Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire sealant against salty air....

Let`s say I just sealed my car a week ago...then today, I go cruising along the coast where the air is very salty and foggy. Will the sealant protect against that?
    Or should I wash the car asap to get rid of the salty sand, dust, residue from the ocean air that may have landed on my paint???? or is ok to wait until the next car wash cycle....which would be this weekend..another 4-5 days.

gracias....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Salt is rough on car paint. I cannot begin to tell you what the Jersey shore air did to my 92` Jetta. Clear coat failure. If the sealant still beads or sheets water your fine. Depending on what you are using to seal put another coat on after the next wash. If it makes you you feel better give the car a wash besides she will look great after.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyn View Post
    Let`s say I just sealed my car a week ago...then today, I go cruising along the coast where the air is very salty and foggy. Will the sealant protect against that?
    Or should I wash the car asap to get rid of the salty sand, dust, residue from the ocean air that may have landed on my paint???? or is ok to wait until the next car wash cycle....which would be this weekend..another 4-5 days.

gracias....
    Well mrtonyn, my car has Blackfire Wet Diamond on it for about 3 1/2 months now and I lived 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, where alot of salty air is around me and so far it`s been holding up for me. I have 3 coats on mine and once I wash my ride I use also Blackfire Deep Gloss (Spray) Sealant as my final wipe down. Now if your right on the beach area, then you might want to wash your car a little more often.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I live right on the ocean. So far I am impressed with the Wet Diamond. It has been holding up pretty good for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman View Post
    I live right on the ocean. So far I am impressed with the Wet Diamond. It has been holding up pretty good for me.
    +1. The majority of my clients live next to the Ocean (or Gulf) and it seems to have little to no effect on durabilty or protection of the product. However it is still a great idea to play it safe (regardless of the situation) and keep the vehicle clean and sealed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live very close to the Gulf of Lake Ontario and I have no problems.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    +1. The majority of my clients live next to the Ocean (or Gulf) and it seems to have little to no effect on durabilty or protection of the product. However it is still a great idea to play it safe (regardless of the situation) and keep the vehicle clean and sealed.
    Add into it that I live under the flight path from logan airport so Blackfire has been doing double duty of keeping the jetfuel and salt spray(yes I am that close to the water) abay. So far I am happy with this purchase. Plus the ease of use is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokeman View Post
    Add into it that I live under the flight path from logan airport so Blackfire has been doing double duty of keeping the jetfuel and salt spray(yes I am that close to the water) abay. So far I am happy with this purchase. Plus the ease of use is amazing.
    Awesome, that is obviously what we (I) like to hear!!! :clap:

Post Thanks / Like

great....the majority is saying that I can wash the car

later.....and not having to wash it immediately after visiting the ocean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information