Post Thanks / Like

Does cleaner wax= marketing gimmick?

I was just wondering how many people use cleaner wax and if it`s worth the money? How is this product supposed to clean the paint surface and leave a coat of wax on it at the same time? Forgive me for being naive, but it just doesn`t make sense to me. It would seem to me that the contaminates would stay trapped on the paint`s surface, under the wax.

How often do you pros use it when detailing a car and what results/experiences have you had with this type of product?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them quite often. Right now Autoglym Super Resin Polish is my go to. For a one step it works great. The pads are filthy after a car. My wifes Honda is light color and it falls short of making reflections really pop. It`s better on dark colors. I`m looking into other one`s because I have been using the Autoglym for so long. You loose somethings but gain time.
    Cleaner waxes do not do the job that straight polishes will do but for many results are more then acceptable. Professionally, clients may not want to pay for paint correction with polishes so a cleaner wax is the next best thing. It will clean and polish but will not do any major corrections. I just make sure a client understands what to expect when using a one step. It will clean, polish lightly, some will back fill to hide minor imperfections, and seal the paint. Basically they will fall right in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like
    For machine application on the D.A I really like Meguiars M66 Quick Detailer ( very strong Cleaner wax)

I use it and like it but D151 gets a lot more air time than M66 on MOL.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a pro but I always have some Cleaner Wax on hand, even though I use the full Poorboy`s and Menzerna lines. CW does a decent job for its intended use. It does not, and was never meant to, compete with a three-step job.

Menz Acrylic Jacket, Klasse AIO, Meg`s CW, etc, are in my opinion great for the family, neighbor or friends` jobs where the owner doesn`t understand or appreciate paint correction. Typically a free or significantly reduced price job, you`re trying to knock it out in a couple of hours. You shine the car beyond any previous "wax job" that the vehicle has enjoyed. You get some protection on the paint. And everyone goes home happy.
    John Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a wax, but I love Klasse AIO. In a perfect world I can see how it would make sense to separate the two steps but I`ve seen some good cleaner waxes. They make a good time saver. I didn`t go to two steps until u started using a machine.

:White Horse:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Thread Information