Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I lack creativity like Brad and Brian.

Jason for my name

C for my last name initial

and 8301 for my schools # address.

Thinking about just changing it to Jason USMC....

well theres my 2 cents,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    mine comes from an old nickname i had back in my rock band playing days. i stole it from kurt russell`s character in escape from new york, snake plisskin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Like BradB. and others, I am creative and insightful with my handle. I am from Maryland, and I drive a BMW. I came up with this handle for a BMW forum that I frequent.

Lots of people have 325i or M3, and the like, in their handle`s, so I wanted to let everyone know that I was from the great state of Maryland. Hence MarylandBimmr. I use this handle on all of the sites that I visit. Now when I get my new tags, yup, you guessed it, MDBIMR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure you all know where the 330i comes from.

As for "Intermezzo", it is a reference to the several Intermezzi written by Johannes Brahms. As a huge fan of classical music, some of my favorite pieces come from Brahms` group of intermezzi. They aren`t exactly showcase pieces, but they certainly can be studied and interpreted in many different ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bolivar Belicoso Fino.... My favorite Cigar

Torpedo Shaped, rated 89 and 90 on Cigar aficionado.

I smoke one per week (something to do while waiting for Klasse to dry!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m one of the least creative people on earth!
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to surf on the south shore of long island and we would park in this tiny lot on the beach.

there was a street sign: "Road K".

further down the road, there was a "Road L" and so on.

but "Road K" was our favorite place to be (best waves), and the name always reminds me of summer and that 1974 VW bug i had at the time.
    Clean 2013 X1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheesh, you would think I could`ve come up with something more creative too. It`s my baby.........

I drive an 84 GTV 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fiveohhh! Well I own a Mustang 5.0, and just decided to type it out... not very creative, but gets the point across

Post Thanks / Like
    Scooby2, You are correct the film was directed by Reggio and was financed by Coppolla. I should have been more elaborate. I stand corrected. Nice to see another film buff in the crowd.
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    In the little town where I grew up, my father, Harold Ketcham, was know as "Ketch", and since I was his son, I was known as "Little Ketch".

By the time I was 14, I was then 6 foot tall and my father was still 5`7". But, still, I was "Little Ketch".

As I grew in the age, in the town, the business world, moved on with my life, people started calling me "Ketch" and did not even know my father.

It would get funny when I would be back in the old home town and Dad and I would go out for a drink or two.

When he would read an article in a automotive trade magazine that referred to Ron Ketcham, known as "Ketch" to his company and customers, you could see his chest grow large.

I carried forth the mantra of the family. My son, Rocky, does the same. He is a proud, "get it done correct", ex-Marine, don`t make excuses, just as his Grandfather and father. He is known as "Ketch" as well.

As time passed, things changed, as is the way of this world.

People would look at me, by then around 25 and 6`3", and say, "well, Ketch, and , aww, aww, Ron, da, da, da.

How did they handle this, simple, I was the one to carry the torch, as my son is doing now at 41.

My father passed away 3 years ago this coming March, but really loved the way that those in the industry call me "Ketch", he knew the posistion I had gained in an industry of which he never got as far, or even dreamed, was a validation of the way he raised me .

He knew that I was carrying on the birthright of the "Ketch" and it would be respected by the industry he loved.

So, since I am well known, can`t hide behind names, etc. I will remain the name that has a history of "do it right, or don`t do it at all!" and am proud to carry forth that tradition.

Ketch

(damned proud of it)

:up
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Brad B. [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I show an incredible lack of creativity. [/b]</blockquote>Brad, if what you have is a lack of creativity, I`ll happily buy a couple of tons of it....

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by arcticwhite [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>arcticwhite was a paint color offered by GM on certain C4 models of Corvettes. When I first began my search for a Vette about a year ago, I initially looked for an arcticwhite car as I liked the color.

You see what I ended up choosing instead. :p [/b]</blockquote>Bang goes my "Fog Chicken" theory...
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like
    Seemed fitting when I stumbled on this board.

Post Thanks / Like
    You were a little off on that one - but not by much.

Post Thanks / Like
    nt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information