Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good tip. Stay away from vehicles that you can see have kids in them. In addition to just throwing open doors without thinking twice, they often don`t think very much about playing or running around your car either. I always seem to get kid fingerprints all over my car when I go to the mall or grocery store.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see this all the time in NJ shopping malls. A person will park their shiny new sports car diagonally across (2) parking spots! When I see this, I know that this person is just begging for trouble. Too tempting for an adolescent teen to resist!!

No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s see, two sure ways.

1. a pair of hungry Pit Bulls chained to each end of the vehicle

2. Some of those little anti-personel mines we had in Nam posistioned carefully around the perimeter.

Works everytime!!

:bounce
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    someone parks diagnally in a parking space! Especially when the next closest space is in the back of the lot! Where is a cop when you need one? Or a tow-truck for that matter!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are, Autopian`s Car Protection firm (ACP) operated and owned by JasonC8301.

Provides car protection from keying, dings, dents, kids, teens, adults, jealous people, bird bombs, disgruntled ex`s, you name it, we can protect it!

Shop with confidence that your car will be protected!

We are serving the NY/NJ area, please call 1-800-AUTO-ACP, thats 1-800-AUTO-ACP.

We are uniformed/armed/ready to take a bullet for your car and we are fully insured.

LOL! Just Kidding, you know how much that would cost?????

It would be good if we could have a family member or friend do this while we shop.

LAter,

JAson

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, locking you in my car on a hot day would be considered neglect and would get me arrested no thanks
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    forgot to mention you lock the car and we stand next to it. Along with a Lincoln Navigator/really big car parked on either side of your car to protect it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Park in the employes lot. There is less of a chance the will go home while you are there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must confess........

When I was "much" younger a bunch of us went to the mall, we all had crappy cars and just seeing the boneheads stock corvette parked sideways was an open invitation.......

Yep, we parked our cars about 1" in front and behind the `vette, left em there for the rest of the evening, about 6 hours. Luckily when we went back the guy was alone and real pissed.....but there was about 7 of us guys and he didn`t say much.

This was before people started packin` guns and stuff too.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Been me, as I walked up and saw a bunch of kids doing that, would have the phone on 911 and watched the fun start.

Think your folks would have made bail??
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess they coulda got us for bein` mean!

We were actually parked legally, ya know, within` the painted lines!!

I`m a much nicer, more patient person now

A lot older too :p

Post Thanks / Like
    I avoid parking in the back because of theft issues. I did that some time ago with another car and it got broken into.

I try to park as close to the front as possible to avert those issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always park in the south forty. Referring to the south forty acres of the parking lot. I`d rather walk the distance than to have some dipstick ding my doors.
    1968 Mustang, GT/CS, California Special, Original Owner

1972 Kona ski boat, 455 Olds

2001 Chevrolet Suburban (black)

Post Thanks / Like

can you match a sealant or wax to a particular

car manufacturers finish they put on their cars? is there a difference in the paint finish of the german carmakers vs. japanese vs. american and how you detail them? i`ve read in other forums where people talk about the "hardness" of the clearcoat on german (mercedes) cars. i realize the results of our efforts can be quite subjective, but perhaps those with many more years of experience would comment i.e. what sealant or wax you`d use on a bmw versus an infiniti. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t found an LSP I wouldn`t use on any paint/manufacturer - either wax or sealant. The big variables for me are the products used to correct the paint in getting ready for the LSP and there are many different products I like for certain paints with regard to correcting.

I have found certain LSP`s I like the looks of but that decision is mainly based on the color of the vehicle - not the manufacturer`s paint.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information