Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I see where this stuff could be bad news for both you and me :wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Personally I see where this stuff could be bad news for both you and me :wizard:

Or opportunity.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

Or opportunity.....
    Opportunity~Me for my customers to only wax there cars once a year instead of 12. I mean, if its still beading as good after 6 months as it was the day you apply it. I could see a problem here :doh:

Oppurtunity~PAC Oppurtunity for PAC to sell one can of wax a year instead of multiple :money:

Of course I would like a tub of this stuff for my on personal cars though :cornut:

Post Thanks / Like
    great test , and promising results.
    wonder what will be the removal process in case of body work , scratch removal ..etc.
    also does it change the color of the car (tinted , or lighter?), if needs touch up will be visible?...doesn`t look from pictures that change the color , but live with different lights and angles it may be different
    Cosmin
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Deep Gloss - Thanks Jason. I?m actually going to try to add something new to the test by adding small applications of a few different top LSPs to see how they last under these heavy detergent washes. Stay tuned.

Michakaveli- It sure does. There are endless opportunities for this product. Can?t wait to start testing some more.

Flash Gordon ? He He ? Thanks. And thanks for the heads up on my tags too.

BMW5541 ? Thanks Barry. I suggest going directly through Optimum for this product. Dr. G, being the creator, can answer your questions better than anyone else. He?s been a great help thus far.

Yalerd ? my pleasure. I?d like to put this product is going on everything I own. After I applied the coating to my car, I used the left over product on several other things like my detailing stool, my laptop screen (touch screen), cell phone and 4-wheeler plastic. They aren?t going through anything close to what my car is, but it truly feels like a winner. I can definitely confirm the scratch resistance on my touch screen as it?s a night and day difference in feel and scratches being added.

Rasky ? Thanks a lot man. I appreciate your opinion greatly. Again, unless PAC is adding this product to its arsenal, I suggest going directly through Dr. G. As far as the bonded contaminants go, yes, there?s very noticeable difference in the 2 sides. Especially the rear bumper. Hardly any rust particle development on the coated side of the rear body section. A slight bit on the other. Hard to capture on film. One thing for sure is that my car is covered in a light mist of overspray from being parked at multiple Body Shops throughout the day. There is a very noticeable difference on my windshield on the coated side as there isn?t any on the coated section where my wipers pass over. The coating has allowed the overspray to shed off with the wet friction of my wipers.

TimG ? Thanks man. Glad you?re enjoying it.

th0001 ? you?ve felt the power of the Coating for sure!! :StarWars: This product will surely be a prosperous venture for us. Can?t wait to take this whole concept to a totally different level!!

CosminTX ? Thanks Cosmin ? If a panel requires refinishing, the Bodyman will have no problem going through this coating to prep the panel. There is no silicone like waxes or sealants that *could* interfere with the refinish process. Scratch removal, although there will be a much lesser chance of the surface getting scratched, should be a little more challenging than an uncoated one. This coating is rock hard and can be polished, but removing it would be extremely difficult. Most likely sanding will need to be incorporated and is one of the reasons why so many safeguards are being instituted by the folks at Optimum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, you may have to sand the panel down to polish it? Thats the only thing I am disliking of this product, unless I read that wrong. BTW thanks for doing this test and keeping up with it for everyone to see. I would love to buy this and use it on clients vehicles but selling the "once a year wax" or longer may be an issue. I wouldn`t believe it so how is someone else not going to think I am just taking their money? We`ll see what happens. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I can definitely confirm the scratch resistance on my touch screen as it?s a night and day difference in feel and scratches being added.

Scratch removal, although there will be a much greater chance of the surface getting scratched, should be a little more challenging than a uncoated one.
    David,

I am a little confused by these 2 sentences. would you say this will be more scratch resistant or less?

I contacted the good doctor and would like to know your opinion before I place an order.

Rich
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobilejay View Post
    Damn, you may have to sand the panel down to polish it? Thats the only thing I am disliking of this product, unless I read that wrong. BTW thanks for doing this test and keeping up with it for everyone to see. I would love to buy this and use it on clients vehicles but selling the "once a year wax" or longer may be an issue. I wouldn`t believe it so how is someone else not going to think I am just taking their money? We`ll see what happens. Thanks again.
    Send them a link of this test.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymountaindetail View Post
    David,

I am a little confused by these 2 sentences. would you say this will be more scratch resistant or less?

I contacted the good doctor and would like to know your opinion before I place an order.

Rich
    Go forward with your order. I corrected my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can this product be applied to rubber trim? If there was any spill over on to rubber trim what did it look like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Still got another [at least] 2 more years to go ... will see if you are still as bubbly!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well your review sold me on this stuff David...my Opti-Coat is on it`s way! :smile:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ View Post
    Can this product be applied to rubber trim? If there was any spill over on to rubber trim what did it look like?
    Optimum doesn`t suggest, recommend or market it to be appied to anything other than a glass, painted or hard plastic surface AFAIK, but I would be tempted to try it. I have it on multiple areas that are textured plastic and they are glossy and beading water very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby Davis View Post
    Still got another [at least] 2 more years to go ... will see if you are still as bubbly!!!!
    I`ll most likely not have this car after 2 years, but I`d take a good guess it will still be there well beyond this point. If it`s still going strong on my windshield after 1000`s of wiper blade strokes, I`m pretty certain it will still be on the rest of the car for a longggg time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Well your review sold me on this stuff David...my Opti-Coat is on it`s way! :smile:
    Good to know. Please let us know how this product works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    This stuff seems unfazed by whatever you throw at it! A product that lived up to its hype, when the F` does that happen! :thumbup:

Have you attempted to remove any of it just to see what it takes to get it off, im guessing some very serious compounding or is there something liquid that could fade it?
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    This stuff seems unfazed by whatever you throw at it! A product that lived up to its hype, when the F` does that happen! :thumbup:

Have you attempted to remove any of it just to see what it takes to get it off, im guessing some very serious compounding or is there something liquid that could fade it?
    Nope, other than Dawn & Touchless Washes I haven`t tried anything else to remove the coating. I`m sure any product that removes/melts cured paint could remove this coating. Problem is you`d most likely damage the surface under the coating as you break through it. That`s one of the reasons why Optimum incorporated a liability release for it. If applied properly there really isn`t a need to remove this product. If a coated panel requires refinishing, basic paint prep is unchanged by a Body Shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be interesting to take a white panel, make a mark with a permanent marker, apply Opti-Coat and let it cure, then see just how much polishing it will require to remove it.

I don`t have a white test panel at this time (all mine are black) but it would be an interesting test.

I could use my dryer I guess!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information