Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

:sniff:

I guess it was bound to happen... now I know what to ask for for christmas, a dent repair!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    And silly me, I`m so careful with OTHER people`s vehicles, just in case they`re an enthusiast like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    there`s alot of times i have to sit in my car and wait for some patients to get home.....sometimes...in some neighborhoods you cant park anywhere on the street for very long....because people get paranoid when they see a guy...that they dont know...sitting in his car in front of their house for say an hr or so....so often i park in mall parking lots...and have a sandwich or whatever.....there`s not 1 time that i go that i dont see someone open their door right into someone elses....then they pretend they didnt feel it and just walk away...or the best is they then move the car somewhere else in case the color would match i guess....i even had a lady open her door right into mine...while i`m sitting there...then just give me a look...like...sorry...or.."what are u gonna do?"...but they dont actually say anything.....

i had a lady once back into me...parking her car...then get out...knock on my window(i thought to apologize)...only to tell me that she always parks in that spot and that if i had been more considerate i would have moved my car out for her......

people are freakin` nuts....i dont know if any of you"older" guys remember those reflective rubber doo-hickies that used to be right on the drivers/passenger`s side door hinges....they were like a light grey triangle..with a little reflector light that i suppose shined into oncoming traffic...so they could see you at night....ugly as hell...but effective....i wish they made something like that for the door dings that are inevitable if you take your car to the outside world......i know that CMA and other sites sell that thing to stop you from dinging your door in your garage....but can`t anybody make an accessory that looks nice...and would just stick out a little to stop this crap from happening.....:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate parking in parking lots.... and the worst is my apartment. I don`t know what it is, but most of those people don`t give a whit about their cars (and it shows) Most of them are piles of rust.

Worst thing is that the south end is on a slight angle, and I had someone open their door into my Ranger.... the bad thig was that they were uphill from me and I can only imagine that gravity took the door. Worst "dent" ever! Take a look. It`s about 3 inches wide, 4 inches tall, and cracked the paint over the small "ridge" that runs along the entire truck.

That parking lot dent won`t take much $$ to pop out. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    jay,

i think we`ve all been there before, but it never makes it easier to take. (sorry)

please continue to be careful with other peoples cars...i might be one of those guys that parks next to you miles away from the mall!!!

(i`m just as careful....how selfless we are!)

we all cringe together when we see a photo like yours.....

--thomas
    Clean 2013 X1

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by graeme [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>That parking lot dent won`t take much $$ to pop out. Good luck!

[/b]</blockquote>
    Ahh that`s good to know. I`ve been fortunate enough not to have to deal with a ding like this before (believe that luck?!).

Any ideas if paintless dent removal is the answer for a little dent like this?

Thanks for the support guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever treid one of the paintless dent removal places?

Just curios I see the trucks for these companies alot but never talked to anyone about the results.I once saw a guy who owned a BMW call the police to a person that opened his door into the BMW and filled out a police report.Have no idea how it turned out I hope in the BMW`s owner won the battle.Take care

Post Thanks / Like

1st Day of Spring, 8" of Snow, What to do? What to do?

All this talk about multiple coats and "layering" just got me out of this chair...:biggrin:

If in doubt, slap another coat of WD on the Vette!!!:cornut::cornut::cornut:

The Bad.

The Good.

The Ugly.

The Problem. I`m finished.:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    The Bad.

I`m thinking you`d be unhappy if they hung you with a brand new rope. :cornut:

TL <-- stil Springtime in Ohio... for a few days anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    I`m thinking you`d be unhappy if they hung you with a brand new rope. :cornut:

TL <-- stil Springtime in Ohio... for a few days anyway
    It was springtime here in KC this week. Almost 70 on Thursday and Friday... T-shirts and shorts!

This sucks. (Supposed to be 70 on Tuesday)ut:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

You could always give the interior of both your Corvettes a deep cleaning. And you can always add that second coat of BFWD. LOL!
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Bill,

You could always give the interior of both your Corvettes a deep cleaning. And you can always add that second coat of BFWD. LOL!
    Done..... both undercarriages are done too! LOL :
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Done..... both undercarriages are done too! LOL :
    Man , The vette is Chiney Bill , looks great....I cringed with the side picture on how close the ass end is to the overhead door.....
    Is that the Griots buffer laying there ? looks pertnear like the V2. :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Man , The vette is Chiney Bill , looks great....I cringed with the side picture on how close the ass end is to the overhead door.....
    Well, my garage is barely large enough for 2 cars. I`ve got it down to a science. 2.5" from rear bumper to the door.:devil:

Is that the Griots buffer laying there ? looks pertnear like the V2. :biggrin:
    Yeah, I applied the BFWD by machine. (Every chance I get!)ancing Dot:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information