Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried a few "higher end" waxes, not the stuff over a hundred bucks, if I ever pay for wax that cost that much, I`d consider having myself committed. But, AG HD for 35 bucks is a no brainer when the reviews are all positive and I`m curious about the sheeting vs beading action. I`d love to find something that sheets, and I hope this will. OK, why? well - have you ever had pollen stick to your car after a rain or find tiny little water spots after you thought you had "finished"? I have. And while it`s cool looking to see your car beading like crazy after a rain, it`s those little water spots that gripe my butt!

Did AG make a mistake going box store? Maybe, but say a guy is looking for a better wax, goes to Walmart - knows how the consumer lines look and last and decides, what the hell, I`m going to try this stuff. It`s expensive so it has to be better right. And just like my wax snob friends that insist that Swiss-mis intergalatic turbo is just so awesome - the Walmart guy looks at the car and thinks WOW - and tells his friends, and they, can`t be out done, buy some and so on and so on. I don`t think 35 bucks at WalMart will cause a stampede except by guys like us, but I think it will sell and I think AG is reaching a vast untapped market.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it`s worth, the spot that I applied AutoGlym on my wife`s spoiler sheets. I am not saying that this will be the final effect of the product, just what I have experienced so far on a small area such as a spoiler.

Post Thanks / Like
    My most expensive wax is Wolfgang Fuzion, but I only paid $100 for two tubs. I have yet to cross the $50 threshold for waxes. If it`s true with what the experts say (90% prep, 10% LSP), then I`d rather put my time into prep and let the LSP part take care of itself. That being said, I love variety and love to collect different waxes. I just won`t go over $50.

Personally, I think AG HD will not be successful at Walmart. As far as I know, it will be the only wax there with no cleaners in it. I`m sure there will be success at the beginning when the average Joe will try it out, but without any cleaning ability, it`s just not going to be able to make a car look better than a cleaner wax. Of course, I`m going with the assumption that the only prep will be the car getting washed (with Turtle Wax car soap if not Palmolive). Except for enthusiasts like ourselves, nobody is going to buy a second tub.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swiss - mis intergalactic turbo.:biggrin: Too funny.
    In a way I too would like to see it be successful. Maybe it would encourage some other mfgs. to sell some items OTC also. Be kind of nice not to have to pay shipping when I just need one thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, washed the car on Saturday, it`s raining/snowing - lovely...... can`t wait to try the AGHD on the wife`s SUV this weekend.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up some this morning at Wal Mart in Franklin, OH. Tried it on the roof of my Mustang. It went on and off very easy. It seem to be very reflective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked our Walmart, no Autoglym there. Is is with the normal wax and stuff? I`ll have to check another tomorrow. I`m planning on detailing my truck this weekend and since I have a detail coming up, I`d like to try some before that. If anyone knows of some in Indy, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ad they had in this months Car & Driver said they were at Advance Auto and Pepboys too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been to a few Advance Auto stores the last couple of days looking for stuff. I have not seen any AG HD. They do have the new Gold Class with carnauba though.:smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll check Advance, they have ultimate protectant from Meg`s I want to try anyways.

So is the new Gold Class better than say M26 (my standby on dark cars)? If so I`ll get some as it`s cheap and would be worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    I`ll check Advance, they have ultimate protectant from Meg`s I want to try anyways.

So is the new Gold Class better than say M26 (my standby on dark cars)? If so I`ll get some as it`s cheap and would be worth a try.
    I wouldn`t know. I`m still sitting on over two bottles worth of liquid GC and a used once or twice tin of paste GC. Might be a while before I get the new GC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post

I honestly think it`s the same stuff. I like it better than the original Gold Class, glides on and off so easy. Also, if you haven`t tried the new Ultimate Wash & Wax then you need to. I personally like it better than Gold Class Shampoo. And the Ultimate Protectant is great! A tip for using it: use a micro fiber applicator pad and work into the area you are applying it to. I followed up with a mf towel and buffed afterward. Great results. A little goes a long way with this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I`m going to try it then, for 10 bucks, might as well. I`ll try your tip on the Ultimate protectant too (and the wash and wax, I need more car soap anyways). Hopefully I find the Autoglym also, I like the sheeting effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    If new GC glides on and off easily, then it`s not the same as M26!:biggrin:
    I did open up a tin of new GC at Walmart and it does look like M26.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried AGHD yesterday and it`s nothing like a Megs product, it is (IMHO) the best wax I`ve used so far. OK - here`s the list and opinion:
    CG 50-50 - excellant, one to try for sure
    Souveran - easy to use, doesn`t last, but looks great
    Black Fire - alot like Souveran, I can`t tell them apart
    Megs 16 - old school but still good stuff,
    Megs 21 - ok, only wax that ever "sweated" on me
    FK 1000P - hated that sh!t, tried it once, chiseled it off
    FK Pink Wax - should be called "stink" wax
    Dodo waxes - the 4 hard/4soft tude sampler - there`s a reason that bird didn`t make it, seriously, they`re ok,nothing great at best
    Lusso Oro - another shoe polish like hard wax, hatd on, ````` to get off

YMMV

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information