Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ve had my car for 6 months now and I`ve been using regular Turtle Wax Emerald Wax. Over on Acura-CL.com and Acura-TL.com I`ve heard discussion about Zaino, Zymol and other name brand waxes/polishes. I`m looking for something simple (preferably two steps or fewer) and no cure time (and hopefully its cheap too ). So what`s the best choice?

On another note. My car has perforated leather inserts...is it OK to use Lexol on it?
    2002 Acura TL Type-S

Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bioyuki! Welcome to Autopia!

The products that are simple and have no cure time are Blackfire (Car Wash, Prep, Paint Protectant, Quick Detailer) or Zaino <strong class=`bbc`>Z-1[/b] (Polish-Lok,) <strong class=`bbc`>Z-2[/b] (sealant,) <strong class=`bbc`>Z-6[/b] (quick detailer,) <strong class=`bbc`>Z-7[/b] (car wash,) and <strong class=`bbc`>Z-FX[/b] (additive for a quick curing time.) The <strong class=`bbc`>Z-18[/b] Clay bar, is optional, but recommended, and <strong class=`bbc`>Z-5[/b] is for swirl marks.

But please don`t feel that that these are the only two great products. Klasse AIO/SG are two great products too, and are similar to Blackfire or Zaino (A synthetic polymer sealant.) Pinnacle Paste Glaz is a great wax which takes about the same time to use as a quick detailer. Doesn`t last very long though.

You must also remember that it’s not always the products that make the difference, but the great techniques found in this forum. Don’t just grab a few towels from your linen closet. Buy dedicated bath towels or microfiber towels for each task. Also, before you by the latest and greatest products, learn about car paint and see what problems you have and how to diagnose them.

A few of my favorite past threads our fellow members wrote is at http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...nique+Patience and http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...?threadid=3092

A few great sites besides for www.autopia-carport.com, is www.autoint.com.

Remember detailing is more than just making your car shine. It could be great therapy, a hobby, or just a weekend business. Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Best choice? Well search for Klasse and Zaino. You will see a host of opinions. The search feature is a great tool will probably answer 90% of your questions plus make you think of things you never thought of.

I just tried the Klasse products (two steps). Was very pleased. I applied 2 coats of the AIO (all in one) and am up to 7 coats of the SG (sealant glaze). Some folks let the SG `cure` others don`t. I had about an 1hr or so between coats and have been doing it for the last two weekends. Again, there is a wealth of info on techniques here. The SG was a different mindset for me because it requires very little. Your car won`t be hazed up like standard waxes.

I want to try Zaino, but think I am going to hold out for Blackfire, a new product coming out in November. Expect 40.00 to 50.00 to get started with Klasse, but with the amounts you use it will last a long time. Checkout www.properautocare.com for a slew of products and articles. No affiliation with them, just been getting stuff from them, some others: www.tascar.com, www.autopia-carcar.com

Ciao

Post Thanks / Like
    I know about Zaino but it just seems to complicated. Z-1 then Z-3 then Z-6. Plus I read that cure time is needed as the coats must completly dry before reapplying . I thought ZainoFX wasn`t out yet also. As of now my choice will probably be Klasse but I think I`ll investigate Blackfire. Haven`t heard of it till now.
    2002 Acura TL Type-S

Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be great therapy, a hobby, or just a weekend business. Happy detailing!

Amen BW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehehe... it can also be "stress-relief" on old beaters. :p

Zaino isn`t that complicated when you get used to it. You can set up a schedule like this:

9:00- Wash/Dry entire car

9:30- Use Z-18

10:00- Apply Z-1

10:15- Apply Z-2 right after Z-1

(take a break… wait for about an hour)

11:15- Remove residue

11:30- Use Z-6

(Done for the day; wait 24 hours)

9:00- Use Z-6

9:15- Apply Z-2

(take a break… wait for about an hour)

10:15- Remove Z-2

10:30- Apply Z-6

This is for regular Zaino, not ZFX. And replace Z-2 with Z-5 if you have swirls.

Btw, Zaino ZFX and Blackfire still haven`t come out yet. Maybe the end of this month, or November.

