a second, third, fourth, etc. coat of SG, right?

Also, as months go on after you`ve applied AIO and SG (maybe even a topper like Blitz), what do you do? I know Klasse claims its product lasts months, but do you just let it go or add, say Blitz coatings, once a month? Just wondering....

Can`t wait to get this stuff!!!

:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Yes, you can wash your car between layers of Klasse.

2. You can add layers as needed. If you want to apply a fresh layer then do so. But, I would not apply a wax topper until you are 100% happy with the way the Klasse looks. Once the wax is applied you will have to strip it off if you want to apply more layers of Klasse later.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have about 5 coats of KSG on my Integra, so I decided it was time to add the warmth of a BLitz topper. I now have about 4 coats of Blitz on my car, and I add another coat about once a month.

I would reccomend at least three coats of KSG before you add a Blitz topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Klasse for a while now. One of the things that makes using this line so much fun is that you can experiment. You can work with the Klasse AIO and SG. You can apply several layers of the SG and then follow with numerous brands of carnaubas. Following the SG with some Pinnacle Souveran or Paste Glaze is such a relaxing feeling. Oh, and the results are spectacular as well. Just remember that its always best to have several coats of the Klasse SG on before you apply any carnauba toppers. I`d suggest a minimum of 3 but more along the lines of 4 or 5. I had 5 coats on my Maxima and the results were simply awesome. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, if I`m not mistaken, is this not the first time you`re revealing your ride???

Post Thanks / Like

Does BFWD and Blackfire polish expire?

I have been using the same bottle of BFWD and blackfire polish for coming on 3 years. It`s been stored at room temperature, but just curious since it`s been this long does it loose it`s bite or expire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information