Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Ah, that`s different. As to product brands / names, I have a small stash of stuff and as it gets used up I replace or add others to gain experience.

Like most enthusiasts I started with typical over the counter retail stuff - I still use some of those products such as Clay Magic clay bar and Blue Coral car wash in the winter (works OK on the mag-chloride). Sinse I caught OCDD my stash of quality products has grown and my wallet has gotten thinner...

As to specific brands, that might be better served as a new thread.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Ok, now about the new thread,is that on you or me ? ancing Dot:
    We aint going any where,its on you bud ..:biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Ok, now about the new thread,is that on you or me ? ancing Dot:
    We aint going any where,its on you bud ..:biggrin:
    How about you starting a new thread in the "Newbie Questions and Answers " section? Keep the question broad and open ended to invite ideas and opinions from forum members. While brand names of products are interesting, I think the type of products used / techniques to use are of greater benefit (brand names can be mentioned to give as examples).

When I recognized my knowledge, skills, techniques and materials were lacking in order to achive the results I desired, I made the commitment to get serious about detailing. First I invested the time to read and learn, then invested the money to purchase the basic quality materials (not the most expensive but a step or two above what I had used for years), and finally I invested more time to gain skills from the application of the knowlege and use of the materials. Following that I invested the money and time to begin using a polisher.

Your path may be different, it may be similar. Post your question(s) based on your proposed learning and purchase path. Request feedback on your proposed approach with specific brand products as a secondary request - you`ll be initiating a lively thread!

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    How about you starting a new thread in the "Newbie Questions and Answers " section? Keep the question broad and open ended to invite ideas and opinions from forum members. While brand names of products are interesting, I think the type of products used / techniques to use are of greater benefit (brand names can be mentioned to give as examples).

When I recognized my knowledge, skills, techniques and materials were lacking in order to achive the results I desired, I made the commitment to get serious about detailing. First I invested the time to read and learn, then invested the money to purchase the basic quality materials (not the most expensive but a step or two above what I had used for years), and finally I invested more time to gain skills from the application of the knowlege and use of the materials. Following that I invested the money and time to begin using a polisher.

Your path may be different, it may be similar. Post your question(s) based on your proposed learning and purchase path. Request feedback on your proposed approach with specific brand products as a secondary request - you`ll be initiating a lively thread!

Regards,
    GEWB
    I know what your saying,and I appreciate that.First,I realize we have different types of formulations and its important to understand the differences.The other issue is there is always hype and advertising to promote the sales of products,I look at that this way,inexperienced detailers will end up with a garage shelf full of products,they will learn by their own use what performs to there expectations.
    I have two shelves of products in the garage now, all of them I have bought numerous times,because they have worked fine, everyone ,is always looking for a better mouse trap,a new product hits the shelves at auto zone (chaching) and Joe at home detailer wannabe tries it out....hehe ,been there ,done that.
    When ,I beat up the forums reading stories about mistakes its almost always the same stuff,people think more is better,they load down an applicator like mayonnaise and start rubbing like hell on their paint,first of all,there may have been contaminants on the finish,then they grind it in with too much product and make a damaging mess.
    I think I personally have pretty good working knowledge of chemicals,their composition and differences in longevity ,I think the more of a learning curve is discovering what chemicals layer best together after curing,and they may very well be different brands.
    :smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    I know what your saying,and I appreciate that.First,I realize we have different types of formulations and its important to understand the differences.The other issue is there is always hype and advertising to promote the sales of products,I look at that this way,inexperienced detailers will end up with a garage shelf full of products,they will learn by their own use what performs to there expectations.
    :smile:
    Well, you came to the right place for discussion - Jack, et al, started the site to provide the Truth In Detailing. Members and admins here keep the discussions clean, don`t push brands, and don`t tolerate sniping people/products/brands...very refreshing!

(BTW, I`ve got some hardly used stuff in my stash, too...)

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you came to the right place for discussion - Jack, et al, started the site to provide the Truth In Detailing. Members and admins here keep the discussions clean, don`t push brands, and don`t tolerate sniping people/products/brands...very refreshing!

(BTW, I`ve got some hardly used stuff in my stash, too...)

Regards,
    GEWB
    I can agree with that ,and as I re-read what I posted,I wasnt trying to imply that there is hype here....not at all, it seems straight forward and informative.
    :biggrin:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another idea for us to look at..............:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information