Post Thanks / Like
    Head to the www.properautocare.com for info on Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    All you need to get started is Z1 and Z2. Apply Z1 and then Z2 over it, let dry and remove. You will have great results with one coat. If you wish to add more coats you can add them at any time....a day, a week, a month,etc,etc. All you need to do is add a coat of Z2, let dry and remove. One bottle of z2 will be good for about 8-12 coats. For best results use Z6 spray detailer between coats and maintain with Z7 car wash. This is not required, and if you just want to get started, I suggest getting Z1 and Z2 and see how you like it.

You do have to wait between coats for layering (Till ZFX comes out). You have to wait 24 hrs if the temp is cooler than 70 F and about 6-8 hours if it is warmer than 70F.

There is cure time with all products. You can add zaino back to back if you like, just like people do with KLASSE. In both cases it is not layering properly though...........

Hope this helps.......

Post Thanks / Like
    No more talking about Zaino FX until it is available for everyone. This is so unfair.

It`s a race to the finish line. Blackfire or Zaino FX. Decisions. Decisions. Whoever comes out with their product first will get my purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Waxman, remember we knew about Z-FX before Blackfire! What about time we were told it was coming out, to the actual time its available for the public?

Post Thanks / Like

Why are we here?

I feel that we are here to find products, and methods to keep our
    babies looking new. I do not want to spend hours and money to
    do it if there is a better way. Spending a thousand for wax is not in
    my budget, and spending time taking wax off to reapply it is not
    for me.Detailing is work, and to my knowledge there is no product
    that sticks to a clearcoat that will protect it for any period of time.
    If a bird craps on your car, or you get tree sap on it then expect it
    to etch or leave a dark spot if you do not remove it quickly. I am
    assuming that is why many of you are using a sealant as a basecoat.

If I told you that I could paint your house with mold and dirt on it,
    and I had a special paint that did not require cleaning first, would you
    believe me.I do not think so.Well, is your car any different? I could have
    the best paint, but it will not bond to the surface.My point is,
    maintaining and protecting the clearcoat finish is the key to keeping a flaw
    less shine.If you apply 1oz or 4ozs, 3 coats or 4 coats, if it does not
    stop the bad things from attacking it then what is the point. I choose
    to use a product that requires one application every year. It may take
    3 hours to wash it, clay it, and apply it, but a quik wash every couple
    of weeks is all I need.

I do not have to go and buy a polisher, and several expensive products
    to maintain the shine. A couple of terry towels, and couple ozs of sealant
    is all I need. It works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you do any correction work to your customer vehicles, be them new off the lot or years old? Just curious, as I`ve never bought a new car off the lot that didn`t need some sort of correction before applying an LSP, be it claying, light polishing, etc.

I`m not sure I follow you on this post. On the one hand, you`re telling me not to belive a new paint that you can use over the imperfect old finish, but in the next breath it seems like you`re telling me that you don`t use anything but your sealant, which I am assuming you apply over swirls, IFO, etc. At what point in your process are you correcting the things that can (and most likely do) happen to every vehicle finish out there - marring, swirls, scratches, etching, etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billd55 View Post
    I do not have to go and buy a polisher, and several expensive products
    to maintain the shine. A couple of terry towels, and couple ozs of sealant
    is all I need. It works for me.
    I`m glad your methods and products work well for you! :biggrin:

Many detailers, like me, enjoy the process of detailing as a hobby, as much as the results they get.

To be honest, I don`t really want a sealant that lasts a year. Why?

Because I love getting out there and doing my thing. I love the excersize, the clay bar, the polishing, paint cleaning, application of sealant and wax, not to mention the "Joy of the Weekly 2-Bucket Wash"! I do it more for the LOVE of detailing, more than I do for the end result!ut::devil:
    So, I`m happy for you, that you`ve found products that are long-lasting... Personally, I don`t want that because it robs me of what I love doing most!ancing Dot:ancing Dot:ancing Dot:

As my neighbor "Mr. Negativity" always says when I`m detailing.....

"Don`t you know it`s going to rain?!!!"
    My kind and cheerful response is always the same...

Good!!! That means I get to do this again tomorrow!!!:clap::clap::clap:
    Cheers............:biggrin:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is a problem such as swirls, a dark spot, or etching from well water
    or bugs then if you want to try correction to see if that helps, give it a try.
    I do not buy new cars either, and I have never once used correction
    on my cars. Normally , I wash it with Dawn, clay it, use an orbital with an
    a pre-cleaner, and and apply the sealant by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luster

The key is keeping the bad things off, so if you like doing that
    all the time . It is cheaper than an therapist as someone once told
    me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information