Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new 2002 Acura, Aegean Blue Pearl. I have a nice Maple tree in my front yard that drops little sap droplets on my car. Looks almost like fine rain drops. Well I cut the tree back as much as I could(my fiance has told me I go before the tree) but I still get the drops. I don`t have garage and I try to park away from the tree.

I tried using a California Duster on the car and then using Final Inspection with a Miracle towel on the whole car. This did a great job removing the sap. I wash my car 1-2 times per week and I have a coat of Blitz wax that is only a week old on the car.

My question-Is this the right thing to do-The duster then a QD? The Duster does not smear the sap.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s what I do.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Should I do it everyday? I`m assuming I don`t want to let it stay on the finish overnight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get rid of the girl and the tree.

As far as your technique goes, it sounds good. If you get in a bind, I beleive (someone confirm this for me) you can use rubbing alcohol to remove any sap that is not removable via FI.

Good luck with your new Acura, the Blue pearl is a sweet color!

Post Thanks / Like
    That probably isnt sap from the tree. Most likely its the drippings from an insect called an aphid. Call someone with a pesticide applicators license and have them take a look at it for ya. If you live in Washington let me know and I`ll hook you up. Oh yeah, dont ever park under the tree during a rain or you`ll have the ugliest streaky mess you`ve ever seen. It`ll strip the wax right off your car.
    Anyone got a `96 Impala SS for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

best sealant/wax to use on a lacquer paint job

Ok I got one for you guys. I have an old jaguar that a friend of mine has. It is a Mid 70`s roadster and has a beautiful black paint job on it. But is now covered in swirls scratches and everything else from poor washing to everyday driving.

my question is what if anything do you do differently when starting with one of these cars? If there is a write up on this site, just post a link, I couldnt find one though

Im just curious since it doesnt have a clear coat over the top of it, what can I use without harming the original finish. I came out of the autobody world. I spent most of my time working on semi-trucks/trailers. So I know a ton about the new age single stage paints, but im way to young to ever have shot a true lacquer paint. My friends dad that restores classic jags would be the first person I typically would ask in this scenario but he is out of town. Plus he isnt up to date on new products like you all are

So any input/advice would be greatly appreciated. i will be detailing this car after I get back from a little vacation to Las Vegas I am leaving tomorrow and coming back Monday. :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    I would approach it pretty much the same as a clear coat paint. The paint should be pretty soft and easy to correct, depending on your machine/approach. Obviously you will get paint transfer to your pads, nothing to worry about. Glazes work well on this type paint, something to consider,(EZ Creme, DWG, or even Blackfires Gloss Enhancing polish) Then top the glaze with a wax/sealant. Zaino Z5 Pro or Blackfire WD would be good choices. PS. You didn`y say what machine you will be using or your pads choices, or is this by hand?

Thread Information