Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    OK for the black stage 1 paint what would u recommend?
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    I will always say Klasse but that is only because I haven`t used Zanio yet. Klasse is fewer steps and from what I have done is really easy to maintain. Zanio makes some great stuff too but you have to have a box of it to do your car. Some die hard Zanio fan will probably disagree with me but I say try Klasse for a year and then try Zanio for a year and see which you like best.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    They`re both good products but I would say for black try the Klasse and Blitz combo. You can`t go wrong with either one though.
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    For single stage paint? I`ve used both Klasse (AIO, SG) and Zaino on my red single stage paint and I`d have to go with Zaino all the way. Its easier to apply and buff off than Klasse and I`d have to give Zaino the edge in the shine and depth department as well. I believe you`ll like your results with either product but for me its Zaino all the way.
    Anyone got a `96 Impala SS for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    The good news that you pretty much can`t go wrong with a choice between Zaino and Klasse ! Either way your car is going to look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino makes Z3 which was designed for cars with no clear coat. Check it out on the website or call sal for more info. I would try that out. As for Zaino being more steps than KLASSE..well, with KLASSE you use AIO, buff off, and then SG and buff off. With zaino, you Apply Z1, apply Z3 over it, and buff off. For additional layering coats, you just apply Z3 and buff off. Z1 is just required for the first application and then twice a year or every 5-10 coats. So you be the judge as to which is more steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I`ll go with Klasse since it requires fewer steps, is cheaper and requires less time. My time is very limited anyway. Thanks for the replies guys! Once again, I love this board!! :bounce
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you have the facts straight though. Zaino is actually less steps than KLASSE, and Z1 and Z3 are cheaper than KLASSE AIO and KLASSE SG. The KLASSE twins are like 40 bucks for the both, and Zaino Z1 and Z3 come to only 22 bucks. One bottle of Z3 should last you about 8-12 coats. As for time, you have to apply, let dry, and buff off for both systems.....a wash in my opinion. Again your choice, just making sure you have the facts straight. Finally, if slickness and water beading are important to you, there is no contest........

Post Thanks / Like
    DTKING:

Finally, if slickness and water beading are important to you, there is no contest........

So, who wins ?!?!?!? Did I miss something obvious?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats true DETAILKING, Zaino Z-1 & Z-2 is cheaper than Klasse AIO and SG, but remember, for Klasse you get 16.9 oz. (about 16 layers) bottles. For Zaino, you get 8 oz. (about 8 layers) bottles.

So for the price to product ratio, Klasse costs less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse is mixed in a detached garage. Zaino is mixed in an attached garage. There you go.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackmirror:

After using Klasse for about 4 months and then trying out Z a few weeks ago, I can tell you without any hesitation that Z is much easier to use. Both products give your car an unbelieveable shine and long-lasting durability (haven`t tried Z for very long yet, but Z`s durability is well documented in this forum), but Z is simpler and quicker. The drying time might be a little longer, but it wipes off much easier.

Buckslayer:

Z is much slicker.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see if one had many cars to detail that 16 ounces would be handy. 16 onces is certainly a handy size for the SG that is layered and used the most often. As for AIO though, most of us only put on one-two coats of that, and then don`t apply more till they are ready to start over 1-2 times a year. At that rate, of 4 coats of AIO a year, one bottle would last 4 years!!! Now that is very attractive price wise, but how long is the products shelf life? Again, not critizing, just asking. I found the sample sized (4 ounce) bottles of AIO and SG were plenty to apply multiple coats on my dad`s car. After I test durability for a few more weeks (it`s still beading after my last coat of SG that I applied heavy and kept on the car about 40 mins to one hour before buffing - THANK YOU SHOWROOM LINCOLN) I am tempted to purchase some Blitz and add a few coats of that. How many coats do you get out of one tin?

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem DK, I am glad I was able to help. Now, lets just hope the thicker layer of Klasse keeps beading.

P.S.-- Try the Blitz on your dads silver caddy. It made a huge difference in depth on my silver Lincoln.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> After I test durability for a few more weeks (it`s still beading after my last coat of SG that I applied heavy and kept on the car about 40 mins to one hour before buffing - THANK YOU SHOWROOM LINCOLN) I am tempted to purchase some Blitz and add a few coats of that. How many coats do you get out of one tin? [/b]</blockquote>
    DK, on a side note, I plan to keep using Klasse on my Civic. Can you tell me what the easiest way to remove the "thicker" applications of KSG was? QD? Damp MF? Damp cotton terry?

Also, was it thick enough so that you could actually see it hazing when it dried?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information