Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BlackFire Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Tell me about it, i hate wax stains, i have tried so many things, and NG.
    I will try your idea.

Thanx for the Tip
    Claude
    Just any old pink eraser will do. I usually by the rectangle ones so the pencil does not hit the car. I never have time to tape out my own car so I usually work around the trim by hand. ( I can probably tape out faster.) The times I have gotten it on the trim I learned this trick years ago. Just rub the stain with an eraser just like your erasing pencil on paper. It does take time. You will have to work from multiple angles to get it off. My black trim is textured. Yours looks smoother then mine you may need less work. I then grab an old children`s toothbrush and scrub it with a little autoglym bumpercare to finish it off

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jastg View Post
    Just any old pink eraser will do. I usually by the rectangle ones so the pencil does not hit the car. I never have time to tape out my own car so I usually work around the trim by hand. ( I can probably tape out faster.) The times I have gotten it on the trim I learned this trick years ago. Just rub the stain with an eraser just like your erasing pencil on paper. It does take time. You will have to work from multiple angles to get it off. My black trim is textured. Yours looks smoother then mine you may need less work. I then grab an old children`s toothbrush and scrub it with a little autoglym bumpercare to finish it off
    Thanx for the Tip, i might just have to do that.

Have you had this problem with Midnight Sun Paste?

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you noticed this staining on this particular trim with any other waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Have you noticed this staining on this particular trim with any other waxes?
    No i have not, other Wax= Souveran
    Other Sealants=Zaino, Klasse AIO and Glaze

Todd, can it be a bad batch or container. Can it be exchanged for another container? Im willing to stay with it and willing to order the wet diamond also and see how that works out.

I was late calling Jack, i will call him tomorrow, late day at work today.

Time for some Baseball...

Good Night
    Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    No i have not, other Wax= Souveran
    Other Sealants=Zaino, Klasse AIO and Glaze

Todd, can it be a bad batch or container. Can it be exchanged for another container? Im willing to stay with it and willing to order the wet diamond also and see how that works out.

I was late calling Jack, i will call him tomorrow, late day at work today.

Time for some Baseball...

Good Night
    Claude
    Claude, while I would never rule out that it is a batch problem, I would say that is highly unlikely. Of course speaking with Jack is the best bet regarding a solution to the problem. My goal is to not only make sure we make it right but also figure out the cause of the problem. Again I am very sorry that you suffered what appears to be a very isolated result.

In this thread, titled Wax Residue, you mention that you have gotten residue from other waxes you have tried on the rough texture. What is the difference in your eyes between the staining that Blackfire caused and the `residue` that your other products created?

Have fun and I hope your team wins tonight, unless of course, they are playing my team:thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    As I mentioned in my post above. I tested both Midnight Sun and Wet Diamond on my wifes unforgiving 2004 Trailblazer`s black trim. I decided to use the trim on the right side of the rear bumper for the test.

I prep`d the surface with Meguiar`s APC 10:1 to remove any M40 or Hyper Dressing that may have been on the surface and then rinsed thoroughly with fresh water several times to remove any APC residue.

I masked the area to maintain a control area and applied Wet Diamond on the left and Midnight Sun on the right. The picture doesn`t show it as well as I would like, but I applied a lot of wax and sealant. My goal was to try to make these products stain if at all possible.

After 5 minutes I buffed off Wet Diamond very easily. After 20 Minutes I buffed off the Midnight Sun. It also buffed off very easily. No staining and they both looked very good on the trim. If fact I very much liked the way Wet Diamond looked.

The trim on the Trailblazer is heavily textured and I have had problems with other waxes staining before. I have proved to my satisfaction that Midnight Sun and Wet Diamond do not stain trim. They are off my endangered species list.

Question About Waxed Trim: I went over the whole test trim section shown above with Midnight Sun for uniformity. I layered it on very thick, left it on for an hour and buffed it off. Again it buffed off very easily. Will it discolor over time or just wear away like it does on paint?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Claude, while I would never rule out that it is a batch problem, I would say that is highly unlikely. Of course speaking with Jack is the best bet regarding a solution to the problem. My goal is to not only make sure we make it right but also figure out the cause of the problem. Again I am very sorry that you suffered what appears to be a very isolated result.

