Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    There stocked up here in the big M`Town. I`m just waiting on this project to fail so I can swoop in and buy that wax for $5 a tub Boo Hoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There stocked up here in the big M`Town. I`m just waiting on this project to fail so I can swoop in and buy that wax for $5 a tub Boo Hoo
    Get that deal Flash:money: Just think, you can buy out the lot and resell:Innocent:

I am not sure why AG wants to sell to Walmart. To me the Walmart customer is not going to spend $35 on a tub of wax. Even though it is a GREAT deal, they are looking for Turtle Wax I would love to see the other AG products there, as I would love to try the wheel cleaner and some other products, but I just have so many waxes right now. From what I understand, most Walmarts in warm weather climates are getting stocked first and the cold weather climates should have them by the spring.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to test Autoglym against Meg`s new Gold Class Premium paste, and to do this I used the spoiler on my wife`s black Cobalt. I first used Meg`s Ultimate Compound with an orange hand applicator. Then followed with Meg`s #7 Show Car Glaze. Finally I applied Autoglym to one half of the spoiler and applied Meg`s Gold Class Premium paste on the other half, leaving about a 1" section without wax. I called her out to look at the spoiler and pick the side she thought looked the best. In her words "The left side has more shine and looks darker". Amazingly she chose Autoglym!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Get that deal Flash:money: Just think, you can buy out the lot and resell:Innocent:

I am not sure why AG wants to sell to Walmart. To me the Walmart customer is not going to spend $35 on a tub of wax. Even though it is a GREAT deal, they are looking for Turtle Wax I would love to see the other AG products there, as I would love to try the wheel cleaner and some other products, but I just have so many waxes right now. From what I understand, most Walmarts in warm weather climates are getting stocked first and the cold weather climates should have them by the spring.
    That was my thinking, too. Walmart customers do not spend that kind of money on wax. They go with what they know, which is Turtle wax and Blue Coral. Walmart can`t be making any profit off what they priced it for, so I can see Autoglym being in the clearance aisle before summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure Walmart will make money from it. I`m sure AG had to give Walmart a good price in order to gain their distribution network. In any case, you have to wonder if Autoglym or any wax for that matter really cost that much to make. I mean, come on!. I like Fuzion a lot, but, aside from research and material costs, how much of the $175 for one tub of Fuzion is profit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    I`m sure Walmart will make money from it. I`m sure AG had to give Walmart a good price in order to gain their distribution network. In any case, you have to wonder if Autoglym or any wax for that matter really cost that much to make. I mean, come on!. I like Fuzion a lot, but, aside from research and material costs, how much of the $175 for one tub of Fuzion is profit?
    And the fact they give you one free refill and still profit from it. Just think about what Swissvax charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    AG HD is defenetely worth $35!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    And the fact they give you one free refill and still profit from it. Just think about what Swissvax charges.
    I`m not familiar with Swissvax, but Zymol Estate definitely comes to mind for me.ut:

Post Thanks / Like
    If Walmart can sell AutoGlym for $35 and they profit from it, just think what they make everytime PAC sells a tub. I`ll be honest, so far I am happy with AutoGlym. Worth the $45 I paid.

As for Swissvax, most products average $150 while Concorso is $246 and Paul Dalton`s Crystal Rock is $1,100. I`m sorry but there`s no way Crystal Rock costs that much to make.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just grabbed a tub of AG HD Wax at Walmart this evening. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    If Walmart can sell AutoGlym for $35 and they profit from it, just think what they make everytime PAC sells a tub. I`ll be honest, so far I am happy with AutoGlym. Worth the $45 I paid.
    Walmart beats the hell out of their suppliers on price. You can be sure they get a better price than PAC does. I`d bet Autoglym`s margin on the stuff they sell to Walmart is razor thin. May be worth it to get national exposure, but could be two-edged sword. Online vendors could drop them if sales tank due to it being cheaper at Walmart. Then their reputation as a premium brand gets eroded and they lose their ability to charge premium prices. Meantime price pressure from Walmart starts to force them into cost cutting, such as no longer including 2 applicators, then the towel goes, next the nice packaging, and finally changing the formula to save money.
    And after all of this it is still more money than people expect to pay for car wax at Walmart. So it winds up on clearance for $5. Only now Flash Gordon won`t swoop in to buy it all up. Because he knows that by now Autoglym`s reputation among the detailing community is shot and he won`t be able to unload it.
    Or, it may all just work out fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    When a student asked Bruce Lee about a techniqe, Bruce smiled and asked,"does it work?" The student said yes, and that point the Master said,"If it works, use it". The same with advice applies to a lot of situations, like AG at Wall Mart, the wax will stand on it`s on merit regardless of where you buy it, and I`m so friggin tired of dipsticks looking down their nose at WalMart, get over it ok, it`s a good store with great prices that employs more people than any other private company. I buy my groceries, shotgun shells, Wii games, oil, etc there and as of a few minutes ago, a nice box of AG HD!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Walmart beats the hell out of their suppliers on price. You can be sure they get a better price than PAC does. I`d bet Autoglym`s margin on the stuff they sell to Walmart is razor thin. May be worth it to get national exposure, but could be two-edged sword. Online vendors could drop them if sales tank due to it being cheaper at Walmart. Then their reputation as a premium brand gets eroded and they lose their ability to charge premium prices. Meantime price pressure from Walmart starts to force them into cost cutting, such as no longer including 2 applicators, then the towel goes, next the nice packaging, and finally changing the formula to save money.
    And after all of this it is still more money than people expect to pay for car wax at Walmart. So it winds up on clearance for $5. Only now Flash Gordon won`t swoop in to buy it all up. Because he knows that by now Autoglym`s reputation among the detailing community is shot and he won`t be able to unload it.
    Or, it may all just work out fine.

I agree ^ :w00t:

If I was an online distributor for AG. I would tell them to take there entire product line and jamm it where the sun don`t shine. Its unbeleivable to me what AG has done. They have slit there on throats :doh:

As for swooping up there product for the 5 spot.....:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    When a student asked Bruce Lee about a techniqe, Bruce smiled and asked,"does it work?" The student said yes, and that point the Master said,"If it works, use it". The same with advice applies to a lot of situations, like AG at Wall Mart, the wax will stand on it`s on merit regardless of where you buy it, and I`m so friggin tired of dipsticks looking down their nose at WalMart, get over it ok, it`s a good store with great prices that employs more people than any other private company. I buy my groceries, shotgun shells, Wii games, oil, etc there and as of a few minutes ago, a nice box of AG HD!

I agree ^ :w00t:

Wal-Mart is this best thing to happn to retail ever. If it wasn`t for Wal-Mart there is no telling how much Mom-n-Pop would be charging you for a box of laundry detergent. Competition is Always good :Swordfight:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Termigator View Post
    I felt the same way. Still tempting though. Maybe next month.:drool5:
    you better not wait too long with all the word getting out they move fast

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I actually agree with everything you said. I was just pointing out that there can be a downside to selling a premium product in a discount environment.
    I would feel the same way if AG was being sold at Target. And yes my response got a little tongue in cheek at the end. But you have to admit, everyone of us could give examples of products where quality has suffered for the sake of cost. Walmart is not the cause of this.
    But back to waxes. It is easy to lose perspective on these forums. After all how many of us own at least one $100+ wax? How many of us have multiple $50+ waxes? That is just crazy to most people(think about your neighbor who shakes his head and laughs when he see`s you detailing your car again)
    A $35 dollar tub of wax doesn`t make sense to these people. And why should it? After all Mothers & Meguiars at half the price are not junk.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information