Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How about this...

1. Wash normally.

2. Clay with ONR.

3. Wash with Dawn.

4. IPA wipedown.

5. Apply Z2 Pro with ZFX

6. Finish with Z8?

Not for nothing, and I`m going to try not to let this influence me, but I`m already getting pi$$ed off at how finicky Zaino can be!!! I like my LSPs Bubba Proof!!!
    That`s the way I do it.

Zaino really isn`t that finicky. I`ve been using it for years with great results.

I wouldn`t be using it on customer cars if it didn`t produce awesome results!!!:biggrin:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Did any of those issues involve streaking?
    Yes, as a matter of fact. In addition, the Zaino (I always do ZAIO on the PC followed by Z2PRO because I do not have ZFX and ZAIO fits into my process well) just wasn`t as slick as it normally is after application, and didn`t have the normally excellent tight beading and slickness retention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the humidity is so bad in my area, that Zaino never fully dries. Even when applying it really thin, and leaving it overnight.

If it streaks. Just take a damp microfiber, and go over the streaks. This should help remove them.

Zaino`s a great product, but it can be very temperamental. Depending on weather conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had great results with :
    Dawn wash
    Claybar
    Polish to correct paint
    Polish with ZAIO
    3 x Z5 for dark or 3 x Z2 with 3 drops ZFX for 1/2 oz. I just buy 1/2 oz bottles from any number of sellers on the Internet, last time I used Abundant Health and found some really nice ones.
    I wipe of the little Zaino that remains and then do a Z6 wipedown and apply the next coat until 3 are on and off.
    Then I apply ZCS ClearSeal that day and the next day wipe down with Z6 and do ZCS ClearSeal again.
    Lasts for 9 months or so.
    And then to add insult to injury, I usually dont add anymore Zaino except for Z6 wipdowns after washing and 1 Z8 after the Z6 wipedown
    I dont ever add coats in between that time before I look to do it again.
    It took a couple of years or more to finally use up all the ZFX.

It sounds like it is alot of finicky stuff but it really isnt.
    They want you to use 4-5 drops of ZFX per ounce of product, so measure out 1/2 oz or so, and put in like 3 drops of ZFX. If it makes it dry a little quicker that can be a good thing if its cool or humid dont you think ?
    The ZFX really speeds up the process - I wouldnt do it any other way.

Before Zaino AIO I just went straight to the Z2-5 with equally great success, but the AIO seems to help polish it out a little more, and gives you a great base to start off on. They even say that just stopping there would be great and it would last a long time.

The secret - get some smaller cheaper bottles, and throw them away and not worry about cleaning them !

Good luck with this let us know how it works for you - and dont forget Sal Zaino is usually available to talk you through stuff or email back to you if you get in a bind, etc.. They are also very nice people as are the people who own and manage this site.

DanF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    - and dont forget Sal Zaino is usually available to talk you through stuff or email back to you if you get in a bind, etc.. They are also very nice people as are the people who own and manage this site.

DanF
    Excellent advice... Sal is the best at customer service!:hurray:

(Well.... Angelo @ PAC ain`t too bad either!)
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I gave it another try again last night...

Wash (no clay needed)
    IPA
    ZAIO (like this stuff and it worked very well)
    Z6
    Z2/ZXF (not good)

No matter how thin I apply Z2 it never dries and just smears up the paint. I let it cure for 1.5hrs and I even had the A/C on to help remove any humidity. I don`t like having to apply a wax so thin that I can barely see it on the paint, which is what I did last night...but how can you tell if your getting coverage if you can`t see it? Sure I know I wiped over that area but if I can`t see it leave something behind how do you know if it is?

...I just don`t have time for fussy LSP`s :banghead:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rask,

This worries me. Hopefully I`ll have better luck.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent advice... Sal is the best at customer service!:hurray:

(Well.... Angelo @ PAC ain`t too bad either!)
    Well Thank you Bill.........
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Rask,

This worries me. Hopefully I`ll have better luck.
    It was pretty humid last night though...which shouldn`t matter IMO as my other sealants work just fine.

FWIW, I have had it work well and dry fast on occasions. I just haven`t been able to get it to work well on my TSX.

Wonder why the ZAIO dries so nice but the Z2 has issues?
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t ZFX make it dry quicker? Why not add another drop of the ZFX? I have never used Zaino, I did read their site for a while and have thought about trying it but decided to stick with WD....its tried and true for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any streaking issues I`ve had with any of the Zaino products, have been easily removed with Z6 or Z8 detail spray.

The other thing I`ve done is to try to work in an air conditioned garage, but that`s not always possible!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    It was pretty humid last night though...which shouldn`t matter IMO as my other sealants work just fine.
    FWIW, I have had it work well and dry fast on occasions. I just haven`t been able to get it to work well on my TSX.

Wonder why the ZAIO dries so nice but the Z2 has issues?
    Humidity always matters with Zaino. It`s the only sealant I`ve used that never dries, even when left over night. I`ve used Zaino products since late 1999, and the new Pro stuff streaks and smears. I can`t remember having this problem with their previous Z2, and Z5. (When the humidity is high).

Luster, I`ve tried the Z-6, and Z-8 before and it made it worse. The Z-8 was much worse until I diluted it. lol

A damp microfiber and a lot of elbow grease was the only way I removed the smears and streaks. Zaino looks great, but to be honest it was a PITA to me.

I`m glad it last so long. Because it`s not something I would enjoy applying every weekend, or every month.

Post Thanks / Like
    nosbusa, where are you located?

I`m sure your climate is to blame for the streaking, I usually get a few streaks with Zaino that are visible on darker colors, but it is so minimal that you have to be at just the right angle in the sun to notice it and it goes away after a wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa1700 View Post
    Luster, I`ve tried the Z-6, and Z-8 before and it made it worse. The Z-8 was much worse until I diluted it. lol
    True, when I used the Z6 for a wipedown to remove streaking, I did dampen the microfiber with water first. Streaks came off fairly quickly, but still, it was an extra step.

In mid to low humidity conditions, I have had zero problems with Zaino.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any streaking issues I`ve had with any of the Zaino products, have been easily removed with Z6 or Z8 detail spray.

The other thing I`ve done is to try to work in an air conditioned garage, but that`s not always possible!
    I was able to remove it easily with Z6 and Z8...though I found I had to do it in smaller sections than normal.

I did have the A/C on too.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information