Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    I think most people think AG will flop at Walmart because they won`t sell enough of them to make it worthwhile for them. Sure, it`s great for people like us who wax their cars at least once a month, but you said yourself that you don`t think the average person even waxes their cars let alone pay $35 for wax. If Walmart doesn`t move enough of an item, they`re going to stop carrying that item and relegate the rest of their stock to the clearance aisle (A situation we`re all salivating over, I`m sure.) I just don`t think there are enough people like ourselves out there to make it worthwhile for Walmart to carry the wax.:StarWars:
    Walmart has a lot of expensive things that as far as I`ve seen don`t ever get purchased. Walmart has a $300 KitchenAid blender. I`ve never seen anyone buy one of these but Walmart still sells them. I`ve never seen anyone buy their +$300 compressor either but they haven`t stopped selling them. Of course they only have two or three of these things on the shelves. And I think that`s exactly what Walmart will do with Autoglym. They aren`t gonna have ten of these things on the shelves - probably only four at the most.
    I`ve been shopping at Walmart for years (at least 10) and I haven`t once seen stuff like their expensive KitchenAid mixers thrown in the discount aisle just because no one is buying them.
    I really don`t think Walmart cares if stuff like Autoglym doesn`t fly off the shelves because they have thousands of other products that are flying off the shelves every day and that money more than makes up for stuff like Autoglym that only gets purchased occasionally.
    Also think of it this way - You hear or read that Walmart sells Autoglym. You go in the store and even if you end up not buying the Autoglym there`s a good chance you will walk out with something else. Possibly something even more expensive than the wax. And Walmart still wins.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Walmart is in an upscale community and the Autoglym HD has been selling pretty well. They only put out two at a time, but from what a MGR told me they have been selling well enough for them to keep restocking the shelves.

I went by there today and the HD applicators are about gone.

Now another Walmart on the other side of town, had 7-8 HD on the shelves at one time. I highly doubt many will purchase HD from this store.

A little story about my experience in business with Walmart.

15 Years ago, I worked in sales for a sporting goods place that made duck calls, fishing lures and other hunting stuff. We sold to every Walmart in the country. I had to call on most of the stores. Each store would place a big order. They would pay, and everything they didn`t sell at the end of the season we got back and had to pay them back the difference.. Walmart called it guaranteed sale.

It was a win/win for Walmart. If they sold our items they made a profit, the stuff they didn`t sell they got their money back. I know I had my commission check deducted for the returned items we got back.

Now this is how much power Walmart had 15 years ago. WM is even bigger and more powerful now.

Walmart knows to the penny of what it takes for you to make your own products. They can be a PITA when dealing with you on price.

Look up Walmart and Vlasic pickles, if you want to see how much of a hard ass Walmart can be on price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walmart was also responsible for the "restructuring" of Rubbermaid. When Walmart refused to accept the price increase of plastic resin, Rubbermaid lost their biggest client and went bankrupt. The company was broken up, machinery sold (to China), who made the new "Rubbermaid" products when the company reorganized. They can be a PITA.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being the product junkie I am, I picked up some HD at Walmart and gave it a shot on a black Porsche Cayman.

I have to say that application and removal was pretty easy and it gave the paint a nice clean look. There was some very slight streaking, but nothing major. I gave it a quick wash and the beading was crazy.

Here are the results after Menzerna Power Lock (cured 12 hours), topped with Autoglym HD after a quick wash...

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! Nice!:notworthy:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks very nice:

Post Thanks / Like
    When are the walmarts in Indy going to get this, you are all making me jealous. I`ve got a black civic on tap to do and this would work great. :toetap05:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    When are the walmarts in Indy going to get this, you are all making me jealous. I`ve got a black civic on tap to do and this would work great. :toetap05:
    The Merrillville Indiana store just started selling it about A week ago so your area should be getting it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I`ll be on the lookout

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Rick, nice car! How would you compare BFWD with the new Menzerna Sealant?
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just picked up a box here in LI NY
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Cat View Post
    I just grabbed a tub of AG HD Wax at Walmart this evening. Looking forward to giving it a try.
    I know it comes in a rather large box. How many ozs. is the tub?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99 View Post
    I know it comes in a rather large box. How many ozs. is the tub?
    its 5.3 oz or 150g`s
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr View Post
    its 5.3 oz or 150g`s
    Thanks for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got a box. It was over by the hand cleaner??? Anyways they had about 4 boxes and a bunch of applicators. Looks like it`s clearing up so I`ll try it out today.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information