Post Thanks / Like

Just getting started

My wife`s Uncle has offered us a 69 Mustang Coupe and he is the original owner! I haven`t seen it yet but it has been mainly garaged, although I doubt it`s seen a coat of wax in a few decades. Going to Las Vegas this weekend to tow it home.

In the meantime I`ve been spending way too much time on this forum and spent $$$ at PAC! I`ve been practicing on my car, the wife`s and one daughter`s. Haven`t tried any real paint correction yet but I am becoming familiar with my new Porter-Cable! Everyone has been amazed at the results (clay + Blackfire + clean, dressed tires, etc.) although I know there is more to be done.

First question; I have a Subaru outback and I`m wondering how to treat the bottom cladding. This cladding is smooth and shiny, not at all like the dull rough cladding like on the Honda CRV`s. It actually looks pretty good now, except for all the bits that are gone! I`m thinking BFWD but haven`t seen anyone address this.

Also, I used PBB&B on some rough dark cladding (another car) and when I washed it the next day it showed large white streaks. I`m guessing I should have wiped it down good (there was excess product). Sound right?

Thanks, and I`m looking forward to learning. I`ll post pics of the Mustang after it gets it`s first go over!

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlinlght View Post
    First question; I have a Subaru outback and I`m wondering how to treat the bottom cladding. This cladding is smooth and shiny, not at all like the dull rough cladding like on the Honda CRV`s. It actually looks pretty good now, except for all the bits that are gone! I`m thinking BFWD but haven`t seen anyone address this.

Also, I used PBB&B on some rough dark cladding (another car) and when I washed it the next day it showed large white streaks. I`m guessing I should have wiped it down good (there was excess product). Sound right?

Glenn
    Glenn, Welcome to TID!!!!

For the Subaru, is the cladding painted? If so, I would try the BFWD as you suggested. If not, you could try one of the "clear" products. I`ve used Zaino Clear Seal on plastic cladding and it works very well. Lasts well also. There are also other companies that make clear spray-on products that may work as well.

As to your second question, PBB&B is only a temporary plastic conditioner. It washes off easily with water.

I have used it many times on cladding, before I started using Clear seal.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Thread Information