Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zaino Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino`s website does a pretty good job explaining things, if you can add sugar to your coffee you can use Zaino. Good stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool View Post
    Zaino`s website does a pretty good job explaining things, if you can add sugar to your coffee you can use Zaino. Good stuff
    Good point. Go the the Zaino website and click on "Application" and "Tips & Tricks". It should give you a good start.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put it on thin! I can`t express that enough. You need to just wipe the car with the applicator evenly. Don`t worry about seeing the product on the car. When I started using it I would use about an oz. per coat and it was way too much. It made it "sticky", sorry but that`s the only word I could come up with to describe it. After alot of trial and error , rewashing with Z10 to remove said "stickiness", I found that one oz. would coat a medium size car almost 3 times. The same can be said about Z6....Very lightly!

To me it seems that it should be thinner, to be more user friendly. But I am not a chemist so maybe they tried that already.

On the other hand there are some top detailers around the country, th0001, rickrack, auto concierge, among others that use Blackfire. So I might try to persuade you to give it a try instead. It is much easier to use and if the look that it gave wasn`t prime I don`t think they would use it.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    i belong to a corvette forum that swears by zaino. when i posted i had found something better in blackfire. you`d have thought i said there is no such thing as a higher power, i was just about crucified for making that statement...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like both Blackfire and Zaino, still tho in my opinion, Z2Pro and Blackfire are not the same "looks" wise. Each has there own distinctive look. For example, on my single stage black van, Blackfire seemingly darkens the paint, making it look really black and glossy, while Z2 Pro adds more of a reflective, glassy look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool View Post
    I like both Blackfire and Zaino, still tho in my opinion, Z2Pro and Blackfire are not the same "looks" wise. Each has there own distinctive look. For example, on my single stage black van, Blackfire seemingly darkens the paint, making it look really black and glossy, while Z2 Pro adds more of a reflective, glassy look.

I agree completely.

I`m a long time Zaino user but am trying Blackfire on my truck. On a dark red metallic, Blackfire is not as glossy and reflective as Z2. Slickness and water beading is about the same.

Blackfire is a nice product if you want something a little simpler than Zaino, but there are definite differences between them.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, Blackfire & Zaino each have their own distinctive qualities. I`ve been reaching for Zaino on Metallics these days. I like how it makes the finish look like a blizzard of metallic popping out at you in the sun. BF is awsome on solids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tucson, if you already have Zaino you might want to pick up some Blackfire and do a comparison for your conditions. Maybe see which product looks good on your vehicle and go from there. With the huge momentum gathering with Blackfire it may be preferrable for you.

With regard to Zaino application, as previously mentioned USE EXTREMELY THIN LAYERS and make sure the paint is completely free of any inhibiting materials! I almost always use Zaino All In One prior to any Z polish applications to insure the paint is clean and ready to receive the very thin layer of final Z polish. That`s a concept for most if not all LSP`s anyway and is a good practice. If you don`t have ZAIO, a good iso alc wipedown will work.

Again, as previously mentioned, the Zaino website offers great application tips and tricks for you to read up on and there`s plenty of user expertise here for follow up questions. Good luck and keep us posted. There may be others who have similar questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I want to thank all of you for the great input`s and comment`s. I did take a look a Zaino`s website and they do a great job of pointing you to the right products for the right applications. I`ve been using Blackfire products for a long time on my own cars and those that I detail. Love the products, but I`ve heard some much about Zaino products, I had to find out what everyone thought...again, thanks for the great feedback....

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

1st time here

I just picked up my 2010 Honda Accord in black on black. This is my first black car and am going to take it to get detailed this week to get ready for winter. I am trying to figure out what to give them to us on it and I`m lost. I sent for this stuff called 5star shine. Then I started reading more and found this Blackfire and other stuff what do I have them use on the car??

Post Thanks / Like
    A few thoughts on Zaino and Blackfire (now that I feel like I`ve used both long enough to be classified as an "expert" - LOL).

I`ve never really been skilled at noticing differences between the looks of any LSP. I`m not 100% convinced 1 product EVER looks better than any other, except, maybe, possibly, potentially, with a small probability... Z2Pro made my car just tad, wee-bit, tiny inkling more "glossy" than anything else I`ve used.

Did I qualify that enough to cover my arse?

Seriously though... I think I did notice a bit more shine with Zaino than anything else but my preference is still Wet Diamond. I prefer it because to me, it is:

1. Easier to use than Z2Pro.

2. MUCH slicker than Z2Pro (I think this is where I probably differ from most of the Z-lovers). I`ve seen the Zaino youtube videos with spiders that can`t crawl on the car and so on and so forth, but when all things are equal, IMHO, Wet Diamond BLOWS Z2Pro or Z5Pro out of the water on slickness. The closest thing I`ve ever seen to Wet Diamond is Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.

3. Wet Diamond is much cheaper (for me). In Canada, Wet Diamond is much cheaper than Zaino. Not even close.

4. Durability - Doesn`t matter to me. I redo my ride every 6-8 weeks.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Has anyone on this site have ever used 5star shine?

If it is no good I can still cancel my order and get the Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cancel your order:smile: Once you use Blackfire you`ll know what we are all talking about...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick question, where do you get Blackfire that has a good price in Canada if I may ask?

I found it to be a bit expensive at the sites I visit.
    Maybe there is a place I have not considered.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    A few thoughts on Zaino and Blackfire (now that I feel like I`ve used both long enough to be classified as an "expert" - LOL).

I`ve never really been skilled at noticing differences between the looks of any LSP. I`m not 100% convinced 1 product EVER looks better than any other, except, maybe, possibly, potentially, with a small probability... Z2Pro made my car just tad, wee-bit, tiny inkling more "glossy" than anything else I`ve used.

Did I qualify that enough to cover my arse?

Seriously though... I think I did notice a bit more shine with Zaino than anything else but my preference is still Wet Diamond. I prefer it because to me, it is:

1. Easier to use than Z2Pro.

2. MUCH slicker than Z2Pro (I think this is where I probably differ from most of the Z-lovers). I`ve seen the Zaino youtube videos with spiders that can`t crawl on the car and so on and so forth, but when all things are equal, IMHO, Wet Diamond BLOWS Z2Pro or Z5Pro out of the water on slickness. The closest thing I`ve ever seen to Wet Diamond is Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.

3. Wet Diamond is much cheaper (for me). In Canada, Wet Diamond is much cheaper than Zaino. Not even close.

4. Durability - Doesn`t matter to me. I redo my ride every 6-8 weeks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information