Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BlackFire Paste

Post Thanks / Like

BlackFire Paste

This is a vehicle that had Pinnacle Souver?n on it, with spritzes of Z8 so i decided to try out the Blackfire Paste.

I have applied Blackfire paste over my wife`s Stone White Jeep Compass 6 times now, and every time I apply it, it looks better and deeper. This morning I stopped at my usual Starbucks location and they told me thats a nice new ride, lol.

I usually drive my Silverado, but i decided to take the jeep and when they found out it was an 07, I had to almost get a bat out, the hand touching didn`t stop. Thats how impressive this wax is, it almost looks like the paint is wet, I mean really wet looking, and its a light colored vehicle thats what gets me.

But as with all great things there is a drawback, and for me its a huge one, it Stains the trim.
    I thought its from something else, I cleaned it up, and purposely, applied the wax on the door handle, and it stained.

Maybe it wont stain smooth texture, but this vehicle doesn`t have smooth texture trim on it.

All things considering, its a kewl wax, and even after washings (once a week) it holds up way better then Souver?n.

Does anyone know if the liquid form (Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection) stains?

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I didn`t know this. I don`t know why, but I was under the impression that neither Midnight Sun nor Wet Diamond would stain trim. I can`t find anything on PAC or on the bottle or Jar that says it doesn`t stain trim though.

I didn`t have any staining on my Camry, but it has very little trim and I applied both products by hand. I gave some Wet Diamond to a coworker to use on his BMW the weekend and told him not to worry because it wouldn`t stain his trim.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejl View Post
    Wow. I didn`t know this. I don`t know why, but I was under the impression that neither Midnight Sun nor Wet Diamond would stain trim. I can`t find anything on PAC or on the bottle or Jar that says it doesn`t stain trim though.

I didn`t have any staining on my Camry, but it has very little trim and I applied both products by hand. I gave some Wet Diamond to a coworker to use on his BMW the weekend and told him not to worry because it wouldn`t stain his trim.

Mike
    I do all my Waxing by hand and the Blackfire Paste stained my trim.. textured trim., i don`t know about smooth trims.

Haven`t tried the wet diamond, i don`t have it.

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    i read somewhere that peanut butter or peanut oil will clean wax off of trim... haven`t tried but those in the know advise thats that what will clean it off...

Post Thanks / Like
    BF Midnight Sun is a very nice wax, and is more durable then Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    BF Midnight Sun is a very nice wax, and is more durable then Souveran.
    someone said its not more durable than Souveran?

Claude

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I try them all and found that the Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax is much more durable wax then that other wax you mention Claude. Now on the staining subject it never have stain any trim on me when I have use it on so many cars.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    I try them all and found that the Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax is much more durable wax then that other wax you mention Claude. Now on the staining subject it never have stain any trim on me when I have use it on so many cars.
    hey there Angelo, i never said anything about its durability, as a matter of fact its more durable than any paste i have used till now.
    Since i did mention Souveran in the original post i should mention that it doesn`t stain any trim but its durability is terrible.

As for the staining, well.....look for yourself

I have more, but i think this should do it.

and here is a photo of how the drivers side looks after 6 coats..

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for clarification, durability was never in question on this thread.

The question is can Wet Diamond stain trim?

An additional question I`m posing is: was Midnight Sun and Wet Diamond formulated not to stain trim?

Thank you,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll check on it Claude with the folks at the plant where it is made. It hasn`t happen to me yet , but I always tape all my trim and have got it on very small areas of trim but it didn`t stain. So I`ll check on this for you and report back with my findings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    I`ll check on it Claude with the folks at the plant where it is made. It hasn`t happen to me yet , but I always tape all my trim and have got it on very small areas of trim but it didn`t stain. So I`ll check on this for you and report back with my findings.
    Thanx Angelo, and can you ask about the wet diamond, see if it stains or not please..

Thanx again
    Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll check on both for you Claude.

Post Thanks / Like
    ]THats very wierd that and unfortunate that you had that expierence. I have used the wax on many cars have never found any stained trim. I would assume that this more of an isolated incident. Have you noticed this on any other parts or any other cars? As far as wet diamond, once again I have never noticed any staining and have used it on smooth trim purposely, although I`m almost afraid to admit it for fear of jinxing you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw your pics of the stains. I always used a good old pink pencil eraser it works wonders on textured trim. I get as much off as possible with that you have to put a little work into it. I then use Autoglym Bumper care. It`s the only thing that I have tried to date that removes wax stain. I just scrub with a soft toothbrush.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Claude,

I forgot you had a Silverado too

I have a 2007 in Victory Red, I need to find a better avatar.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information