Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gold Class

Post Thanks / Like
    Any detailing cheapskates like me?? Listen.

Went to the local Ross and saw some white towel which feels so smooth it is definitely the best I have seen and touched. It is marked as irregular on the price tag ($5.49). On the towel itself the sewed on tag has been cut off so don`t know what it really was. But there is a white stick on label instead probably put on after the original label was cut out.

The label:

Wamsutta

100% Cotton

100% Supima Cottom Loops

Made in USA RN 72191

837BXT.AST 08937

Now they happened to have a White Charisma for $4.99 (marked as 1st Qual) and tons of White Royal Velvet for $4.49.

The Wamsutta beats them all. The Wamsutta weight about the same as the Charisma which weights about 1/3 heavier than the RV. It is just significantly smoother than the fieldcrest when you slide your hand across it you can feel it instantly. It is just as plush and thick as the Charisma, but smoother.

They had 2. Got them without thinking twice. Left the Charisma on the shelf.

Tried it. Hold tons of water. No scratch.

Good luck finding one. You will love it.

If anyone knows what the original identity is please let me know. Really want to know.

(P.S. If tomorrow your Aunt tells you someone tries to steal the white towel from her shopping cart in Ross that person is definitely NOT me 8-)

Cheers, George.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it on a Bud commercial...

WAMSUTTA!!!!!
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turtle Wax now has cheap microfiber towels out. They are plush, do not seem to scratch, work as well as any other microfibers,and are only 2.99. Haven`t tested the longevity as I have only used it once.

Post Thanks / Like
    What size is the Turtle wax MF?? Will try it out.

Btw Wamsutta is made by Spring Industries; the same one who made the SpringMaid brand towel. I actually had 2 SpringMaid bath towel from Walmart for $4.99. IMHO they are better then Royal Velvet in terms of Plush/thickness/weight. They are about the same in smoothness.

The SpringMaid bath towel weight about the same as the Wamsutta and the Charisma. It is available in every Walmart and I recommend you to check it out as well.

George.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Charismas are made of Supima Cotton, also, as you report the Wamsuttas are. Sounds like you might be on to something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I discovered this forum and proper detailing in general I have been bumping bud with senior citizens in department store`s towel aisles everywhere 8-)

I think supima cotton is the highest grade cotton available.
    Check out: http://www.supimacotton.org/supima/cotton.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    gti -- now, that is being diligent! You tracked down the Supima Association !! Wow, who would have thought there even was one?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well remember the talk about diff. bet. Charisma and Charisma Select?? That got me interested into the difference in material used. I think both C. and C.S. use Supima cotton loops so the chance of them having different material are somewhat slim. I would agree the diff. in price could be due to size mostly.

But after these Wamsutta I am pretty sure there are a few towel out there that are better than the Charisma. (I hate to say this but the general opinion in this forum about towel seems to be that Charisma is the absolute best you can get).

Wow that`s $.02 from me, the cheapskate who enjoy bargain hunting while waiting for the Z2 to dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of these towels. The tag clearly says that both the loops AND the backing are "100% cotton", which sounds good.

I myself prefer the Charismas, but this could be because they new, while the Wamsuttas are a few years old. As we know, towels tend to lose their nap and pile over time, and my Wamsuttas have been through many washings. Still, though, they are nice towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    gti,

They look like 16 inches but I have not measured it.

Post Thanks / Like
    gti -- good thinking. I am experimenting with other towels, too. Not that the Charisma are not good, they are. Its just that I think the idea of this group is to keep moving forward and not to be close minded.

Post Thanks / Like

New Gold Class

Has anybody tried it yet? Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Easier to apply and remove than the original. The updated version also leaves a nice warmer glow.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Easier to apply and remove than the original. The updated version also leaves a nice warmer glow.
    Hey Nick,

If it`s Meguiars, I figured you must have tried itancing Dot:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    This new wax is pretty darn nice. Easy to use and a deeper look than the original. For 10 bucks, it`s well worth a try!
    [SIGPIC]www.clean4udetailing.com[/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information