Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    If Walmart can sell AutoGlym for $35 and they profit from it, just think what they make everytime PAC sells a tub. I`ll be honest, so far I am happy with AutoGlym. Worth the $45 I paid.

As for Swissvax, most products average $150 while Concorso is $246 and Paul Dalton`s Crystal Rock is $1,100. I`m sorry but there`s no way Crystal Rock costs that much to make.

Crystal Rock along with every other high priced wax likely cost less than $10.00 to make. For the most part you`re paying more for the container than you are the actually wax content.

I`ve tried many high end waxes and to be honest I couldn`t tell much difference from a 2k wax to P21s 100%. I also thought my black metallic car looked better with Blackfire WD than a $250.00 Carnauba wax.

How much can be done to any Carnauba wax on the market? It`s Carnauba wax, with likely bees wax and coconut oil along with many other oils. Some high end waxes contain silicone as well.

imo It`s all marketing BS and fluff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Checked our Walmart, no Autoglym there. Is is with the normal wax and stuff? I`ll have to check another tomorrow. I`m planning on detailing my truck this weekend and since I have a detail coming up, I`d like to try some before that. If anyone knows of some in Indy, let me know.
    It isn`t being stocked at all stores at once. They seem to be starting in California and working their way east as the weather warms up. I just looked last week and it wasn`t in Indiana yet either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
    It isn`t being stocked at all stores at once. They seem to be starting in California and working their way east as the weather warms up. I just looked last week and it wasn`t in Indiana yet either.
    I think it`s more like south to north. They`re in every Walmart I`ve visited so far here in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found some today at Walmart. They had 4 boxes and I grabbed 2 and two red applicators . I plan to get the other 2 and I`ll be set with this wax . I think it`s a great deal at 35.00 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn you warm weather people :wink:, keeping all the wax to yourselves. Well hopefully they have it here soon. I like the sheeting action, so I want to try some.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be missing something; if my wax sheets, how to I know when to reapply?

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    I think it`s more like south to north. They`re in every Walmart I`ve visited so far here in Florida.
    Someone in another forum said it was in California too. At this rate Indiana will get it in the fall!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Damn you warm weather people :wink:, keeping all the wax to yourselves. Well hopefully they have it here soon. I like the sheeting action, so I want to try some.

It was 86 today here in sunny AZ. I came home washed the car and applied a third application of BF sealant. Don`t worry, soon it will be too frikin hot here to do anything and we will be begging for winter. :devil:

:White Horse:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink View Post
    It was 86 today here in sunny AZ. I came home washed the car and applied a third application of BF sealant. Don`t worry, soon it will be too frikin hot here to do anything and we will be begging for winter. :devil:

:White Horse:
    Screw that! This has been one of the coldest winters I can remember here in Florida and personally I can do without it. There`s a reason I live here and not up north and the winters are not it!:partaaay:

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s hot here in Cali too. mid 80`s
    I`m going to apply a coat of AG HD when I get home .
    The walmart got some more in , so I`ll get another two and I`ll be good with AG HD for a long time .

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought me a box at a Lima, Ohio Wally store. I plan on dropping it on top of my Zaino. We`ll see.
    "Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history."
    -Roger The Shrubber

Post Thanks / Like
    So far it seems like a fine quality wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s really fuuny how so many people think Autoglym is gonna flop at Walmart. This is at least the third forum where I`ve seen discussions/announcements about this stuff being sold at Walmart. Just because he average Walmart shopper will think paying $35 for car wax is retarded that doesn`t mean that WE think that way. Considering how much stuff like Supernatural costs $35 for this high a quality wax is a steal in our eyes. It won`t matter if the typical Walmart shopper doesn`t buy this stuff because WE will!
    I would also like to reminf=d all of you that not everything that Walmart sells is dirt cheap. Take a look at their mixers next time you go there and let me know what you think about the $300 (YES $300) KitchenAid mixer. Or their LCD TV`s that cost more than $1000. Walmart sels things for less than their competitors but that doesn`t necessarily mean that everything that they sell is dirt cheap...
    And as far as thinking $35 is crazy price for a car wax...I really don`t think Walmart shoppers would be the only people to think that. Go in AutoZone and tell me what their most expensive wax casts. $20 IIRC and I`ve never seen anyone buy the stuff so I know Autozone shopper would think we were nuts too!
    I don`t think a lot of people wax their cars at all. They just take it through the swirl-o-matic when it gets dirty. They probably think we`re nuts for waxing our cars every month!
    Let me put it to you this way:
    If you need a flashlight where do you go and how much do you spend?
    I`m not gonna get one but what would you say if I told you you can buy flashlights for $300
    No matter what you like there`s gonna be somebody who thinks you`re nuts for spending your money on whatever it is...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Get that deal Flash:money: Just think, you can buy out the lot and resell:Innocent:

I am not sure why AG wants to sell to Walmart. To me the Walmart customer is not going to spend $35 on a tub of wax. Even though it is a GREAT deal, they are looking for Turtle Wax I would love to see the other AG products there, as I would love to try the wheel cleaner and some other products, but I just have so many waxes right now. From what I understand, most Walmarts in warm weather climates are getting stocked first and the cold weather climates should have them by the spring.
    bmw5541 i was at the walmart in riverdale today and they had it on the shelf. I would have got it but my wife would had killed me,and that`s not good :Boxing:

Plus i have too much already, getting ready for the season of detailing already have customers lining up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
    I think it`s really fuuny how so many people think Autoglym is gonna flop at Walmart. This is at least the third forum where I`ve seen discussions/announcements about this stuff being sold at Walmart. Just because he average Walmart shopper will think paying $35 for car wax is retarded that doesn`t mean that WE think that way. Considering how much stuff like Supernatural costs $35 for this high a quality wax is a steal in our eyes. It won`t matter if the typical Walmart shopper doesn`t buy this stuff because WE will!
    I would also like to reminf=d all of you that not everything that Walmart sells is dirt cheap. Take a look at their mixers next time you go there and let me know what you think about the $300 (YES $300) KitchenAid mixer. Or their LCD TV`s that cost more than $1000. Walmart sels things for less than their competitors but that doesn`t necessarily mean that everything that they sell is dirt cheap...
    And as far as thinking $35 is crazy price for a car wax...I really don`t think Walmart shoppers would be the only people to think that. Go in AutoZone and tell me what their most expensive wax casts. $20 IIRC and I`ve never seen anyone buy the stuff so I know Autozone shopper would think we were nuts too!
    I don`t think a lot of people wax their cars at all. They just take it through the swirl-o-matic when it gets dirty. They probably think we`re nuts for waxing our cars every month!
    Let me put it to you this way:
    If you need a flashlight where do you go and how much do you spend?
    I`m not gonna get one but what would you say if I told you you can buy flashlights for $300
    http://www.brightguy.com/products/Su...Flashlight.php
    No matter what you like there`s gonna be somebody who thinks you`re nuts for spending your money on whatever it is...
    I think most people think AG will flop at Walmart because they won`t sell enough of them to make it worthwhile for them. Sure, it`s great for people like us who wax their cars at least once a month, but you said yourself that you don`t think the average person even waxes their cars let alone pay $35 for wax. If Walmart doesn`t move enough of an item, they`re going to stop carrying that item and relegate the rest of their stock to the clearance aisle (A situation we`re all salivating over, I`m sure.) I just don`t think there are enough people like ourselves out there to make it worthwhile for Walmart to carry the wax.:StarWars:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information