Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my first-time-ever coats of Z-1 and Z-2 on the small car. Of course, there were crevices with water in them that the applicator dragged onto the surface I was working on. I`m sure this has been addressed before (I can be a lazy sh#t at times) but will this affect anything (I know subsequent layers of Z-2 renders the question moot but I`m wondering about the effect on what I`ve already put down).

A tip for new users of Eimann Fabrik H-I, wear glasses - over the last day I`ve managed to get this stuff in both eyes - ouch!

Finally, Jngrbrdman, I`m still chuckling about your trunk but what`s this do for your gas mileage?
    Bill Belichick for President - Romeo Crennel for Secretary of Defense!

1999 Mercedes Benz ML-320 (Mercedes price, Chrysler quality!)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (STi on order)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just let that part dry and wipe it off as you usually would. I haven`t noticed any problems even after subsequent coats.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will not hurt anything, my truck holds water everywhere and I knew this was going to a problem for me.As cybercowboy said just let dry as normal and remove no problems.My thread on this issue is probably on the first 2 or 3 pages.Have fun

Post Thanks / Like

BF Midnight Sun over BFWD on White

Several weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a jar of Blackfire Midnight Sun wax but the weather didn`t cooperate for a while (so I tried it on my laptop!).

A couple nights ago I couldn`t resist and decided to give it a go, only to have the new jar slide off the roof (Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant) and break open.

Angelo to the rescue! A new empty jar is on the way. Thanks PAC!

Back to Nelly my pearl white Sonata...

It was about 45*F when I waxed her. The BFMS wax is quite hard in the jar but it transfers to the applicator and spreads on the finish quite well. Removal is very easy with a mf cloth.

Getting a really wet finish over white isn`t always easy or obvious but BFMS over a base of BFWD gave a very wet finish with depth. The only minor downside is the pearl flake is a bit subdued/muted compared to a leading competetor to BFMS (less "pop" of the pearl flake). However, it is far ahead in wetness!

Anyway, trying to capture wetness and depth on a white or silver finish is challenging but I hope this pic gives you some insight to the wetness and depth of BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax on a bright white finish.

Regards,
    GEWB

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Several weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a jar of Blackfire Midnight Sun wax but the weather didn`t cooperate for a while (so I tried it on my laptop!).

A couple nights ago I couldn`t resist and decided to give it a go, only to have the new jar slide off the roof (Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant) and break open.

Angelo to the rescue! A new empty jar is on the way. Thanks PAC!

Back to Nelly my pearl white Sonata...

It was about 45*F when I waxed her. The BFMS wax is quite hard in the jar but it transfesr to the applicator and spreads on the finish quite well. Removal is very easy with a mf cloth.

Getting a really wet finish over white isn`t always easy or obvious but BFMS over a base of BFWD gave a very wet finish with depth. The only minor downside is the pearl flake is a bit subdued/muted compared to a leading competetor to BFMS (less "pop" of the pearl flake). However, it is far ahead in wetness!

Anyway, trying to capture wetness and depth on a white or silver finish is challenging but I hope this pic gives you some insight to the wetness and depth of BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax on a bright white finish.

Regards,
    GEWB

Looking great there GEWB, little Nelly new jar is on it`s way!...........:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wet on white is lookin` good!:w00t::thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Bill.

One day I`ll figure out how to take the perfect picture of a white car.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great GEWB. I can`t wait to try out this combo on my silver car. If only the temps would rise a bit.:banghead:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Bill.

One day I`ll figure out how to take the perfect picture of a white car.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Good Job Gary ,that looks like a mirror bud , Iam going to try the BF products on my black Cobra when I bring her out to play. 4 sure

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks STUNNING!!!! I`m thrilled that you enjoy the combination and on white!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    That looks STUNNING!!!! I`m thrilled that you enjoy the combination and on white!!!
    Thanks for your reply! As I posted, it`s difficult to photograph wetness and depth on a white car, but (if I say so myself) that pic did turn out pretty good.

BFMS over BFWD really took the white finish up a notch.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    The only minor downside is the pearl flake is a bit subdued/muted compared to a leading competetor to BFMS (less "pop" of the pearl flake).
    What product are you speaking of in this quote?

Thanks,
    Richard

Thread Information