Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am dissapointed with the viking wash mitts. The 100% cotton chenelle white ones. The cotton is thin and when it is wet the foam backing is touching the car. Also, the seam is pretty rough and I am afraid it might scratch the car. The older ones were designed differently....

I am afraid to use an lambs wool or synthetic wash mitts....What do you recommend for a forgiving scratch free, swirl free wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the synthetic sheepskin wash mitt that you can buy @ Wal-mart for about $10 bucks. Its soft and works great. I can`t really say how well it works on heavily soiled finishes cuz my car dosent get that dirty. But it does seem to remove the small amount of dirt from my car`s paint safely.

Id say if your that worried about getting swirl marks, order CMA`s microfiber wash mitt, just my .02 cents.

Hope this helps....

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the cma MF mitt and I do like how it treats the paint. Great nap with grip, very soft much like the plush side of an mf towel. It seems durable but its too early to judge that. The only complaint I have is that it fits a little weird compared to the traditional mitt. Kind of like a potholder.. it has no cuff or thumb.

If it holds up then its worth the price.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently, I use sheepskin mitts. I believe they are synthetic, but it says "genuine Austrailian sheepskin" on the package. It cost me $8 for 3 from Costco, and are exactly the same as Top of the Line`s, which is $7.50. (http://www.topoftheline.com/lamwoolshamm.html) It looks and feels pretty plush when dry, but the nap seems to be bunched up together when too wet.

Not the best mitt in the world, but considering the price and availability, it`s fine for me. It doesn`t scratch the black paint of my 325i if used very carefully.

I would recommend Tim`s or CMA`s Chenile wash pads which many people like.

~BW

Post Thanks / Like

I use a $.99 sponge from WalMart. No scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    it kinda left very minute and fine scratches in the paint

and sealant. Since it is sythetic and designed to last a long time, those attributes also lend it to scratching if

used forcefully. You may have to replace cotton more often,

but to me it`s worth it in the long run as it is absorbent

and easy to use. Seasponge would be my second choice (1st if

they were not so expensive!) because it`s soft, absorbent

and has lot`s `o holes for soap and dirt to be drawn into.

When I had one, it got better as it got older because it soffened up and really got the suds going, as well as being

a gentle cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about using 100% cotton terry towels to wash your car? will they cause scratches?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using a sea sponge to wash at a bay, huh? Sounds appropriate

I was the guy at the store trying to choose between the synthetic viking mitt versus the real natural viking lambs wool or whatever it was. Anyway I was torn cause I don`t like the idea of cleaning with hair so I eventually went for the fake stuff (seemed softer and longer in nap). I was tempted to go back to my car and do a CD test right then and there.

Which one is the better of the two?

RH my sponge was $2 therefore it is twice as better as yours with twice as less scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 Waxes - Top 5 Sealants

Okay, to start, this is PURE opinions I am seeking and I know there is NO right or wrong answer here but I am trying get a feel for what the consensus would be.

So, read this question carefully. I am not asking (necessarily) what YOUR opinion is, but what you think the "general detailing world" opinion is of the top 5 waxes and top 5 sealants.

My reason for asking is that I want to see if I can get some sort of consensus because I`m going to try to get the most often recommended products on each side and try them out against one another.

So, I REPEAT, I will start not with what I think are the five best of each, but what I think I read the most about.

Waxes:

1. Souveran (probably the most written about).

2. Dodo Supernatural

3. P21s

4. Poorboy`s Natty Blue

5. Collinite 476s??? (maybe)

*didn`t include Midnight Sun because other than on this board I don`t see too much hype about it elsewhere.

Sealants:

1. Z2Pro (or Z5Pro)

2. Klasse SG

3. Blackfire Wet Diamond

4. Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

5. FK1000P or UPGP or Opti Seal

(Again, if you disagree, you might be right and probably are, but I want to know which 5 you think "the detailing world" seems to think are the 5 best).
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol Vintage is abscent from the list. Nothing I would ever buy, but if the objective is what the "detailing world" thinks are the best, it should be included on the list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mobenzowner View Post
    Zymol Vintage is abscent from the list. Nothing I would ever buy, but if the objective is what the "detailing world" thinks are the best, it should be included on the list.
    Yes. Interesting thought except that I don`t know if I`ve ever read about anyone actually using it and I`m not convinced it is viewed as "one of the best" or "one of the most expensive" or if those are one in the same.

You might be right though, although not sure I`m going to splurge for some Vintage! LOL
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    They used to talk about it quite a bit over on another forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Okay, to start, this is PURE opinions I am seeking and I know there is NO right or wrong answer here but I am trying get a feel for what the consensus would be.

So, read this question carefully. I am not asking (necessarily) what YOUR opinion is, but what you think the "general detailing world" opinion is of the top 5 waxes and top 5 sealants.

My reason for asking is that I want to see if I can get some sort of consensus because I`m going to try to get the most often recommended products on each side and try them out against one another.

So, I REPEAT, I will start not with what I think are the five best of each, but what I think I read the most about.

Waxes:

1. Souveran (probably the most written about).

2. Dodo Supernatural

3. P21s

4. Poorboy`s Natty Blue

5. Collinite 476s??? (maybe)

*didn`t include Midnight Sun because other than on this board I don`t see too much hype about it elsewhere.

Sealants:

1. Z2Pro (or Z5Pro)

2. Klasse SG

3. Blackfire Wet Diamond

4. Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

5. FK1000P or UPGP or Opti Seal

(Again, if you disagree, you might be right and probably are, but I want to know which 5 you think "the detailing world" seems to think are the 5 best).
    I would put tem in this order:
    1. Souveran

2. Fuzion

3. P21s or Pinnacle Sig Series II

4. Poorboy`s Natty Red

5. Collinite 915

As for the sealants:
    1. Z2Pro (or Z5Pro)

2. Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

3. Blackfire Wet Diamond

4. Klasse SG

5. FK1000P or UPGP or DG 105

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Fuzion
    2. Souvern
    3. Pinnacle Sig. Series 2
    4. Nattys Red
    5. CG 50/50
    1. BFWD
    2. FMJ
    3. Collie 845
    4. Wolfgang 3.0
    5. CGJS 109

One Trick Pony
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a hard time concentrating on posts from User Name because of that avatar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information