In this thread, titled Wax Residue, you mention that you have gotten residue from other waxes you have tried on the rough texture. What is the difference in your eyes between the staining that Blackfire caused and the `residue` that your other products created?

Have fun and I hope your team wins tonight, unless of course, they are playing my team:thumbup:
    That thread was after i used Menz. FPII, the polish got under the tape, and didn`t look pretty.

I called Jack today and spoke to him and everything is solved, and i believe i saw dust on my trim and its taken care of.

Claude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jastg View Post
    I tried it, and it worked, thanx for the help.

Claude

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very glad to see that it work out for you Claude, I`ll keep that pink eraser trick handy for a rainy day............:thumbup:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah, thats taking some chances there Mike, i hope it works out for you.

I applied it to my wife`s jeep compass last night on the driver`s side passagers door trim, and i waited 10min. and buffed it off...wife just got home and its dark out side.
    better to look at it in daylight. Tomorrow is another day.

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Woah, thats taking some chances there Mike, i hope it works out for you.

I applied it to my wife`s jeep compass last night on the driver`s side passagers door trim, and i waited 10min. and buffed it off...wife just got home and its dark out side.
    better to look at it in daylight. Tomorrow is another day.

Claude
    Claude,

So far it`s looking great. I`m half tempted to do the all the trim with Wet Diamond since I like it`s look on the trim over Midnight Sun better.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejl View Post
    Claude,

So far it`s looking great. I`m half tempted to do the all the trim with Wet Diamond since I like it`s look on the trim over Midnight Sun better.

Mike
    Hmmm...the wife just got home and cant make out the trim that i did, maybe tomorrow she`ll be home before dark.

But i am using the Paste, to your wet diamond, i hope its coming out good, i`ll do the jeeps trim with it.
    Still i think the trims out there are different from each other, lots of different textures and styles too, this is gotten me crazy. I asked my wife to go down to the parking garage at her job and drive the jeep outside and snap a pix with her iPhone and send it to me, so i can see it. Lets just say, i had to redial and i got the her voicemail.

Tomorrow is another day.

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejl View Post
    Claude,

Mike
    Well, as i promised as soon as it stops raining and my wife gets home early for some Photos.
    I decided to test out Blackfire Midnight Sun out on one of the mirrors on the Jeep and a small part of a door trim, here are the results.

First we have the mirror clean:

With Blackfire Midnight Sun applied:

Wiped off after 15-20minutes, looks Gorgeous:

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim Clean

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim with Midnight Sun Top area only

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim CloseUP with Midnight Sun Top area only

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim with Midnight Sun Top area only Wiped off:

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim 10Hrs. Later

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim 3 days later

Jeep Compass Rear Pass. Door Trim 3 days later CloseUp

Its too bad i dont have the same type of trim texture as you do on your vehicle. Just look what it did to that mirror, i still have it on there, i did the other one also.

I should be getting the Wet Diamond soon, i think i will be brave enough to try it on the jeep again. First i gotta use those pencil erasers to take Midnight Sun off...Hehehehe.

I was going to try it on my weekend toy trim, i didn`t have the nerve.
    I just finished overhauling that vehicle, working on posting those photos.

Have a great Weekend
    Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird! I have had issues polishes staining but never Blackfire (batch 23 or 24, or Wet Diamond). When I have stained trim I used Klasse AIO to clean it up. In fact, I like the look that Blackfire paste give my trim, I purposely apply it to the trim. It`s too bad you had those results.

:White Horse:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink View Post
    Weird! I have had issues polishes staining but never Blackfire (batch 23 or 24, or Wet Diamond). When I have stained trim I used Klasse AIO to clean it up. In fact, I like the look that Blackfire paste give my trim, I purposely apply it to the trim. It`s too bad you had those results.

:White Horse:
    batch 24 is what i had, cant win`em all, the jeeps trim just doesnt like to be touched by blackfire. One of`em had to go, wanna take a guess which is gone?

Claude

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information