Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Beau,

You are correct in assuming that us newbies will get disillusioned. As in anything a person wishes to accomplish, it takes time and practice. We all start out as newbies, but through experience we can become weekend professionals. The one thing needed is guidance, and I believe that folks like you and Don provide that on this forum. Many of us would never try using Klasse,3M, or other high-end products if it were not for your posts. While I am not experienced in using these products, my 28+ years of maintaining cars will come in handy. I`ve always prided myself on keeping my cars looking their best. Now, I want to reach that next level of detailing. With the sound advice, and products, on Autopia, I can at least strive to make it happen.

Tschus

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add my two cents....I am still relatively new at all of this, but the one thing I have learned is to give yourself plenty of time to do the job right. I have a Tahoe and in the beginning, would always rush to finish in time (whatever job it was) and it would never look as good as I would have liked. May sound obvious to most on this site, but the job always looks better when I am not rushed. Thanks all for the great advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beau is right on the money. My wife thinks I am often crazy for spending so much time on a "car". Over time however, she has appreciated the results I have achieved on her 2001 Mustang.

One thing you do need is time. I have spent many Saturday afternoons cleaning my wheels, washing the car, and then...RUSH< RUSH...got to get the tires dressed, got to dress the trim around the windows....got to put one coat of Rain-X on all windows..know the wife is waiting to go out to dinner etc..

I wised up. I now wash once per week. Then when I really need to do a polishing/sealing/detailing job, I set up a date in advance.

Say I pick a Saturday to detail. Fri night I wash the car thoroughly,dry it and park it in the garage. Then early Saturday morning, say around 7 am, I begin working with the Porter Cable with a polish, wait a few hours, apply the AIO with porter cable, again wait a few hours, then apply the SG, and continue to layer on SG as the afternoon progresses.

This allows me time to really work and not RUSH. I can work out swirls, polish, and then seal in, all the while allowing plenty of time for the layers to cure in between. I have also found I enjoy the job so much more when I have time to grab a beer or two, and really "get into" the job.

Again, don`t know how many married folks are on this board, but I find that letting the "other half" know when I want to plan my "day of detailing" helps me have time, reduces the "nagging", and produces a better finish.

Most of you folks probably already do this type of thing..but for those of you out there with spouses who don`t understand the joy you get from detailing. This type of thing might increase your time to work, and reduce the "earful" you receive from your spouse about your hobby.

Who knows, you might even get your spouse to "catch the fever"?!

SJ

Post Thanks / Like

BF WD passes the "white" test on Ford GT...

First white car I have done using the blackfire, yea still impressed with it...

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! now where is the rest of the story and pictures.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Looks great! now where is the rest of the story and pictures.
    Too many writeups at once. Ford GT, Carerra GT, MC12 and Diablo, all with blackfire... I want a major discount on my next order for pumping the b- fire on the forums with all these hot vehicles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man Street Dreams you get to work on the best cars. I let my neighbor use some WD on his new white vette and it looks great. He used alot thou

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broker99 View Post
    Man Street Dreams you get to work on the best cars. I let my neighbor use some WD on his new white vette and it looks great. He used alot thou
    Generally speaking I do not do exotics very often. STi`s, M3`s and a lot of Porsches are what mostly comprise my business (just a basic outline of the type of cars I get)

I recently landed some good accounts with some fine autos so for now I am very happy... and very tired. 5 cars in 7 daysut:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Generally speaking I do not do exotics very often. STi`s, M3`s and a lot of Porsches are what mostly comprise my business (just a basic outline of the type of cars I get)

I recently landed some good accounts with some fine autos so for now I am very happy... and very tired. 5 cars in 7 daysut:

Good for you. You do some great work. It will be great to see the write ups when you have the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the great work.

Love those cars, they sure are a beast on the road too. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    I like BFWD on white cars also... nice GT!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it on my white car and I love it.

Great results!!
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work on that GT. It looks amazing. More proof that BFWD is the BEST sealant out there!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to come back and see the GT, looks awesome!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post

So now you are tired.................... STTTTeeeepppp yyyoooouuuurrr ggggaaammmmeee uuuupppp, PLAYA(lmao).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information