Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I`m new, but I have been lurking for a while.

I have a GTI w/ Tornado Red paint. I got the Klasse twins, and the AIO is :up :up . Made a nice shine and a real "buttery feel." BUT--when I put on the SG, it wouldn`t come off--kept pulling at my MF (griot`s) towel--and left major major haze! Even when I used to QD to help me out! The finish lost its smooth feel--felt tacky. I ended up going over the part of the car I SG`d w/ the AIO to get it nice again. Here are some things I did (it was my first time) that may habve been the problem; I am hope you experts can hook me up!

-I used the mf pad that came w/ the kit (dry)

-I put it on so thin that it didn`t even look like anything

-I waited about 20 mins

-I used a MF wax-removal towel

Should I wait longer/Did I still put it on too thick???

thx in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you put on more than 1 coat of SG in a day?? If so, that can sometimes cause the SG to gum up. Also, the surface of the metal must be cool.

Here is how I remove my Klasse with no buffing at all. Take a Microfiber towel and run it under water. Then wring the towel out very well so that it is slightly damp. Now use the damp towel to wipe off the Klasse. Just wipe it over the surface, like you are washing the car. You can follow up with another MF towel for a cotten towel to make sure the surface is dry when you are done. I use this method, and it removes the Klasse very fast with no buffing at all.

Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had just finished AIOing and wanted to see how the SG worked. So I just did a front quarter panel and a bit of the hood. I`m not convinced that my hood _ever_ gets cool (car lives outside--sun = heat, car is a turbo =heat after driving) enough. But I only did 1 coat to see if I could see a difference. Also it was about 70 degrees, 60 % humidity, FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using a foam pad for applying the Klasse SG. If you`re having a bit of difficulty with buffing out the SG, try using a soft 100% cotton towel, preferably Chenille to see if that makes a diffference. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like

07 Silver Lexus IS250

The Chicago winter is almost over and I want to have my products ready to go!
    The car`s paint is in great shape. There are light swirl marks and a haze you can see on the paint under strong lighting(waxed from the dealer)

I have 2 polishes Blackfire enhancing polish and Menzerna power finish
    I have Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection

I`m using a porter cable7424 with yellow and white pads.

I noticed this section on properautocare and reliezed I might be leaving something out. Glaze?

Last year on my 2003 red SVT Cobra I used a polish and then put layers of wax on it. I still have that car as well and the paint is in excellent condition.

Would any suggest I use a glaze after using the polish??? if so what would you recommend for silver and red paint. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcobra View Post
    The Chicago winter is almost over and I want to have my products ready to go!
    The car`s paint is in great shape. There are light swirl marks and a haze you can see on the paint under strong lighting(waxed from the dealer)

I have 2 polishes Blackfire enhancing polish and Menzerna power finish
    I have Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection

I`m using a porter cable7424 with yellow and white pads.

I noticed this section on properautocare and reliezed I might be leaving something out. Glaze?

Last year on my 2003 red SVT Cobra I used a polish and then put layers of wax on it. I still have that car as well and the paint is in excellent condition.

Would any suggest I use a glaze after using the polish??? if so what would you recommend for silver and red paint. thanks!
    I thought Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish was a glaze...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
    I thought Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish was a glaze...
    It`s not a glaze, but a polish and glaze combo. More like a finish polish with a glaze to add to the wet look. If you are using this product, there is no reason to use another glaze. It works very well with BFWD, and will look great on all colors.:thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I would skip the yellow pads and go with the orange. That is my only suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the suggestion. This is what I decided to use.

1) Merzenra power finish
    2) Meguirars #3 machine glaze
    3) BFWD

I`m not going to use the blackfire enhancing polish because I remember from last year it didn`t enough cutting power to get rid of my swirl marks. Merzera worked really well.

Do these three seem like they would great?!

Post Thanks / Like
    The gloss enhancing polish doesn`t have the power to remove serious swirls but it will clean up the paint and increase the gloss after you use Menzerna Power Finish quite nicely.

As mentioned, it is a glaze and final polish combination.

So I think you will get best results by going with...

1) Power Finish to correct the paint
    2) Gloss Enhancing Polish to `jewel` the paint after polishing and to add a wet look synthetic glaze that will prepare the paint for Wet Diamond.
    3) Wet Diamond.

Thread Information